SuzukiSavage.com
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl
General Category >> Forum Upgrade Issues / Tests >> Forbidden?
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1451676907

Message started by cheapnewb24 on 01/01/16 at 11:35:06

Title: Forbidden?
Post by cheapnewb24 on 01/01/16 at 11:35:06

I noticed a while back (weeks) that I couldn't access one of Dave's threads. Does it do this when somebody deletes a thread, or is it something else?

Title: Re: Forbidden?
Post by verslagen1 on 01/01/16 at 11:59:42

If you could quote the link then we could investigate.

no info... no fix.

Title: Re: Forbidden?
Post by justin_o_guy2 on 03/30/16 at 15:44:02

Maybe someone was uncomfortable with the thread and just deleted it.  It Could happen.

Title: Re: Forbidden?
Post by ZSteele on 05/15/19 at 17:34:05

My desktop is getting a forbidden page when I try to go to any forum pages. It retains the old link however, ie its not sending me to a different page.

Title: Re: Forbidden?
Post by ZSteele on 05/15/19 at 18:12:40

Update: apparently the server doesnt like my Wi-Fi. When I try to go to any forum pages via phone without Wi-Fi on everything loads properly. As soon as I turn on Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable from the router I get forbidden pages.

Title: Re: Forbidden?
Post by verslagen1 on 05/15/19 at 18:51:23

it's mostly likely your anti virus software.

Title: Re: Forbidden?
Post by ZSteele on 05/15/19 at 19:07:02

Talking about firewall and such? I will mention this only started after I tried to make my current cafe project post. The og post i crafted had html built in to display the imgur album and upon submit the server shot back a "you cant use scripting in a post". The next post attempt brought me to the forbidden page.

Title: Re: Forbidden?
Post by raydawg on 05/17/19 at 10:57:43

I could tell you...but, I am forbidden  ;D

Title: Re: Forbidden?t
Post by justin_o_guy2 on 06/19/19 at 17:31:17

That guy ....geeeze..

Title: Re: Forbidden?
Post by ohiomoto on 01/07/20 at 15:02:45

I'm forbidden from my work address.  It started a few weeks ago and I cannot access any of the forum from any computer in our building.  Knocked me out while I was using the forum.  I can use the site from my phone as long as I'm not connected to our work wifi.  Site works fine for me at home.

The Error is:  "403 Forbidden error (Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server)."

It's a problem with the site's Apache server.  It's probably blocking our ip addresses.  It will probably need to be resolved by whomever is hosting the forum.

I doubt it's being done intentionally, but this how it could be done in Apache:  http://www.htaccess-guide.com/deny-visitors-by-ip-address/

It's probably being done by a script trying to protect the site or server it's hosted on.  (Just a guess of course.  I do used Apache server at work, but am a novice.)

Title: Re: Forbidden?
Post by ohiomoto on 04/10/20 at 05:26:08

BUMP



141D3A2B2B222B4E0 wrote:
My desktop is getting a forbidden page when I try to go to any forum pages. It retains the old link however, ie its not sending me to a different page.



69604756565F56330 wrote:
Update: apparently the server doesnt like my Wi-Fi. When I try to go to any forum pages via phone without Wi-Fi on everything loads properly. As soon as I turn on Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable from the router I get forbidden pages.



0D042332323B32570 wrote:
Talking about firewall and such? I will mention this only started after I tried to make my current cafe project post. The og post i crafted had html built in to display the imgur album and upon submit the server shot back a "you cant use scripting in a post". The next post attempt brought me to the forbidden page.



5D5A5B5D5F5D465D320 wrote:
I'm forbidden from my work address.  It started a few weeks ago and I cannot access any of the forum from any computer in our building.  Knocked me out while I was using the forum.  I can use the site from my phone as long as I'm not connected to our work wifi.  Site works fine for me at home.

The Error is:  "403 Forbidden error (Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server)."

It's a problem with the site's Apache server.  It's probably blocking our ip addresses.  It will probably need to be resolved by whomever is hosting the forum.

I doubt it's being done intentionally, but this how it could be done in Apache:  http://www.htaccess-guide.com/deny-visitors-by-ip-address/

It's probably being done by a script trying to protect the site or server it's hosted on.  (Just a guess of course.  I do used Apache server at work, but am a novice.)


-----------
BUMP

Whoever runs the site needs to adjust some settings or Apache config files.  I'm not holding my breath. :(

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.