Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 34
Send Topic Print
Update on E-Cat, state of oil markets, etc (Read 5530 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Update on E-Cat, state of oil markets, etc
Reply #300 - 02/08/16 at 22:51:58

The general idea though is to get away from all those C02 producing oils and gases.
I don't think personally we will live to see the day were a mobile electrically powered unit can recharge itself and be self sustaining.
I believe there will always be a "power base", where a main system will have vast collection systems to charge the mobile systems as they need it.
Hopefully the solar road folks will be able to incorporate that into the road system they are experimenting with. (I am an avid supporter of Scott and Julie Brusaw)
Starting an ECat using a large battery bank would probably be a feasible part of a solar accessory system. Use the solar to charge the batteries which start the ECat. And solar could supplement power demands.
Like I stated last post.... I believe future homes off grid will have to have 2 or 3 systems working together.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #301 - 02/09/16 at 07:43:25

My little travel trailer, in better repair, would be totally self contained:
Propane stave, furnace, and also a wall mounted propane lamp
whoever owned it before me disabled the propane fridge in favor of a shore powered AC unit apparently, and the 12 volt lighting system I have yet to test properly (I tried using it off my truck battery once, but didn't realize I have to turn the 110 off for the 12 volt to work)

How about this, Old Rider
battery bank to start the ECat, then any excess 'electricity produced goes back to the battery bank while it's running, ECat still reliant on a small flow of power from the battery bank to stay running (that gives you an emergency shutoff if you need it)
I'm actually planning in attending an off grid seminar here soon in the Library, to learn more about what is currently feasible

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #302 - 02/20/16 at 04:07:48

Update on E-Cat 1 megawatt plant

The old test is OVER, existing 24 each slide in/out reactors are being pulled for analysis.   New generation reactors are being plugged in using the new "proven best mix", with a new contract being signed by the customer for the next year's worth of steam heat.

Rossi's independent party has 30 days to roll up his final report and to report the results both to Leonardo and Industrial Heat.

The old E-Cat low temp steam plant is being pitched as exactly that -- a previous version that is available if it suits your needs better than E-Cat X.

Want to just boil some water for a year, then this is your guppy.    It is available to be bought NOW, as all of its industrial safety certifications are complete at this time as well.

Want DC power too?   Get you an E-Cat X .....

Roll Eyes     hey, they are different you know.   Nobody has licenses on tech that hasn't been invented yet.

E-Cat X development is racing along now, first industrial plant applications are coming this year.

First manufacturing site for E-CatX is going to be in Florida, USA.

« Last Edit: 02/20/16 at 16:16:08 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #303 - 02/20/16 at 19:57:46

If I boil water, I make steam.
And,I can Contain the steam, until it's got enough pressure to spin a turbine. Right?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #304 - 02/20/16 at 21:20:43

It takes energy to make energy....

The idea is, to make the starting energy and production energy non-oil based.

The problem with that... it takes an oil base to make most products used to create the electronics that run the energy producers.

So where exactly are we saving our planet?

And how to you start your steam maker? wood? oil? electricity?

The "carbon footprint" is what everyone is looking at now... not just the oil or coal being burned, but how the products used are made.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #305 - 02/21/16 at 08:13:12

If you're using oil to kickstart something that makes steam, which makes electricity, okay, it's not All created using coal or oil, it's, some percentage, created by the reaction, so,
Less coal , less oil, right?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #306 - 02/21/16 at 08:52:52

it's not possible to create energy, you can only convert it
Burning fossil fuels converts the energy therein to heat, light, and kinetic energy
your brakes turn kinetic energy to heat
and we aren't saving the planet
The idea we can utterly destroy something that could clean up after mount St Helens is silly
That particular eruption put more hydrocarbons into the atmosphere than if you ran every car in  America nonstop for a year
even if we turn it into a polluted hellhole, once we're gone the planet will repair any damage we've done, over time
We;re just trying to keep from wiping ourselves out via our own stupidity

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #307 - 02/21/16 at 09:17:03

Rossi appears to have discovered a way to initiate and control a naturally occurring atomic level event, contain it, harvest the heat that it creates. That's the best I have been able to understand everything that Old Feller has explained. It's not gonna be enough to use unless it gets Excited. Once excited, it just sits there and makes heat. Does it need some Juice to keep it going?  If I had a stove and wanted to boil water, 24/7/365, which process would use less petroleum/ coal, ? Propane stove, electric stove, with power from a station powered by coal? Or, rossis gizmo? Im not suggesting that Rossi has a perpetual motion machine, but it does look like a new source of energy.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #308 - 02/21/16 at 09:33:10

Low Energy Nuclear reaction
it's a nuclear reactor, fueled by some sort of reactionable mass
reactionable mass = fuel
It's just a much more efficient use of said fuel

