Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Its a fact........
Reply #15 - 12/22/15 at 13:13:50

Quote:
simple truth is, THERE IS NO PARTY FOR THE WORKING MAN now

Prolly 'cause there aren't enough WORKING MEN around anymore to make it worth while going after those votes. Especially in the big urban areas where the population is concentrated Sad

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 12/22/15 at 14:47:32

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/22/15 at 12:06:54:
Most politicians are honest people, trying their best to serve.  You certainly don't do it for the money.

Ok, feel free to name some.  Perhaps it is just me; although, I can't think of to many who I feel are honorable people.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #17 - 12/22/15 at 15:53:17

Jerry:  I don't know your family, hopefully they are the exception to the rule. That being said I've lived long enough and observed too much not to feel justified in my cynicism.  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #18 - 12/22/15 at 16:29:43

OI -
In all sincerity, I have been around politics and politicians all of my adult life, and that's been a awhile.
While some aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, I honestly have never seen any who ever did anything unlawful nor unethical.  People love to call public servants all kinds of names, and otherwise be dubious, but seldom can anyone point with specifics to wrongful conduct.  Now as I said, there are a few, like Duke Cunningham, the California Congressman who went to jail for taking bribes, and who, sad to say, was an Ace Naval fighter pilot in Vietnam.  But the likes of him are few and far between, in or out of public office.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 12/22/15 at 16:58:38

oldNslow wrote on 12/22/15 at 13:13:50:
Quote:

Prolly 'cause there aren't enough WORKING MEN around anymore to make it worth while going after those votes. Especially in the big urban areas where the population is concentrated Sad

no, there's plenty of working people, working poor, working middle class, etc...  they are sold a huge lie by the politicians and their financial backers, and they keep buying it, again and again and again regardless of how irrelevant it is to their actual lives.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 12/22/15 at 17:00:18

I have been in Patty Murray's home, have talked to her and her husband.
It has been a few years, but what a difference the lady is in that environment, than the one I see on TV.  
In all honesty she is no different than what most of do and live.

If we step back and look for answers, lets look at how the media "interprets" what a person says by the way they present and edit it.

A 15 minute exchange can be reduced to a sound bite that was never uttered in the context they show on TV.....

Now the person who was wrongly represented, has to defend themselves, and that gives the appearance that they did say/do something wrong......

The media loves it because it keeps the $$$$$$ rolling in.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #21 - 12/22/15 at 17:08:55

LostArtist wrote on 12/22/15 at 16:58:38:
oldNslow wrote on 12/22/15 at 13:13:50:
Quote:

no, there's plenty of working people, working poor, working middle class, etc...  they are sold a huge lie by the politicians and their financial backers, and they keep buying it, again and again and again regardless of how irrelevant it is to their actual lives.

Yes.... without a middle-class, well, look at history, it does not bode well, when society crumbles.

Special interest is just that, governing to a segment of a society, instead of the whole.....
Be it wealthy, race based, gender, or whatever, it divides and fragments, weakening the whole lot.

We are only as strong, as our weakest member, that is a testament to our society.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #22 - 12/22/15 at 20:03:10

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/22/15 at 16:29:43:
OI -
In all sincerity, I have been around politics and politicians all of my adult life, and that's been a awhile.
While some aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, I honestly have never seen any who ever did anything unlawful nor unethical.  People love to call public servants all kinds of names, and otherwise be dubious, but seldom can anyone point with specifics to wrongful conduct.  Now as I said, there are a few, like Duke Cunningham, the California Congressman who went to jail for taking bribes, and who, sad to say, was an Ace Naval fighter pilot in Vietnam.  But the likes of him are few and far between, in or out of public office.

Jerry, do the names Spiro Agnew, George Ryan, Otto Kerner or Rod Blagojevich ring any bells ??????
Spiro was Nixon's first Vice President, the other three are past governors of Illinois.      

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #23 - 12/22/15 at 20:32:08

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convi
cted_of_crimes

Here is Ohio's:

State Representative Ron Gerberry (D) found guilty of charge of unlawful compensation of a public official. (2015)
State Representative Steve Kraus (R) convicted of a fifth-degree felony. (2015)
State Representative Peter Beck (R) convicted of perjury. (2015)
State Representative Dale Mallory (D) found guilty to a first-degree misdemeanor count of filing a false disclosure form and a fourth-degree misdemeanor charge of improper gratuities and was sentenced to a total of $600 in fines and 1 year of probation. (2014) [88]
State Representative Sandra Williams (D) convicted of filing a false report. (2014)
State Representative Clayton Luckie (D) convicted of corruption. (2013)
State Representative W. Carlton Weddington (D) was convicted on bribery charges and sentenced to three years in prison. (2012)[89]
Governor of Ohio Bob Taft (R) pleads no contest and is convicted on four misdemeanor ethics violations. He was fined $4000 and ordered to apologize to the people of Ohio. (2005)[212]
State Senator Jeff Johnson (D), was convicted of three counts of extortion in 1990.[281]

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 12/23/15 at 08:38:59

All those nice people can't read the Constitution.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 06:43:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Its a fact........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.