IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: motorcycle storage
Reply #2 - 03/03/15 at 13:00:15

Yeah but after you put it away and the wife backs out of the garage.....um......oh honey! Shocked Shocked Shocked

When I moved in I was thinking of building a small shed next to the right side of my garage to put my bike in..... I was planning on removing the bush and bricks.
But I bought another bike.... so we just started parking the car in the drive also.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #3 - 03/03/15 at 13:30:47

I've seen that thing before...I think it's pretty neat. I don't know what upkeep would be like on it though. Seems like it would need a whole maintenance schedule. haha

*fingers crossed* may be getting our first house in the next month or so, if that happens, I'll make sure "The Fox" has someplace nice and warm to sleep.  Smiley  since I've been keeping her in my apartment complex parking lot this whole time.

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 03/03/15 at 14:44:49

Yeah, I didn't like when I moved down here and had to rent an apartment. It was a 6 apartment ground floor setup with 12 spots for parking. one way in and out.
A dealer running from the cops decided to "cut through" our drive.... my 2007 Honda VTX 1300R ended up under his bumper pushed into the first apartment.
The landlady told me after it happened I could park it on the side walk between apartments from then on Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #5 - 03/03/15 at 16:33:16

Criminals are criminals because they're dumb!

Apartment life sucks. Sad

Luckily I'm able to semi-protect my bike by parking it among the other cars. My last apartment I parked on the sidewalk because I would rather get barked at by the apartment management than have my primary transportation destroyed (by someone who probably didn't even have insurance).

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 03/04/15 at 03:17:22

I get really nervous about parking my bike in public parking lots of any kind.  The distracted SUV driver most likely can't even see the motorcycle out the back glass.....as my bike does not have a windshield or anything that sticks up above the handlebars.  I generally can find a light pole to park next to....one that can block the cars from knocking it over.

Yesterday and today will be one of those weather events that the weather is horrible for any motorcycle parked outside.  We have been really cold for a while, as low as -17 last week.  So the motorcycle gets really cold - yesterday we got up to 48 degrees and has been raining for an entire day.  The cold metal attracts the moisture and completely saturates the bike - then later today it is going to drop down below freezing, drop up to 10" of snow, and then get to 3 degrees by tomorrow night.  All that moisture is going to freeze on the motorcycle - and even a cover or that fancy metal storage covers won't protect the bike as the moisture will have creeped in and condensed on the cold bike.  My woodshed has a metal roof - and this morning the bottom side of the roof was covered with water and it was dripping down onto the  wood - the 100% humidity was condensing on the cold wood, as just a few days ago the wood was frozen and it has not had a chance to thaw out yet.  If I had a motorcycle under that metal roof it would be raining water down onto it...even though it is under a roof.

I sure feel bad for you folks that can't get your bikes out of the weather.

« Last Edit: 03/04/15 at 04:51:20 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 03/04/15 at 11:37:11

Nifty gizmo, wonder how hot it gets in there...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #8 - 03/04/15 at 14:48:05

Dave wrote on 03/04/15 at 03:17:22:
I get really nervous about parking my bike in public parking lots of any kind.  The distracted SUV driver most likely can't even see the motorcycle out the back glass.....as my bike does not have a windshield or anything that sticks up above the handlebars.  I generally can find a light pole to park next to....one that can block the cars from knocking it over.

Yesterday and today will be one of those weather events that the weather is horrible for any motorcycle parked outside.  We have been really cold for a while, as low as -17 last week.  So the motorcycle gets really cold - yesterday we got up to 48 degrees and has been raining for an entire day.  The cold metal attracts the moisture and completely saturates the bike - then later today it is going to drop down below freezing, drop up to 10" of snow, and then get to 3 degrees by tomorrow night.  All that moisture is going to freeze on the motorcycle - and even a cover or that fancy metal storage covers won't protect the bike as the moisture will have creeped in and condensed on the cold bike.  My woodshed has a metal roof - and this morning the bottom side of the roof was covered with water and it was dripping down onto the  wood - the 100% humidity was condensing on the cold wood, as just a few days ago the wood was frozen and it has not had a chance to thaw out yet.  If I had a motorcycle under that metal roof it would be raining water down onto it...even though it is under a roof.

I sure feel bad for you folks that can't get your bikes out of the weather.

Well I appreciate your sympathy...here in Austin we will be experiencing "Arctic Temperatures" of 27 deg. over the next couple days...haven't had weather that cold in who knows how long.

Wink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 03/04/15 at 14:54:54

PRobably not going to be crowded at Barton Springs

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #10 - 03/05/15 at 10:17:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/04/15 at 14:54:54:
PRobably not going to be crowded at Barton Springs

I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCE!!!   Cheesy

Wink
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #11 - 03/05/15 at 10:25:23

me too, long time since I went to Barton Springs though, Little Eddy was heated by a natural hot spring last I was there, and you didn't pay to get in

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 03/05/15 at 13:21:08

Hamilton Pool still had a rope in about'78. Free, no hassle..
If you don't know what that place is, DO look it up..
The pictures I've seen online don't do the place justice, but still, obviously quite a startling piece of geology..
I don't remember what year it was,but, once when I went to Barton Springs it was topless.. Waay too many trees in that place for a hormonally supercharged 23 or 24 year old guy to be walking around in there while the place is loaded with that kinda scenery..

And even waay back then a ten speed down Congress was a very bad idea..
I got about 3blocks before I nearly got hurt.. Turned it around and went back to the friends house..

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #13 - 03/05/15 at 21:11:27

it was topless int the early 80s too, and this teenager appreciated the helck outta that Smiley
I musta been suicidal, I rode S Congress ave all the time, on a BMX bike  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 03/05/15 at 23:32:12

I was in the turn lane,tenth gear, running on the pedals.. and I used toe traps.. since I could run with traffic in a 40MPH zone on level ground I'm pretty sure it was close to hitting 60 when a guy nearly killed me. Wasn't exactly his fault..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 16:26:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › motorcycle storage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.