Forbidden? (Read 296 times)
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Forbidden?
01/01/16 at 11:35:06

I noticed a while back (weeks) that I couldn't access one of Dave's threads. Does it do this when somebody deletes a thread, or is it something else?

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Forbidden?
Reply #1 - 01/01/16 at 11:59:42

If you could quote the link then we could investigate.

no info... no fix.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 03/30/16 at 15:44:02

Maybe someone was uncomfortable with the thread and just deleted it.  It Could happen.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ZSteele

I'll finish it
tomorrow

Reply #3 - 05/15/19 at 17:34:05

My desktop is getting a forbidden page when I try to go to any forum pages. It retains the old link however, ie its not sending me to a different page.

IP Logged
ZSteele

I'll finish it
tomorrow

Reply #4 - 05/15/19 at 18:12:40

Update: apparently the server doesnt like my Wi-Fi. When I try to go to any forum pages via phone without Wi-Fi on everything loads properly. As soon as I turn on Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable from the router I get forbidden pages.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 05/15/19 at 18:51:23

it's mostly likely your anti virus software.

WWW   IP Logged
ZSteele

I'll finish it
tomorrow

Reply #6 - 05/15/19 at 19:07:02

Talking about firewall and such? I will mention this only started after I tried to make my current cafe project post. The og post i crafted had html built in to display the imgur album and upon submit the server shot back a "you cant use scripting in a post". The next post attempt brought me to the forbidden page.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 05/17/19 at 10:57:43

I could tell you...but, I am forbidden  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Forbidden?t
Reply #8 - 06/19/19 at 17:31:17

That guy ....geeeze..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #9 - 01/07/20 at 15:02:45

I'm forbidden from my work address.  It started a few weeks ago and I cannot access any of the forum from any computer in our building.  Knocked me out while I was using the forum.  I can use the site from my phone as long as I'm not connected to our work wifi.  Site works fine for me at home.

The Error is:  "403 Forbidden error (Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server)."

It's a problem with the site's Apache server.  It's probably blocking our ip addresses.  It will probably need to be resolved by whomever is hosting the forum.

I doubt it's being done intentionally, but this how it could be done in Apache:  http://www.htaccess-guide.com/deny-visitors-by-ip-address/

It's probably being done by a script trying to protect the site or server it's hosted on.  (Just a guess of course.  I do used Apache server at work, but am a novice.)

« Last Edit: 04/10/20 at 05:35:31 by ohiomoto »  
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #10 - 04/10/20 at 05:26:08

BUMP

ZSteele wrote on 05/15/19 at 17:34:05:
My desktop is getting a forbidden page when I try to go to any forum pages. It retains the old link however, ie its not sending me to a different page.

ZSteele wrote on 05/15/19 at 18:12:40:
Update: apparently the server doesnt like my Wi-Fi. When I try to go to any forum pages via phone without Wi-Fi on everything loads properly. As soon as I turn on Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable from the router I get forbidden pages.

ZSteele wrote on 05/15/19 at 19:07:02:
Talking about firewall and such? I will mention this only started after I tried to make my current cafe project post. The og post i crafted had html built in to display the imgur album and upon submit the server shot back a "you cant use scripting in a post". The next post attempt brought me to the forbidden page.

ohiomoto wrote on 01/07/20 at 15:02:45:
I'm forbidden from my work address.  It started a few weeks ago and I cannot access any of the forum from any computer in our building.  Knocked me out while I was using the forum.  I can use the site from my phone as long as I'm not connected to our work wifi.  Site works fine for me at home.

The Error is:  "403 Forbidden error (Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server)."

It's a problem with the site's Apache server.  It's probably blocking our ip addresses.  It will probably need to be resolved by whomever is hosting the forum.

I doubt it's being done intentionally, but this how it could be done in Apache:  http://www.htaccess-guide.com/deny-visitors-by-ip-address/

It's probably being done by a script trying to protect the site or server it's hosted on.  (Just a guess of course.  I do used Apache server at work, but am a novice.)

-----------
BUMP

Whoever runs the site needs to adjust some settings or Apache config files.  I'm not holding my breath. Sad

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #11 - 11/16/21 at 16:23:44

bump

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #12 - 07/05/22 at 07:13:42

I found a couple of simple workarounds for this issue.  Use a VPN service or download TOR web browser.  Both will change the public address that this site sees from my work computer which is on the IP that was blocked.  

https://www.torproject.org/download/
« Last Edit: 06/27/23 at 06:36:12 by ohiomoto »  

IMG_20170729_151514653_002.jpg
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 07/13/23 at 08:42:03

Hay Ohio ,  I had a Yamaha 650 one time ,,, but it didn't look anything like this one !   Cool
I'm not sure the skinny frame would hold a full throttle take off ?  

This is the same problem I ran into :     forbidden page  

I'm not a computer skills guy at all , and didn't know what to do for months to fix the "   forbidden page " problem .

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 16:39:23

General CategoryForum Upgrade Issues / Tests › Forbidden?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.