Gay marriage (Read 477 times)
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Re: Gay marriage
Reply #45 - 07/04/15 at 19:48:52

WebsterMark wrote on 07/04/15 at 14:05:30:
Secondly, deep down inside, they know something not right with them but rather than face it, it's easier to get the culture to accept it.

Hmmm, Mark? Geting a wee bit claustrophobic in there? Or are you planning to save it all up for the mountains? xx

PS. Handsome gorilla, btw  Cool

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #46 - 07/05/15 at 07:56:21

Serowbot wrote on 07/04/15 at 08:25:04:
raydawg wrote on 07/04/15 at 08:06:38:
Or.....

Maybe they will show the straights what commitment and honor reaaly mean.....????        

Doubt it...  but, they'll sure show us how to cater a divorce...  Grin...

I know you offer this observation in jest, and it is witty, but isn't it rather compelling that (a) sexual orientation trait also drags along some other associated wholesale similarities?
My brother in law, who was Gay, him and a whole lot of his friends died from AIDS I am sad to say.
I learned a great deal from them, gained a lot of insight from having asked many question, but as all of mankind, they too differ on many things, and beliefs, and are not "one size fits all" mentality that opportunis ( pro gay)  and  opposing factors, argue.

Now where was I, oh yeah.....

He was very good at putting clothes together, where hetero men  seem lacking, and interior designing too. Had the knack to move furnishings around to make a space look much better, and color schemes, etc....
And a lot of Gay men take pride in maintaining fit and trim bodies and looking snappy, where the Lesbians seem to run a little porky and adopt the man slob sorta look, well, kinda like me I mean....but my momma didn't name me Butch  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 07/05/15 at 14:18:19

I don't think it's a stretch at all to consider that the genes that make a man gay also tend to make him more capable in the more historical feminine traits.   Or..... it could be that feeling a certain kinship with the female gender, that forces him to focus and perfect activities so he fits in more.

Me, I can't fold a tee shirt straight, can't pick out what tie goes with what shirt, and don't even ask me what color to paint the living room....

If I had the gay gene from birth, would I have turned into a fashion guru?....

Who knows, but why does it seem like a disproportionate number of gay men have a lisp? What's up with that?...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #48 - 07/05/15 at 14:51:05

Everybody is different. Some people have violent allergic reactions to what others don't even notice. What had an MRI years ago and the contrast agent messed me up. Couldn't drive for six weeks. Some, a drop of peanut oil, dead. Recently, BPA was eliminated from baby bottles, but, those receipts  cyou get? BPA, why? Why are these chemicals used? Necessity? Baby bottles are working without it.

EPA Initiates New Effort for Low-Dose, Hormone-Like Chemicals
www.environmentalhealthnews.org/ehs/news/2012/epa-low-dose
Spurred by mounting scientific evidence, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is initiating a new effort to examine whether low doses of hormone-mimicking ...
Journalists - Environmental Hormones In The News | Fooling ...
www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/nature/...
News stories on environmental threats from hormone mimics abound these days. Many focus on the potential breast-cancer risks posed by a woman's exposure to pollutants ...
ENVIRONMENTAL HORMONES: New Dangers from Chemical Pollutants
web-japan.org/trends98/honbun/ntj980516.html
Environmental hormones, which are called endocrine disruptors or hormone mimics in scientific terminology, is a generic term for chemical substances that enter the ...
An updated review of environmental estrogen and androgen ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9699867
1. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1998 Apr;65(1-6):143-50. An updated review of environmental estrogen and androgen mimics and antagonists. Sonnenschein C(1), Soto AM.
Environmental Hormone Mimics - Psychology homework help
www.homeworkmarket.com/.../environmental-hormone-mimics-0
Environmental Hormone Mimics Name Institution xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx. xxxx xx xxxxx xx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx mimics"? xxx xx there a xxxxxxxxxxxx
mimic hormones - Scientific American
www.scientificamerican.com  › …  › Environmental Health News
Some Food Additives Mimic Human Hormones ... This article originally ran at Environmental Health News, a news source published by Environmental Health Sciences, ...
Do environmental hormone mimics pose a potentially serious ...
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=...
Sep 24, 2009 · Do environmental hormone mimics pose a potentially serious health threat? Thanks!! Smiley) Follow . 1 answer . Report Abuse.
internet research, find an article about environmental ...

Notice how many girls look grown up, but aren't?
If something is causing girls to hit puberty sooner, then wouldn't males exposed to the same stuff be less masculine?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 07/05/15 at 15:29:11

girls looking grown up is just as easily explained by clothes manufacturers targeting "tweeners" and stupid parents falling for it.

IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #50 - 07/05/15 at 16:07:17

It's a hot topic and we're being respectful for the most part on this board.

