YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Gay marriage
Reply #30 - 06/29/15 at 09:07:40

Uh oh!... Huh...
I see the slippery slope... Undecided...
... Grin...
Shabani The Gorilla Is So Handsome, Japanese Women
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kwt3F7RdHY

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #31 - 06/29/15 at 13:13:00

Wow, ray and webby went in whole 'nother direction than I was thinking.

I really do not care that bay's can marry. I do care that the Federal government stepped in and made the decision versus leaving it to the states. I also care that, bay marriage, really means gay's benefiting from an ancient tradition meant for tribes/people groups to support/maintain and grow their populations. Something that two same bex people cannot do. as has been mentioned... this tends to escalate:
since bays must be allow to marry with full benefits, but they cannot meet any "traditional" obligations of marriage, I see benefits being withdrawn from ALL marriages.
As benefits drop, the cost to have children go up, but not for bays..
As the cost goes up births will go down
also as costs go up the Federal will be inclined to seek other venues for increasing the population.. such as open immigration to all
Since marriage is right, ANY marriage should be a right.. not just those approved by bays... polygamy, xxxx, marring a chicken should all be required as legal.

I do not support any of this of course... just agreeing that I cannot see how allowing gay marriage based on the right of happiness, and the federal courts overrulling the states to determine what can and cannot be discriminated against... well I dont see how this can be the end of it.  It certainly would not be fair, if it were. I find it kinda odd that the churches are at such fuss over it ( locally). The Black churches are in a real bind about it. Most are very conservative and traditional, but that would be at odds with "progress". Others are being open, but seem reluctant about it. White churches are just as stuck, but not willing as willing to speak up it seems.  More drama than CSI ...

WOOHOO.. it took a bit.. but I found the SCOTUS ruling. The opinion was of course disappointing, and even I (backwoods) could see they were glossing over some things and highlighting others that met with their ideals. Boring read... But ahh the dissenting opinion... VERY GOOD READ: LIke this part:

One immediate question invited by the majority’s position
is whether States may retain the definition of marriage
as a union of two people. Cf. Brown v. Buhman, 947
F. Supp. 2d 1170 (Utah 2013), appeal pending, No. 14-
4117 (CA10). Although the majority randomly inserts the
adjective “two” in various places, it offers no reason at all
why the two-person element of the core definition of marriage
may be preserved while the man-woman element
may not. Indeed, from the standpoint of history and tradition,
a leap from opposite-sex marriage to same-sex marriage
is much greater than one from a two-person union to
plural unions, which have deep roots in some cultures
around the world. If the majority is willing to take the big
leap, it is hard to see how it can say no to the shorter one.

Bazinga!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 06/30/15 at 05:18:40

whats the over/under on years before "Married, filing jointly" is removed from IRS language? 3? 4? cant be much more because it will only be a few short weeks before the first multiple wives case makes its way into federal court.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #33 - 06/30/15 at 07:05:39

Reading the last two, nothing to argue.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 06/30/15 at 15:12:45

just read this, too funny!

The same people who told us 30 years ago that "marriage is just a stupid piece of paper" now insist that it's a "human right."

The same people who told us that "a flag is just a meaningless piece of material" now want certain flags banned and others raised — or else.

The same people who say you can't change who you want to f*ck tell us you CAN change the bits you f*ck them with...

The same people who used to tell us to "lighten up" and "learn to take a joke" now fire people who make them.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #35 - 07/01/15 at 14:54:32

WebsterMark wrote on 06/30/15 at 15:12:45:

The same people who told us 30 years ago that "marriage is just a stupid piece of paper" now insist that it's a "human right."

The same people who told us that "a flag is just a meaningless piece of material" now want certain flags banned and others raised — or else.

The same people who say you can't change who you want to f*ck tell us you CAN change the bits you f*ck them with...

The same people who used to tell us to "lighten up" and "learn to take a joke" now fire people who make them.

Where did that come from Web?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 07/01/15 at 15:42:52

WebsterMark wrote on 06/30/15 at 15:12:45:

SURPRISE!!  change happens, stand still if you want though

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 07/01/15 at 15:49:20

Came from a post on mark steyn website.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 07/02/15 at 06:12:04

--Steve

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #39 - 07/02/15 at 18:16:18

Well that didn't take long.

http://rt.com/usa/271387-montana-polygamist-marriage-license/

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
govnor
YaBB Newbies

DFW, Texas
Reply #40 - 07/02/15 at 22:26:43

I knew this thread would be full of awesome!  Wherever you stand on the issue think about the gay guys that were telling their boyfriend that they CAN'T get married because it's ILLEGAL!  Now the boyfriend is going...well NOW it's legal!!!  So every gay guy that never had to think about it before is being confronted with the same question we've all gotten from women:  WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET MARRIED???  lol, enjoy!  I'm sure the divorce lawyers are salivating right now...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #41 - 07/03/15 at 08:32:53

Ohh, look, an angle I hadn't considered!
Ohhh, I've just been Dreaming of the day when you marry me. I have all the dresses picked out..  ohhh, and where we go for our honeymoon.

And the divorce lawyers,,, gee, I wonder just how much they contributed to getting it passed....As IF they need more work.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #42 - 07/04/15 at 08:06:38

We have a very vibrant Gay citizenry here on the island.
When I was doing plumbing, I worked for many of them, all nice people, and for the most part, well to do.

Some of their homes were beautiful, and easy to envy  Cheesy

Without the burden of rearing children and the drain on your finances,  I think it is safe to say they attain more wealth, as a percentage, than hetrosexual couples.
I have always thought about the politicians ( attorneys)  feathering their own nest as the motivation behind the push to legalize.

I am not privy to those Gay folks who claim they need this document to claim many rights that are granted to heteros, but I have thought about how we/I desire acceptance, and validation, of others, as it makes me feel batter about who I am.

This political board is a case study in how that works, those of like mind use that testimony (of others) to bolster their own esteem, and "rightness" of thinking/believing and wage discerning energy/emotions toward opposition.
Of course this weakness of mankind has been used by all sorts of entities to empower themselves, as history holds evidence to that fact.

I wonder, has this community bought into the need to be recognized by document, that is so readily discarded by the straight community, that the only real benefactors of this marriage industry is the wedding purveyors and divorce lawyers?

Or.....

Maybe they will show the straights what commitment and honor reaaly mean.....????        

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #43 - 07/04/15 at 08:25:04

raydawg wrote on 07/04/15 at 08:06:38:
Or.....

Maybe they will show the straights what commitment and honor reaaly mean.....????        

Doubt it...  but, they'll sure show us how to cater a divorce...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 07/04/15 at 14:05:30

The gays who pushed hard for marriage rights did so to spit in the eye of those who had the ball$ to dare challenge this culture's acceptance of a sexual disorder. Look at what the fat lesbos did to the couple who owned the bakery. Honestly, the bakery could have said they were simply following Michelle Obama's lead regarding healthy eating and refused the fatties a cake on the grounds they were actually protecting them from themselves....

Homosexuals could have had any legal or tax implications of marriage granted them via civil union legislation much easier than demanding the definition of marriage be changed.

Secondly, deep down inside, they know something not right with them but rather than face it, it's easier to get the culture to accept it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 01:27:49

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Gay marriage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.