Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Global Warming 97% is BS (Read 117 times)
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Global Warming 97% is BS
01/14/15 at 11:49:45

Hi All,

Another article is out that I thought I would share. I'm starting a new thread so as not to revive the old, many paged one. First the link and then an excerpt from the article. No warming in the last 18 years.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexepstein/2015/01/06/97-of-climate-scientists-a...

From page 2;

Where did most of the 97 percent come from, then? Cook had created a category called “explicit endorsement without quantification”—that is, papers in which the author, by Cook’s admission, did not say whether 1 percent or 50 percent or 100 percent of the warming was caused by man. He had also created a category called “implicit endorsement,” for papers that imply (but don’t say) that there is some man-made global warming and don’t quantify it. In other words, he created two categories that he labeled as endorsing a view that they most certainly didn’t.

The 97 percent claim is a deliberate misrepresentation designed to intimidate the public—and numerous scientists whose papers were classified by Cook protested:

“Cook survey included 10 of my 122 eligible papers. 5/10 were rated incorrectly. 4/5 were rated as endorse rather than neutral.”
—Dr. Richard Tol

“That is not an accurate representation of my paper . . .”
—Dr. Craig Idso

“Nope . . . it is not an accurate representation.”
—Dr. Nir Shaviv

“Cook et al. (2013) is based on a strawman argument . . .”
—Dr. Nicola Scafetta

Think about how many times you hear that 97 percent or some similar figure thrown around. It’s based on crude manipulation propagated by people whose ideological agenda it serves. It is a license to intimidate.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Global Warming 97% is BS
Reply #1 - 01/22/15 at 10:52:31

Indeed.. I posted about something very similar a long time ago. This is currently a rather BIG problem in many professional circles.

For instance I spent 10 years in a Medical Library (in case thats not impressive... it was THE Medical Library for the only Medical School in the state). What I found out was that Doctors/researchers have the same delimiah.. If you write a paper contrary to current thinking.. then either it can't get peer review and thus not published.. or it just can't get published. BUT doctors/researchers are REQUIRED to have x-number of papers published annually. Soooo what do they write.. crap that supports the current thinking (even if wrong) so that they can get published and keep their funding/grant/job. It is so bad, that no one even disputes that it occurs and that there is a problem, but money.. from those in power keeps them in line so it does not change.

it was pointed out to me YEARS ago that Global Warming is stuck in the  same problem. Governments will fund a grant for research on how humans affect global warming... so EVERY paper is written to support the grant and its position. Then government turns around and says" see all the papers agree 97%!!!! that this is the case".

PS: I still have an office in the Library, I work with a retired Phd, and we spoke about this. He again acknowledge the issue, but see's no way  around it.. and isn't concerned as writing papers and getting published is just a chore like taking out the trash. In the mean time huge amounts of tax dollars to these grants and are really just a waste, as the premise can't be ground-breaking or wouldn't be funded! Whats the biggest thing in research RIGHT NOW (and has been for 10 years) finding NEW uses for OLD drugs.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 01/22/15 at 14:26:19

People who believe in this nonsense are supporters of Bamicare and have no clue about foreign policy and on and on and on... They believe that they live in some magical country and that by paying carbon taxes and(have you not noticed the Tiny House propaganda?) and feeling guilty about driving and having air and heat in the house that we can Save the World,,, while all the industry WE had,which was regulated and clean generally, has gone to other places,NO REGULATION, and now they Literally sell canned AIR in China...
Ken Lay and Al Gore cooked this idea up, IMO.. IT'S a scam and requires little intellect to see it. Those who buy it ONLY buy it because they haven't the guts to admit they have been suckered..I think I believed in it for about a year before it started smelling wrong..
Yeah,R12 became pure evil,,, just when the patent was about to expire...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sunnie
YaBB Newbies

Give me the coffee
and no one gets
hurt.