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #309 - 02/22/16 at 02:39:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/21/16 at 09:17:03:
Rossi appears to have discovered a way to initiate and control a naturally occurring atomic level event, contain it, harvest the heat that it creates. That's the best I have been able to understand everything that Old Feller has explained. It's not gonna be enough to use unless it gets Excited. Once excited, it just sits there and makes heat. Does it need some Juice to keep it going?  If I had a stove and wanted to boil water, 24/7/365, which process would use less petroleum/ coal, ? Propane stove, electric stove, with power from a station powered by coal? Or, rossis gizmo? Im not suggesting that Rossi has a perpetual motion machine, but it does look like a new source of energy.

To meet the current crop of safety standards Rossi will not loop his power production into running his own gizmo -- he will use grid power to do that.    Everyone wants "disaster control" right now, and that means pulling the plug out of the wall socket will always be there as a last resort to make it stop.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #310 - 02/22/16 at 08:26:58

And considering the probable results of a runaway, that's a good thing

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #311 - 02/24/16 at 03:02:58

http://www.e-catworld.com/2016/02/24/mfmp-publish-their-lenr-recipe/

MFMP Publish their LENR Recipe

Posted on February 24, 2016 by Frank Acland • 212 Comments
This post has just been published on the MFMP Facebook Page

The Cookbook is in the signal…
Prepare thoroughly (Ni + LiAlH4 + Li)

1. Bake Ni
2. Reduce Ni
3. Hydrogenate Ni
4. Mix: Ni + LiAlH4 + Li
5. Bake and vac reactor, add Nickel, vac warm, add H2, Vac
6. Heat to above Mossbauer determined Ni Debye (say 135C), pressure regulated to approx 1bar abs.
7. Hold, pressure regulated to approx 1bar abs.
8. Heat slowly to as close to Ni Curie as comfortable (Say 340C), pressure regulated to approx 1bar abs.
9. Hold, pressure regulated to approx 1bar abs.
10. Slowly lower temp to above highest known Ni Debye (Say 220C), pressure regulated to approx 1bar abs.
11. Hold, pressure regulated to approx 1bar abs.
12. Go as fast as possible through Ni Curie
13. Hold, pressure regulated to approx 0.5bar abs.
14. Cycle through 500C internal, pressure regulated to approx 0.5bar abs.
15. Hold, pressure regulated to approx 0.5bar abs.
16. Raise internal temperature to over 1200, pressure regulated to approx 0.5bar abs.
17. Drop to around 1000 and hold, pressure regulated to approx 0.5bar abs.
18. Raise internal temperature to near boiling point of Lithium
1h Thermal > x/β- emissions > Pb > IR/THz > 5h (SSM)
where ‘>’ means ‘leads to’

The End of the Carbon Age is Nigh

Thankyou to all those that helped us

Somebody who wants to do this to get a COP of 2 ~ 4, feel free.    Get stuck, you can get help on MFMP web site/facebook.   This is OPEN SOURCE SCIENCE as nobody has a patent on the actual reactions (so far they are viewed as natural phenomena) but patents do exist on Rossi's mixtures and excitation systems, etc. etc.    

Plus, nobody is going to waste time with your piddling about anyway -- not unless you go to selling it in any sort of volume.    Go into business of any size and expect a license application from Leonardo to show up in your mailbox pretty soon explaining what it will cost you to keep on doing what you are doing.

Only Rossi does higher than COP=6 at this point in time.

Rossi's goal right now is to produce tons of little reactor elements for sale so cheaply you'd be silly not to just go buy the real McCoy.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #312 - 02/24/16 at 08:44:34

Everyone should have a nuclear reactor that even the inventor doesn't understand,... warming them at the foot of their bed...

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #313 - 02/24/16 at 09:45:02

Chernobyl in a cassock?
I doubt it
I do wonder about radiation, because I go cross eyed every time I try to read the technical posts

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #314 - 02/24/16 at 13:28:45

MFMP discusses that their methodology (especially when run up at the self-destruct levels) can create "medical level" X ray energy -- and about the appropriate shielding for such.

Rossi routinely triple shields (layers of sheet metal) on all of his reactors and then sticks them inside metal enclosures yet again, so YES the Rossi people DO pay close attention to any potential X-Ray energy (and potential low energy neutrons too) that may occur with LENR.

Tongue       One questions how much accumulated X-Ray / neutron exposure Rossi got during his early experimenting years .......

I keep liking this sort of room heater using a single rossi core ......   plus you get the super nifty "soft blue glow" night light effect for free.     Shocked

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 34
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:26:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Update on E-Cat, state of oil markets, etc

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.