Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
gas/oil in breather hose (Read 184 times)
jasonsavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbia, sc
Re: gas/oil in breather hose
Reply #15 - 11/21/14 at 13:50:17

the needle tip is good, i checked that out. i saw that float on there but dont know how much i trust it. i can get a new oem one for about $22

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 11/21/14 at 14:03:41

So fess up.......if the petcock works and shuts off the fuel.  Did you leave the manual Raptor petcock turned "ON" after you were done riding?

You do need to find a way to remember to shut the petcock "OFF" at the end of the day....when you park the bike.  I realize it is hard to remember to shut the Raptor off immediately after making the switch........I used to switch off as I turned into my driveway so I would not forget.  Now I turn it off at the intersection a half mile down the road.....and it runs out of fuel as I hit my driveway.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
jasonsavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbia, sc
Reply #17 - 11/21/14 at 20:22:57

iv gotten a lot better at turning it off because i have a toggle switch as my ignition and its mounted right next to the petcock so its almost impossible for me to forget to turn it off now.

i think what happened was when i went to put it in my shed since it was going to rain i left the petcock on for about 30 minutes and i guess that did all the damage.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 14:48:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › gas/oil in breather hose

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.