Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ignition swich (Read 35 times)
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
ignition swich
10/12/15 at 07:49:55

Hi,does anyone know how to find the number for the key which will fit the ignition switch, I've seen an ignition switch for a 2000 bike but it has no key my bike is 1988 so will it fit - tbh it looks pretty much the same. I had a tank which had a lockable cap and no key but the number was on the back of the barrel of the lock any chance the igition of the savage is the same.cheers everyone

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: ignition swich
Reply #1 - 10/12/15 at 08:01:34

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 10/12/15 at 08:25:32

Not quite getting what you're asking.
If you have a mishmash of locks, as long as they will all take the same key, then take it to a locksmith and they can rekey it for you or make them all use the same key.  You can do it yourself too, just beware all the little springs.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/12/15 at 08:55:25

Ya know, if you take those apart, and just remove the little gates and springs, it'll turn, that's fine for the tank, but the iggy,might lose the key riding, I don't remember what keeps it from coming out, just mess with the locking mechanism on your gas cap first, and you'll learn how it works, then, you can wade into the iggy and not be so concerned.
I would have the switch, on a bench, and needle nose pliers and maybe a little bowl for parts. Dealing with some darn small bits, so, clean the place up first, so if drop anything,it's not gonna be able to hide behind a teaspoon of sawdust.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 03:21:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ignition swich

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.