Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Send Topic Print
Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015 (Read 4598 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015
Reply #75 - 02/01/15 at 17:01:46

itsa tacoma, so not full size.

and I could go with ya on the cabin.

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #76 - 02/01/15 at 17:57:55

verslagen1 wrote on 02/01/15 at 17:01:46:
itsa tacoma, so not full size.

and I could go with ya on the cabin.

Okie dokie

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #77 - 02/01/15 at 20:54:45

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/31/15 at 06:15:25:
Counting Stewmills we are sitting at 6 people Fri-Sat-Sun dropping to 5 the rest of the time.

Yep, count me in. Mentioned to the wife I was going to do this trip this year (going to stop saying "I'll do it next year" or "one of these days...") so I'm in for a tent/sleep in my truck space. I'll probably bring my tent and 10x10 canopy and a couple of folding chairs, etc. but I'm all for minimizing what I have to set-up and break down...maybe setting up the canopy to 'hang out' under but resorting to the truck to doze off for the night if no one else needs my tent space (it's a decent size 4+ person tent). I'm a little guy, easy to please, so cuddling up in the tundra is less hassle than setting up a large tent for one person for what equates to 1.5 nights since I'll likely be arriving late Friday.

If someone needs funds for reservations, etc. let me know and I'll take care of my part however needed.

I'll be driving from Auburn, AL however google tells me to, so if there is anyone that needs anything that is on my route up Friday I'll be happy to stop and grab whatever will fit in the Tundra.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #78 - 02/01/15 at 23:22:29

Lancer, if you are calling to get the cabin, get Cabin #4 -- it is one of the two cabins nearest / next to the lounge area (very short well lighted walk to the bathroom) and it can hold an extra two persons on the floor if need be.   It also has a covered front porch that most of the other cabins lack.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #79 - 02/02/15 at 05:40:02

In case you don't want to go back through the thread to find the link or use Google....here is the web address for the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #80 - 02/03/15 at 07:13:13

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 02/01/15 at 23:22:29:
Lancer, if you are calling to get the cabin, get Cabin #4 -- it is one of the two cabins nearest / next to the lounge area (very short well lighted walk to the bathroom) and it can hold an extra two persons on the floor if need be.   It also has a covered front porch that most of the other cabins lack.

Their phone message says they are not taking reservations for the season until 1 March.  Have you actually made reservations already ?  If so, how ?
Did you do it as a group thing ?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #81 - 02/03/15 at 09:16:10

There is only one cabin being reserved, that is Cabin #4 for you and Versy and mebbe an extra on the floor.

MM and I moved to the tent to make sure you and Verslagen got a bed.

Keep calling, you got as far as I did -- the dudes don't live at the place any more and apparently they only check the phone occasionally during the shut down season.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #82 - 02/03/15 at 20:30:25

So we have absentee landlords now, eh ?

Will they love us as much I wonder ?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #83 - 02/04/15 at 04:42:34

LANCER wrote on 02/03/15 at 20:30:25:
So we have absentee landlords now, eh ?

Will they love us as much I wonder ?

I hope Phil has gone to buy a new fan for the bathroom....that is the noisiest fan I have ever heard.  It is not an issue for folks in the cabins as the fan is on the other side of the building - but for anyone that camps on the other side of the bathroom they have to listen to that noisy thing all night.  It sure does ruin the calm peaceful environment and prevents you from being lulled to sleep by the peaceful sound of the Pigeon River flowing by.

Each year when I hear that noisy thing.....I am sure the bearings won't survive another year...but somehow they do! Angry

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #84 - 02/05/15 at 05:20:24

Sounds like we should start a write-in campaign to suggest that be done if it has not been done already Cool
The whole purpose of the place is to provide a PEACEFUL experience and with a TORTURE FAN screaming all night that is just not possible.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #85 - 02/05/15 at 08:26:09

Let's be precise -- exactly where is the fan again?

I'd hate to complain and be inaccurate.

« Last Edit: 02/05/15 at 09:54:44 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #86 - 02/05/15 at 10:36:29

It is the exhaust fan in the men's bath/shower room.  The fan must have bad bearings....it is really loud.  The fan is on the end of the building that faces the pavilion/dining area....so it is not a problem for those of us in cabins.  I have heard the folks that are camped over by the creek and near the dining area complain about it, and one threatened to cut the power cord to it at night.  Seems like it could be turned off at night.....or maybe a bit smaller fan for evening use.....or just some new bearings in the motor!

I have always been in a cabin.....so it has never ruined my sleep at night!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #87 - 02/07/15 at 04:46:39

Snailmail sent to Phil about the fan ...

I get the impression Phil isn't a handyman and the place has declined since the original owners were there -- but maybe he can get somebody to replace the fan motor.

There are other places, lots of them.   We know that we can stay away from the hectic center and cover just about any location on a normal day's swing ride.

If Blue Ridge isn't the one ongoing (and Phil and his fan motor may tell us this is the case if he can't seem to get it fixed) then we need to keep our eyes open on this next trip and actually ask all the cash register people at every stop and actually take time to go see some replacement places.

There JUST MAY BE a better place out there ....

The hunt for new & better can be our side theme this year .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #88 - 02/07/15 at 09:21:46

The fan is not a deal killer for me, as we are in the cabins and the only time we hear the fan is when we use the bathroom.  If I am the only one of our group that ever noticed it.....then I may just be overly sensitive to noise.  I do have Tinnitus and already have jingling and jet engine noises in my ears - so when there is an added noise like that fan it does push me over my tolerance threshold.

If you do camp there.....stay as far away from the end of the bathroom that is near the dining pavilion....although some folks sleep better with "white noise" and actually have machines to make that noise (I have one of those noise machines already built into my head).

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #89 - 02/07/15 at 10:21:47

I'm pretty sure Phil will fix the fan after a few of us tell him how irritating it really is then Nirvana will return and everyone will be all happy again.

Me, I'll just think about the brownie they serve for desert (and pack a screwdriver and a set of insulated handled dykes in case the fan is still running when we get there).   Probably has a fuse or labeled circuit breaker that would make the dykes unnecessary .... but not nearly as much fun.

Midnight Raid to kill the fan ----   the fan must die !!!     Ahahaha !!!   EEEEEEheheheehee !!!  

..... rumble-rumble-rumble-rumble      <clip>     silence

Smiley

Nah, I remember hearing the fan when I was sitting at the campfire which is right next to it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:23:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Run #1, Summer, 2015

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.