Great Falls, MT
Reply #3 - 01/23/15 at 06:42:58

I happen to agree that Global cooling/global warming/climate change is bunk. It's called weather, and it's just a way to control the population. That being said- don't go knocking tiny houses just because a lot of the global warming nut jobs have them too.
I happen to want a tiny house, I love living simply. Before I knew about tiny houses my dream was to buy a camper and live in it full time, which I am now doing. I eventually want to build a tiny house, but don't lump me in with that bunch of sheep...  Cool Wink

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 01/23/15 at 14:52:58

Thats Fine, that you WANT a tiny house,, and that you Wanted one before
the propaganda machine, Agenda 21 garbage, all got ta goin,, Many will
"Come into alignment with" the BS and, because its so cool, find themselves "Wanting" to live in a space a washer/dryer wont fit in,,The Dumb Masses,,
(yeah, say that fast 3 times) will start to believe its cool,, and , for some it will be, wuzzatime when I lived in some pretty tiny places,, Im not tall, just under 5'6".. I could Touch the walls of my "Living Room",, Hadda open the door to fart, else the pressure hurt my ears,, Ive lived in a camper trailer, With wife and daughter,, I have NO problem appreciating small spaces,, I DO have a problem with the social engineering Im seeing, promoting living in tiny spaces.. ODD Innit how it coincides with Agenda 21.. and the Dumb Masses, for the most part, dont even know what Agenda 21 is, or, are so DUMB they believe its good for them, just like the majority had no idea that the law they were passing allowing them to take "turrists" and hold them and no one even know where they went, no phone call, no lawyer, just GONE,, and they had No Idea THEY could just be Called a turrist and their citizenship stripped and They could get disappeared,,

and I Can spell,, I just choose to type like ah tawk..  Wink

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 01/23/15 at 17:32:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/23/15 at 14:52:58:
I just choose to type like ah tawk..  Wink

2 posts in 2 days on the TT, are you getting bug again?   Undecided

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 01/23/15 at 19:47:35

No, I don't follow political stuff anymore. I'm not an astronomer,either,but I
can see a glowing meteor burn across the sky.. Some stuff is just too obvious,,some stuff needs no real study to grasp.
Besides, dude needed me to explain myself a little..Didn't wanna be Rude..
You KNOW I've Never been rude. Or a liar...  Cheesy

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 01/24/15 at 17:22:32

Probably a good thing JOG.  How is your quest regarding your spiritual enlightenment?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 01/26/15 at 05:43:42

Harder, much more demanding, scarier than I had even considered. A real time, relationship with God? It's not what the church teaches. Thankfully, people who know what is up have (Gee whiz,, )shown up in my life.
Just as we have seen THE WORLD, politics,economy,education, medical, all built on lies, so are the churches, at least I/
Have yet to find one that teaches what I/ believe is proper doctrine

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 01/26/15 at 06:13:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/26/15 at 05:43:42:
Have yet to find one that teaches what I/ believe is proper doctrine

Start your own. Tax exemption.

I'm about 10 years late but I just read about the Zendik Farm.

--Steve

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #10 - 01/26/15 at 07:08:45

IIRC, in the 3rd or 4th Grade (that's mid-60's , folks) I read that "once upon a time there were glaciers all over the place, and caveman (sic) had to fight it out with the saber-toothed tiger and musk ox and giant bears" etc.

Then the climate warmed, glaciers retreated and caveman discovered (among things) CLAY (which led to pottery) and AGRICULTURE (which led to living in permanent dwellings, i.e. villages).

That was estimated to be anything around 12000 B.C.

Gee... 12000 B.C. ... where were the big SUVs etc. way back then ?

OR

Are we at the apex of a warming cycle that started around 12000 B.C. (that's 14000 years ago) and will gradually lead to a similar 12/14000 year cooling cycle ?

http://www.livescience.com/40311-pleistocene-epoch.html
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-thawed-the-last-ice-age/

Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 01/26/15 at 11:01:17

Everything is cyclical.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 02/02/15 at 05:42:24

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 02/02/15 at 05:45:51

Gotta subscribe to read it.. phhhht,, you can C and P it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 08:16:37

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Global Warming 97% is BS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.