YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: New Tire Choices
Reply #105 - 06/01/18 at 09:54:35

Diamond T wrote on 06/01/18 at 08:24:23:
Will the 120 /70 -19 fit on our stock rim it comes in the scorcher 11 series ?

No....it fits on a 3.00 - 3.50 wide rim - the Savage is only a 2.15" front rim.  (See fitment chart a few pages back).

The tire won't likely fit between the fork tubes either.  A 100/80 works on my Cafe' bike - not sure if a 110 would fit.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
hotprops

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

fort myers fl
Reply #106 - 06/01/18 at 10:08:25

Dave ,"work together as a set" is something  i have never heard or witnessed in my 50 years of riding and owning and wrenching bikes . i have learned that front tires and rear have different requirements as they preform different tasks.  and different compounds and belting make tires run different. there might be some voodoo in picking  a good set for different bikes and applications  .    but a fair amount of pro riders do it till they get a tire sponsor than all bets are off .  however your observation about not mixing radial tires with bias is totally correct . good thread lets keep it going.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #107 - 06/01/18 at 14:55:24

hotprops wrote on 06/01/18 at 10:08:25:
Dave ,"work together as a set" is something  i have never heard or witnessed in my 50 years of riding and owning and wrenching bikes . i have learned that front tires and rear have different requirements as they preform different tasks.  and different compounds and belting make tires run different. there might be some voodoo in picking  a good set for different bikes and applications  .    but a fair amount of pro riders do it till they get a tire sponsor than all bets are off .  however your observation about not mixing radial tires with bias is totally correct . good thread lets keep it going.  

I just don't know what does and what doesn't work together - so I am not comfortable telling people it is fine to mix and match.

I do know that the Bridgestone Battlax BT45 front/rear are not a very good match from the factory.  I wear 2 front tires out for each back tire.....the front has square tread blocks on the side that wear quickly when you lean the bike over.  I get about 4,000 miles out of a front tire.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #108 - 07/15/18 at 11:00:45

Every rear tire I've tried has been worn smoovedafuk out in four to eight thousand miles. Most offered good traction, except for the stock tire.
The ME 880 has over four thousand miles on it and isn't square yet. It's worth noting that the wet traction is a real behavior modifier. I am learning to play with it accelerating out and letting it slip sideways.

At this wear rate I'm seeing a fifteen to twenty thousand mile life.

That means I Wont pay for two  or thre
tire mountings and tubes , do the math.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Belhaven NC
Reply #109 - 07/15/18 at 12:01:16

ME880"s love to be abused and let you ride over the limit. On dry pavement , when their temp. is hot, they will speak to you and tell you if all is ok. When they decide to "step out", they will tell you, and do it in a predictable manner. Dunlaps  will just say "goodby".  As with any tire, when old, they will turn into glass.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
08/21/19 at 17:58:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Tire Choices

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.