Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aftermarket OEM-equivalent Air Filters (Read 40 times)
darkblue
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Aftermarket OEM-equivalent Air Filters
10/12/15 at 06:54:30

Hello,

Just wanted to post some information about an air filter I purchased from the internet.  I installed a 'Hiflofiltro' as an air filter which is supposed to be equivalent to the air filter that came with the bike.  Note the brand name is a bit confusing because this is just the name; it is not considered to be in the class 'High-Flow Filters'.

One thing I noticed that was very different was the filter was pleated about 35 times compared to about 12 times on the OEM Suzuki filter I had pulled.  Was this done to catch more?

Seems like a good filter so far, though I'm not sensitive enough to my bike's condition to be able to tell if it is less restrictive.  I know the company's website claims the filter does not necessitate re-jetting.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Aftermarket OEM-equivalent Air Filters
Reply #1 - 10/12/15 at 08:55:06

I use Hi-flo oil filters... They're fine...
I imagine the air filters are too...

Keep in mind,... Suzuki don't make their own filters, oil, tires, tubes, batteries, brakes, shocks, bulbs, carbs, etc...
These items are "aftermarket" from the beginning... Undecided...
Often coming from the lowest bidder.... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Aftermarket OEM-equivalent Air Filters
Reply #2 - 10/12/15 at 09:02:47

More pleats equal more surface area. All things being equal, thickness of filter media, efficiency of the media, I.E.,what size stuff does it stop, that is a better filter for a coupla reasons.

The more pleats, the easier for the engine to inhale, because it's drawing through more surface area. Think big straw versus skinny straw and a malt,  And,, more air goes thru before it needs cleaned.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 01:18:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Aftermarket OEM-equivalent Air Filters

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.