Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hillary was right...!!!! (Read 76 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Hillary was right...!!!!
12/23/15 at 19:37:11

And because they didn't get to go to Disneyland, they have said they will join ISIS now, so they can blow up those little midget singing "Its a Small World After All.....

Thank you  Grin

UNITED KINGDOM
Outcry in UK after Muslim family claims US officials stopped them from boarding flight to Los Angeles
Published December 23, 2015  Associated Press

British Prime Minister David Cameron will look into claims that U.S. officials prevented a British Muslim family of 11 from flying to Disneyland for a planned holiday.

The issue is sensitive because U.S. Republican presidential contender Donald Trump has called for a temporary ban on Muslims visiting the U.S. due to concerns about extremist attacks.

Stella Creasy, a member of the opposition Labour Party, said Wednesday that U.S. officials gave no explanation for refusing to allow her constituents to board a flight from Gatwick Airport on Dec. 15, so she wrote Cameron seeking his intervention. She said there is "growing fear" among British Muslims that aspects of Trump's plans are coming into practice even though they have been widely condemned.

A top Muslim group said cases like this appear to be related to religion and are worrying for British Muslims.

Mohammed Zahid Mahmood said he and his family -- two brothers and their nine children -- were told nothing except that they were not allowed to travel to the U.S. despite having previously obtained clearance.

"We were the only family that was of Asian, Muslim, sort of appearance, and it seemed a little bit embarrassing that only we were taken out (of the line to board)," he told the BBC.

Cameron's office said Wednesday that he would investigate the matter. He had earlier characterized Trump's policy as "divisive and wrong."

A U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman said the "religion, faith or spiritual beliefs of an international traveler are not determining factors" when deciding if a person can travel to the United States. The spokesman said people can be denied entry for a variety of reasons including health-related issues, prior criminal convictions, security concerns or on miscellaneous grounds.

Ajmal Masroor, a London-based imam and broadcaster, said he received similar treatment when trying to travel to the U.S. for business recently. He told the AP that a U.S. Embassy official prevented him from boarding a Dec. 17 flight and told him his business visa had been revoked. He said he had never had any problem travelling on that visa before.

"I asked him why repeatedly and he said `You must have done something wrong,' without any explanation," Masroor said.

He said he feared that U.S. officials were singling out Muslims.

"This is absolutely discrimination. It is not acceptable and playing into the hands of the terrorists," Masroor said.

The Muslim Council of Britain also said the last-minute denial of boarding privileges without explanation is distressing for Muslims.

"There is a perception that such decisions are being made due to the faith or political activism of individuals," the council said.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Hillary was right...!!!!
Reply #1 - 12/24/15 at 12:51:54

This is absolutely discrimination. It is not acceptable and playing into the hands of the terrorists," Masroor said

Everyone discriminates. You're supposed to. That's the process of choosing friends. It's PREJUDICIAL discrimination that is the problem.
Deciding someone is of low moral fiber based on skin color, not taking the time to get to know them and find out if you can relate and enjoy their company, find out if they are honest and trustworthy, that's the PREJUDICIAL discrimination.
The report doesn't include that a social media site that has some troubling verbiage is owned or participated in by a guy with the same name as his son.

The quote above seems to be from someone who might not even be one of the group who weren't allowed to fly. The writing is a bit unclear.

Also, quoted..
He said he feared that U.S. officials were singling out Muslims.

Well, Eskimos haven't been shooting at us, so, who would YOU look at?

In the words of some of the most determined to take freedoms,
If it saves the life of just ONE child, wouldn't it be worth it?

As for this being the Result of Trump suggesting it, I say HA!, Fat Chance! There's absolutely Nothing he has said that the bubs or dems would respect, certainly not enough to do something that would cause a flap. What they Might do is Do what he said, in Order to cause a flap, just to demonstrate that it's not a workable policy.
I have a problem with what they did. IF in fact, they Truly Believe that one or a few of them had  bad intentions, then I think they should have allowed them to come and put someone on them. Watch them, SEE if they're up to no good. What's the value in having information if you don't use it?

What better deterrent to bad guys than Letting them in, acting as if you know nothing, then busting them just when they are getting ready to do something? Manpower a problem? You don't have to be FBI to watch people. Bring a few guys home from Iraq or wherever.

Pretty big difference between tourists, bringing children to Disneyland and Syrian refugees. Tourists have a visa and a specific time limit. Tourists PAY for the tickets to get here. WE are paying for the refugees to come here AND we have exactly No expectation of them leaving.
The more I look at this the more I see it as an attempt to conflate Trumps reasonable idea, which, for the intellectually honest, will be remembered as FOLLOWING Trump saying
We NEED to take these people in. We are America, that's what we do. We help others.

Then he reconsidered, he saw how easy it is for bad people to get fake papers and gain easy entrance. Then he said
We need to halt all immigration from these war torn areas, UNTIL WE CAN GET THIS FIGURED OUT.
For the media to twist immigration with tourism, and pretend he DIDN'T make it a point to Temporarily , not Permanently, halt immigration is to be expected. For everyone, and particularly the left, t to try to make him out to be some hate filled, xenophobic tyrant is just to be expected.

Watch how this one stupid thing gets blown out of proportion and used to clobber Trump. Pay no attention to how twisted it is, how unlike what he said needs done.

I feel like a parent a block away from the van the stranger is luring the kid down the street into. I'm hollering at him, telling him not to get in, but all he is focused on is the candy and the story about the lost puppy.

There is a perception that such decisions are being made due to the faith or political activism of individuals," the council said.