My bottom line: I'm straight as the day is long, and married. My attraction to womankind is visceral and thrilling, always was, and I embrace it.

Gay men and women attest they feel the same libidinal and emotional zap and thrill for their same sex, and it's just the way they are. They say it and live it like they're not kidding around.

I simply do not know what it is to feel that. So I cannot presume to judge it. I wouldn't want anybody condemning the way I'm wired.

Live and let live. Let everyone seek their own happiness and sense of what is right for them. I am threatened and diminished in no way by that. This is 'Murca and that's the basic idea after all.

I keep my nose out of other peoples' bidness and want them to keep their noses out of mine. This Supreme Court ruling is no problem for my world. Onward, same as before...

'87 LS650, purt near stock, Raptor, seat mod. '07 S40, Raptor.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 07/05/15 at 20:12:54

Sonny your world has been targeted. Your bidness is only yours so long as you toe the company line.Good luck with that.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #52 - 07/14/15 at 10:09:08

The second we made marriage a LEGAL status, with a set of rights and privileges attached to it, it is no longer defined by religion (seperation of church and state)
Married people even use a different tax schedule with lower tax burdens
Wait, that's because kids, you say?
Nope, that's taken care of by 'exemptions'
take a married couple with one kid vs a single parent with two kids
Who actually has more 'dependants' if the wife in the first couple works?
And yet, give an equal and fairly high income, the single parent will pay more because he's 'single' rather than 'married filing jointly'

Provided of course he;s in the higher income brackets
For some reason, 'married filing jointly' and 'single' have the same tax burden at lower income levels, and the gap appears and widens as income goes up (can you guys tell I always did my own taxes?  Grin)
so no, the church doesn't get to define marriage along religious terms
And BTW, at various point in the bible polygamy and other such things are allowed, so even the bible doesn't define marriage as 'between a man and a woman' consistently

anyway my point is, once marriage contains certain
automatic rights and privileges and financial incentives, you can't discriminate due to race, creed, religion, or sexual orientation

if the church want to decide who gets married, the special treatment goes away

oh and just to really blow your mind, marriage was never intended for the common man, anyway, it was created to protect the nobility's 'legacy' in a patriarchal monarchy

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #53 - 07/14/15 at 15:23:57

Art, I have to say;  That was a great post  Cool

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #54 - 07/14/15 at 19:04:36

Good post..
and just to really blow your mind, marriage was never intended for the common man, anyway, it was created to protect the nobility's 'legacy' in a patriarchal monarchy

Got anything handy for me to look at?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #55 - 07/14/15 at 19:20:08

I have a sil born a male
her revelations have given me understanding
and now because of her trail blazing
many family members are "coming out"
imo its been with us since we homo sapiens migrated out of africa

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #56 - 07/15/15 at 10:52:40

HovisPresley wrote on 07/14/15 at 15:23:57:
Art, I have to say;  That was a great post  Cool

Thanks Hovis

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #57 - 07/15/15 at 11:07:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/14/15 at 19:04:36:
Good post..
and just to really blow your mind, marriage was never intended for the common man, anyway, it was created to protect the nobility's 'legacy' in a patriarchal monarchy

Got anything handy for me to look at?

Unfortunately not much comes up, as marriage predates written history, but i found this pretty quick
http://www.historyofmarriage.org/history-of-marriage/

quick and easy extrapolation: who needs alliances? in feudal times, the Nobility, to maintain power
Then, beliefs being what they were at the time 'Blood will tell'
the people believed that a good king would produce sons who were good kings, regardless of upbringing, and paupers would beget bad kings,regardless of upbringing, and all wanted good kings
also, the man wants to be sure his accumulated wealth and power is passed to his own progeny, and the only way to do that is to 'lock that baby maker up' so other men had no access (marriage had a requirement of faith on the part of the woman long before the man had to make any such pledge)

since anyone who wasn't a noble was a serf, and property, they had no 'legacy' to pass on
in a matriarchal society this would be unimportant, as, with the tech of the time (girl thingy, thingy) Maria queen of the Amazons could not possibly give birth to a child not hers Grin

even late into the 1800's in America most couples were not formally married unless they had money, therefore the existence of 'common law' marriage in most states
here in Texas, if you live with someone for six months, have clothes and property at their residence, and call them your spouse in public, even once, that can be proven, you're married
I wish I could remember what books i found that info in, but it's what I've pieced together over time, from various sources, just from being a guy who, reading something in a 'historically correct' work of fiction, goes 'I wonder if that's true' and looks it up

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #58 - 07/15/15 at 11:15:28

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #59 - 07/15/15 at 17:50:33

Interesting stuff,, dang, I'm getting tired of having to unlearn stuff..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 03:10:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gay marriage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.