Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Uncle Sam has decided to audit me! (Read 108 times)
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Uncle Sam has decided to audit me!
08/29/15 at 09:37:39

So a month ago I decided I was going to go back to school. Visited LA Trade Techs admissions department and got the ball rolling. Did all the financial aid paperwork, signed up for admissions and got all my papers taken care of. Week later got a letter of acceptance, had to go back to the campus to finish financial aid and sign up for classes.
Got a letter saying I was able to get the full amount of financial aid offered since I didn't use it years ago when I went to college. And I'm a 40 year old father, head of household and veteran.

On a side note
I've been welding for probably 15 years. I'm proficient in mig, pretty good at stick but I'm only so so at tig. I wanted to go do a certification course and get some tig training. And honestly get taught in a classroom setting. I learned how to weld from an old timer so I learned doing the tricks not actually using the proper techniques.

Everything checked out and I start class on Monday. Super excited to be in school again and looking forward to getting certified as a welder.

Then...
I checked the mail yesterday and low and behold, a super thick envelope from the IRS. Guess it seems giving me all that aid made them wanna look deeper. I've been asked to prove head of household, earned income credit and child credit. All of which I can do so I'm not super worried. Just bugs me that for the past 7 years I've claimed all of these with no question. And now all of a sudden I ask the government to give me some of that back so I can better myself and they wanna probe me. Thanks Uncle Sam for taking thousands from me every year in the name of better infrastructure but when I ask for a few bucks back you wanna make it out like ive cheated you!

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Uncle Sam has decided to audit me!
Reply #1 - 08/29/15 at 18:43:12

I'll hazard a guess as to why.....

You ain't Black, a women, or gay, so you must be an NRA, dittohead conservative, who likes country music, and going to war.
This gubbermint won't fund those attributes.

Am I close?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #2 - 08/30/15 at 13:56:47

Your right about the 1st part. I don't belong to the NRA though I own a lot of guns. Not really a conservative. I do like country music though, been to war didn't like it all that much.

I don't know why they did it I've never been audited before. If I had to guess it's because I applied and was approved for financial aid which put my name on someone's desk and they decided to check my stuff.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #3 - 08/30/15 at 15:31:48

Which war?

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Rylee

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long Beach California
Reply #4 - 08/30/15 at 19:01:10

@jcstokes

I was in Iraq for Desert Shield/Storm. I know that wasn't really a war but I was there. In 1994 I was in Macedonia for a us personal supoort,  1996 I did a run thru Liberia and the Central African Republic to evacuate US personal and civilians, in 1997 I saw Albania, Sierra Leone and Cambodia because of unrest and danger to US Embassies. 1998 was Tanzania after the US embassy was bombed. 1999 was Serbia when the kosovo bombings were going on. That's what I can actually talk about there's a handful more that were "off the books"

I was an Air Force Combat control technician stationed out of Hunter Army Airfield in Georgia with the 75th Rangers, 1st Battalion and the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.

96 Bobber
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #5 - 08/30/15 at 20:09:00

You would have seen quite sufficient service.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
spearheadss

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wylie, TX
Reply #6 - 09/02/15 at 18:39:03

Quote:
I was an Air Force Combat control technician stationed out of Hunter Army Airfield in Georgia with the 75th Rangers, 1st Battalion and the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.

I've had some experience with SOAR.

2001 Suzuki Savage. Screaming Eagle exhaust. Raptor Petcock. Routy's Forward Controls. 150 Main and 50 pilot.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/10/24 at 21:30:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › Uncle Sam has decided to audit me!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.