Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Extended controls?!?.... (Read 189 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Extended controls?!?....
Reply #15 - 07/10/15 at 10:38:31

Chris Oliveira wrote on 07/10/15 at 09:35:50:
Sorry stewmills.  

No worries. That gets many new users. Not sure why the rule, just been that way since I have been here for ~3 years, but you're all set now!    Cool

Hope you are able to locate the controls and make the bike comfy. It's a great bike.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #16 - 07/10/15 at 11:03:23

stewmills wrote on 07/10/15 at 10:38:31:
Chris Oliveira wrote on 07/10/15 at 09:35:50:
Sorry stewmills.  

No worries. That gets many new users. Not sure why the rule, just been that way since I have been here for ~3 years, but you're all set now!    Cool

Hope you are able to locate the controls and make the bike comfy. It's a great bike.

It's to deter spamming / bots, I think

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #17 - 07/10/15 at 11:29:51

Art Webb wrote on 07/10/15 at 11:03:23:

But I like spam, especially thinly sliced and fried in a pan on the stove.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Chris Oliveira
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/10/15 at 20:41:10

Thank you so much for the info.   What year sportster bars?

IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #19 - 07/11/15 at 00:41:44

I can second the idea of a set of "Sportster style" bars on these bikes. I tried the newer 883 Sportster bar and liked it a lot. I eventually went with a Triumph Bonneville bars that were a tad wider.

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #20 - 07/11/15 at 03:04:44

Also ran sportster bars for a few years, definite improvement.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #21 - 07/11/15 at 07:24:57

stewmills wrote on 07/10/15 at 11:29:51:
Art Webb wrote on 07/10/15 at 11:03:23:

But I like spam, especially thinly sliced and fried in a pan on the stove.

Not THAT kinda spam  Grin
everybody seems to like Sporty bars, Hmmm
I really like the idea of FL bars myself, but that's partly because I think more pullback / a different angle might be less likely to set off my tingling hands issue

IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #22 - 07/11/15 at 16:49:38

I was complaining a while ago about wrist fatigue with the stock Savage buckhorn bars. I got some relief by rocking them forward a little. Stock seemed to be with the rise in line with the fork tubes. I moved them about 20 deg. forward from there. That makes the grips noticeably flatter and a little forward as well. I just loosened the bar and sat on the bike moving them fwd and back until I found a sweet spot.

It feels better at all speeds. I am 6'3" with long arms. I bought myself a little more room on the bike.

'87 LS650, purt near stock, Raptor, seat mod. '07 S40, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Chris Oliveira
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 07/11/15 at 22:01:48

Great ideas and thank you everyone for the inputs.   I really struck gold posting on here.   Lot to do on my bike.    These seats are so uncomfortable.    Anyone get a Corbin seat?

IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #24 - 07/12/15 at 05:11:10

Sonny wrote on 07/11/15 at 16:49:38:
I was complaining a while ago about wrist fatigue with the stock Savage buckhorn bars. I got some relief by rocking them forward a little. Stock seemed to be with the rise in line with the fork tubes. I moved them about 20 deg. forward from there. That makes the grips noticeably flatter and a little forward as well. I just loosened the bar and sat on the bike moving them fwd and back until I found a sweet spot.

It feels better at all speeds. I am 6'3" with long arms. I bought myself a little more room on the bike.

Exactly what I did....and then bought a set of bars that put my hands in that same position. Guess what they were?

Sportster bars Wink

I hated the buckhorn bars...they were killing my wrists and made me feel like I was jamming my elbows into my ribs on tight, slow turns. I also needed a wider bar. Moving the stock bars gave me a place to start, but for $30 or so and an hours time...a handlebar switch is the best investment I made on the bike to date.

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
AlfromNH
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #25 - 07/12/15 at 06:32:22

Chris Oliveira wrote on 07/11/15 at 22:01:48:
Great ideas and thank you everyone for the inputs.   I really struck gold posting on here.   Lot to do on my bike.    These seats are so uncomfortable.    Anyone get a Corbin seat?

I put a corbin seat on mine and it was easily the best money I spent on that bike. It was kinda expensive but after I put it on the bike, I could ride all day without any discomfort at all. It did push me a little forward though, so if you feel cramped now it would be worse with the corbin seat.

AL

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 11:06:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Extended controls?!?....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.