Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Riding the Tail of the Dragon (Read 157 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Riding the Tail of the Dragon
Reply #15 - 07/07/15 at 04:34:26

gizzo wrote on 07/07/15 at 01:36:36:
Looks like a lovely road. It looks very popular. I read a short wiki about it, is the speed limit really 30mph? And could you go much quicker? Those road videos often don't convey the same sense of speed you have when you're actually there.

Yes the speed limit is 30.....some folks obey that...some don't.

Even at 30 mph there are some corners that cannot be ridden at that speed.  I tend to ride it a bit faster on the straights - still the corners keep you from going fast all the time.

The road is patrolled regularly - it doesn't take long for word to get around.  However if you are riding when they show up you may not be forewarned in time (Sometimes riders will give you hand or headlight signals as you approach the speed trap.  I have pulled over on the side of the road and watched on occasion - and when you are sitting still it becomes obvious who is riding aggressively and who is not......the Police can hear if you are keeping a steady riding speed or accelerating on the straight sections long before you get to where they are sitting....they know when they need to use their radar!  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #16 - 07/07/15 at 10:38:05

Umm, thanks Serowbot! Grin Grin Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #17 - 07/07/15 at 10:42:05

Yeah Rylee, I do enjoy the decel pop. I actually just installed the HD muffler a few days before the tail of the dragon ride. I like that I am more noticeable to cars now.  Grin Grin Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 23:26:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › Riding the Tail of the Dragon

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.