Yeah, haul your dumb Ass to Syria, stand on a corner, start reading from the Bible and handing out pocket Constitutions.

If we DON'T consider the political ideology of immigrants, isn't that suicide? Now, a Tourist, someone who just wants to visit, see the Grand Canyon, Disneyland, Smithsonian, whatever, and they are gonna go back home? I don't care anything about their religion OR politics. As long as they don't come here planning on making the news, I don't CARE what they believe about anything, what color they are, Nothing. Come, enjoy the beauty of America,go home, tell everyone what a great place it is. Don't bring diseases, don't kill, don't bomb anything, be good guests, we Are good hosts.

Now, tell me I'm a racist and a xenophobic red neck.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 12/24/15 at 13:17:18

jog
you are xenophobic Smiley

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 12/24/15 at 13:27:46

thumperclone wrote on 12/24/15 at 13:17:18:
jog

Gee, I thought he was baptist  Cool

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 12/24/15 at 13:52:15

raydawg wrote on 12/24/15 at 13:27:46:
thumperclone wrote on 12/24/15 at 13:17:18:
jog

Gee, I thought he was baptist  Cool

Same difference... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 12/24/15 at 15:27:02

Incidentally in America, the migrants don't have constitutional protected rights.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 12/24/15 at 16:28:27

" ... Tourists have a visa and a specific time limit. ..."
" ... a Tourist, someone who just wants to visit ... "

Great and good. Their is, a time limit on Visas.
Yet NO ONE, is Tracking that.   HERE !
So, it is entirely possible, that someone, 'attaches' themselves, to a legit person/group/family,  then once here, they disappear. Because NO ONE KNOWS, where they are, or how long they are to be here, or even bothers to check !

Again 40+ years ago, coming from France to the UK on a boat. In line to show passport. (3 'foreigners', met on the boat and decided to explore together, one Canadian, one from Calif, and me). The Canadian had his passport stamped 3 months, the person from Calf was stamped 1 month, I was stamped 4 months. It was a, 'visa', not needed ahead of time to get into the UK, just granted, upon entry, (Like Most of the Countries) AND, it ALL depended on how much money we showed to the passport official we had on us, as to how long the, 'visa' was good for.

As we were boarding a train to Great Yarmouth, the Calf fellow was lamenting about how he only got one month. I told him don't worry, they don't have a clue where we are, and if we overstay, they still won't have a clue, because when we leave, they do Not check a Passport, and the next Country won't even bother to look, how long you stayed in the previous country.

Then one night, were leaving the Pub, just a bit 'taxed with the beer', only a 6+ block walk to the rented rooms we had. A Constable stopped us.  (Well perhaps we were a bit loud, singing and laughing), he  said: 'Yur all Yanks ain't yer", when we explained 2 of were, one was not, he said:  'it's don't matrer", then, Demanded our ID's, and where we were staying, and how long our 'visas' were for.  Ya Think, he 'teletyped' some official to check ????
(I think they did)

So, 40+ years ago, it was done.
Yet TODAY, in this Country, it, can't, be done ???????

"Visa Overstays"

The US Homeland Security, has NO information on that.
Last info to Congress was 22 YEARS ago.
https://www.facebook.com/askrocco/videos/10153756162167716/

Yet,  YET, just 6 years ago, a Video Company from the UK, who had a long history of filming National  Dog Events, (Their history started when, FILM, was used first, then digital).  They all had their papers in order. They all had, 'work' visas.  They were allowed to leave the UK.  YET, when they got to Mpls., they were held in confinement, and NOT ALLOWED, in the Country. (Because someone forgot to dot a 'i' and cross a, 'T')   They had to, Forfeit, their tickets from Mpls to Bismark ND, and back again,  and take the Next flight back to the UK.

Yet, it is Perfectly all right to, bring potential TERRORISTS, into this Country,  Give them a, 'Visa Waver', and PAY THEIR WAY !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 12/24/15 at 17:04:23

Quote:
 Posted by: Posted by: justin_o_guy2: " ... I feel like a parent a block away from the van the stranger is luring the kid down the street into. I'm hollering at him, telling him not to get in, but all he is focused on is the candy and the story about the lost puppy. ..."  

That, is probably the  BEST, Statement of what it feels like !

And after the kid, gets into the van, the, 'Farly Dust Sprinklers', and the 'Kum-By-You', singers, will wring their hands, and say:   "Oh My, How Terrible, I guess we need to BAN,  Vans, that will fix the problem".

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #8 - 12/29/15 at 11:11:07

MnSpring wrote on 12/24/15 at 17:04:23:
Quote:
 Posted by: Posted by: justin_o_guy2: " ... I feel like a parent a block away from the van the stranger is luring the kid down the street into. I'm hollering at him, telling him not to get in, but all he is focused on is the candy and the story about the lost puppy. ..."  

That, is probably the  BEST, Statement of what it feels like !

And after the kid, gets into the van, the, 'Farly Dust Sprinklers', and the 'Kum-By-You', singers, will wring their hands, and say:   "Oh My, How Terrible, I guess we need to BAN,  Vans, that will fix the problem".

But only American Vans, banning, say, a Toyota van would be racist  Angry

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 12/29/15 at 11:59:10

I wrote all that. Wasn't ranting, simply explaining the rational thought processes, and it's invisible..
I guess no one took issue with it. I'm right about everything I said.  No one disagreed. Gee, and just Look! I differentiated between discrimination , pointed out that discrimination is desirable, and explained PREJUDICIAL discrimination.
I guess everyone already knew.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 07:02:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Hillary was right...!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.