Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Raptor Petcock Gas Mileage (Read 227 times)
HighME32

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Raptor Petcock Gas Mileage
Reply #15 - 11/07/14 at 09:51:39

Thanks again for all the info Dave! I'll definitely try doing that on one of these rainy days.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 11/07/14 at 12:37:41

Whoever does it,... do it with the bike upright...
(We don't spend a lot of time riding on the sidestand)... Huh...

Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 11/08/14 at 02:57:07

See Serowbot provoking yet another oil level war ....

See him grin and poke the sleeping bear.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Yoshi
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LongIsland, N.Y.
Reply #18 - 11/08/14 at 16:38:55

Not going off topic

I get a little over a hundred miles to reserve then i get about 20 miles from reserve to empty with my raptor petcock

I once ran exactly 22 miles from reserve to empty

IP Logged
HighME32

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 11/14/14 at 01:52:30

Here is an update for the ryca tank with raptor petcock. I filled the bike from bone dry with 1.5 gallons. I hit reserve after 25 miles. At that point I was able to fill the tank with 1.5 gallons and ran 70 miles on the main tank without running out of gas I was then able to fill the tank immediately with 1.4 gallons. If you do a simple algebra equation to find a missing value with equal ratios 70/x=1.4/1.5 the main tank would have run out at about 75 miles. That means the rycs tank is in fact around 2.5 gallons. With the raptor petcock main tank runs out at about 1.5 gallons and reserve after another gallon. Sound  about right? I ride in traffic every day.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 11/14/14 at 04:29:14

HighME32 wrote on 11/14/14 at 01:52:30:
Here is an update for the ryca tank with raptor petcock. I filled the bike from bone dry with 1.5 gallons. I hit reserve after 25 miles. At that point I was able to fill the tank with 1.5 gallons and ran 70 miles on the main tank without running out of gas I was then able to fill the tank immediately with 1.4 gallons. If you do a simple algebra equation to find a missing value with equal ratios 70/x=1.4/1.5 the main tank would have run out at about 75 miles. That means the rycs tank is in fact around 2.5 gallons. With the raptor petcock main tank runs out at about 1.5 gallons and reserve after another gallon. Sound  about right? I ride in traffic every day.

OK....you got something wacky going on.  You ran your first 1.5 gallons of gas out in 25 miles?  That is only 16.7 mpg!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #21 - 11/14/14 at 07:34:09

Dave wrote on 11/14/14 at 04:29:14:
HighME32 wrote on 11/14/14 at 01:52:30:

OK....you got something wacky going on.  You ran your first 1.5 gallons of gas out in 25 miles?  That is only 16.7 mpg!

I agree the first 1.5 gallons might be a mystery, (he said he was filling a bone dry tank with 1.5 gallons -assuming that was not filling the tank to the top- and only hit reserve after 25 miles - was not out of gas at that point) but the next 1.4 gallons in 70 miles is about on par...50mpg. I say keep watching it and riding  Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 22:04:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Raptor Petcock Gas Mileage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.