Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Re: Rylee's Cafe' Chat
Reply #15 - 09/11/15 at 07:46:25

@Dave
Oh I know you weren't suggesting that.

That Airtech website has race fairings as well. I'm very seriously considering trying to adapt a 3/4 fairing to my build. Something about that look just gets me.

Screenshot_2015-09-11-07-46-19.png

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 09/11/15 at 09:48:34

Cool......more stuff to smash bugs with! Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
wolfsgrin

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bentonville, AR
Reply #17 - 09/11/15 at 10:35:11

I tried posting pics of this 86? maybe, yamaha virago tank that a buddy of mine started on for a cb550 on the gas tanks post. I will try again cause if holdin this tank in my hand don't feel like a savage tank it a darn good joke. Took an 1 1/2" out of the channel. And around 3" or so of the back end( leave it on and there's the 3" to match the extension). Cut out the gas cap too. Also you can see the wiring ther for the electronic fuel gauge. Do the ryca side tank hack and you got the same tank without the speedo hole in the middle. A great bobber tank too. Not much into to cafe's. Bobbers/choppers are more my thing. But I like to watch yous guyses ryca builds. Love Dave's tank would look great on a bobber as well and I must have watched johhny truck's savage build on youtube 20 times. A sick build if it's not posted already I would try, but look at me can't remember how to post pics) Screws it, I'm sold I'm buying this tank off him for my next savage build.

« Last Edit: 09/11/15 at 11:40:32 by verslagen1 »  
  IP Logged
wolfsgrin

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bentonville, AR
Reply #18 - 09/11/15 at 10:46:38

Sad I had a few more pics to post don't know if you can view them all from that one link or not. But once again the frustration of not being able to upload a pic straight from my phone has taken over. Hopefully one day the pics will see the light of day on here. Beer time Grin

IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #19 - 09/11/15 at 17:42:57

@wolfsgrin

I'm a bobber chopper guy as well. But as I work towards opening my own shop I want to be able to show versatility in styles of build. Coming from a track background I have good working knowledge of trail and rake, suspension setups and compression, steering head and swing arm pivot as well as swing arm angle. All major factors in creating a balanced corner carver. This will be my first full cafe build as I've done a few cafe "mods" before but never dove in head first for a full build.

This thread was started from another thread because I inadvertently created a hijack scenario with a rear wheel suggestion. So @Dave a moderator started this thread to open up the discussion without affecting the OP build thread.

Tank questions arose because that's one area I have limited knowledge in the cafe sense. I can build a chopper tank all day long or mod a bobber tank with ease. I would like to do something with knee cutouts but I'm finding them more and more rare so I may be making my own.

I'll start by marking and cutting the knee indent area out and doing the flip the sections to the opposite side, reverse them and weld back in. This aside from taking a body hammer to a tank is the most common way of achieving knee cutouts.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 08:55:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rylee's Cafe' Chat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.