Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wyoming camping trip prep/mods (rear rack) (Read 78 times)
rijopiatt

Columbia City, Indiana
Wyoming camping trip prep/mods (rear rack)
07/30/14 at 09:36:48

I've installed three plates to the stock Suzuki luggage rack, drilling so the fasteners come thru the decorative openings, so as not to damage the rack.

The top plate is the mounting surface of my new rack.

The spacers allow space for the rack fasteners as well as ropes, bungees, straps, etc.

The middle plate compensates for the stock rack openings/material voids. The plate has gasket material laminated to it so as not to damage the stock rack chrome.

The bottom plate acts as a large washer. Again, compensating for the rack voids.

I carry Motion Pro Bead Pro combination bead breaker/tire irons that are 16" long, so I bolt them in the rack space. The rubber washer give a snug fit and no rattling.

Twisted Throttle soft luggage rack installs with three one-quarter turn cam lock screws-sweet.

Twisted Throttle fuel canister racks install with no mods to the rack. One is for alcohol for my camp stove and the other for my adult beverage of choice. (camera angle makes canisters appear to stick-out beyond the saddlebags-they don't)

1 gallon Roto Pax fuel cell with its locking post. Post bolts come up thru the bottom of the new rack.

And finally, a Saddlemen tail bag installed-nice and clean! Hope it gives you some ideas to use.

« Last Edit: 07/30/14 at 12:02:15 by rijopiatt »  

2012 S40 w/12,000 miles: drag bars with bar end weights, raised seat, Raptor petcock.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Wyoming camping trip prep/mods (rear rack)
Reply #1 - 07/30/14 at 11:36:06

Dat's snazzy!... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
rijopiatt

Columbia City, Indiana
Reply #2 - 07/30/14 at 11:58:45

Thanks- does your note mean I should have put it in, or you have already put it in the tech section (didn't see it there)? Sorry for any confusion I may have created.

2012 S40 w/12,000 miles: drag bars with bar end weights, raised seat, Raptor petcock.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 07/30/14 at 12:30:26

That is nice.

It reduces the overall thrill factor that packing fuel in the backpack can create.

The RSD is a good place for this thread, as it is not really a Tech item....more of you showing off your project than it is a "HOW TO".   If you had measurements, drawings, etc., then it has the potential to be in the Tech Section.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #4 - 07/31/14 at 04:15:21

Cool!

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Fishbulb
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/31/14 at 06:04:29

This is awesome - very nice work!

If there is any way to add some larger pics of what you have done it would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to start a similar project...

(Or, I can send you my email address)

IP Logged
rijopiatt

Columbia City, Indiana
Reply #6 - 07/31/14 at 06:54:47

email me at rijopiatt@yahoo.com. However, I'm leaving tomorrow or Saturday on my bike trip and won't be back for 2-3 weeks. Let me know what will be the most helpful info.
The quick release rack, canisters and their mounting brackets and the Roto Pax stuff can all be ordered thru Twisted Throttle. I'm sure there are other vendors. The rack may be theirs only.

Rick

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 03:25:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Wyoming camping trip prep/mods (rear rack)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.