Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
mandating participation in commerce? (Read 296 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: mandating participation in commerce?
Reply #60 - 12/29/15 at 21:11:38

LostArtist wrote on 12/29/15 at 09:11:30:
none of you get it, it's simple, it's in front of you EVERY DAY and yet you are all so stuck with blinders on you don't get it.

EVERYTHING HAS A PRICE ON IT, everything except for air, (for now)  

Our capitalist society mandates we all BUY stuff, we have to buy FOOD, food has a price on it, its a HUGE industry and we are all forced to buy it or have someone buy it for you, but there is a price on every food product, unless you are brave enough to do the hunting and gathering thing and more or less drop out of our society for that, the penalty for not consuming food is DEATH.   I don't hear any of you complaining about being forced to buy food.  I'm not complaining about it here either, just using it as an example to put out the completeness of capitalism's invasion into our lives.

Also, let's be clear, I'm NOT arguing AGAINST our system, I like capitalism, it's not perfect but it's the best solution to a lot of human problems. There are definitely places where capitalists have bought and expanded their influence but that is a byproduct of the innate greed in capitalism. so while yes, sometimes greed is good, sometimes it can be bad too. the problem a lot of you guys have is you are looking to have black and white definitions of everything. Life is much, much more complicated than "capitalism good, communism bad"  life is NOT BINARY

on healthcare insurance, the CAPITALIST PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE companies were in HUGE favor of the ACA, especially the individual mandate part of it. They all but forced that part of the law in place. the greed of PRIVATE capitalist insurance companies had a heavy influence on the ACA, so while you all want to blame Obama for the evil individual mandate, you just seem ignorant to the fact that the individual mandate was originally a HERITAGE foundation idea the was supported first by REPUBLICAN Mitt Romney in Massachusetts, back when he was a solid republican, before the party went far right conservative as it is now.  but republicans have a history of supporting this kind of "forced commerce" back to Nixon at least. according to this Forbes piece at least: http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2012/02/07/the-tortuous-conservativ...

another important thing before I stop this for now, greed is not partisan

PG, I like and agree with the first Milton Friedman clip you put up, I haven't seen the second one yet.

You understand how necessary food is. Note, there is no Law telling you how many calories you must ingest daily or what ratio of carbs to protein you Must have. Food is a necessity.
Health insurance isn't. Odds Are, you're gonna need a doctor.
But there's no ODDS on needing food.
There's no right way for the government to mandate buying health insurance.
People have gotten so far removed from the concepts that America was built on that they have lost sight of the role of government.
People, WE, by design , are the Sovereign.
Look it up. Understanding what that word means is Past important. It's crucial.

Consider this.

You own a huge home. You're rich, Trump plus rich. You have five maids, a chauffeur and limo for everyday family member, houses , not rooms, for every servant,
And one day you wake up and realize that THEY are eating steak. THEY are telling You that you will be having beans and weenies, and you better be happy to have it.

That's what OUR servants have done.
Are you happy about it?
Maybe if we give them more power over our lives, America will be great again.

I'm Still just so confused! I mean, our Best and Brightest, Always out maneuvered on every trade deal.
Eventually, stupid stops working as camouflage for sabotage.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 10:08:14

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › mandating participation in commerce?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.