Send Topic Print
Upgrading My Footpegs (Read 339 times)
Danieldotreed
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Upgrading My Footpegs
07/17/14 at 11:47:18

Hey everyone, I'm new and looked through the forum as closely as Is could but didn't find any success on this topic so.... here we go.  
I've had the hardest time finding a brand of foot peg that will fit my 2006 Boulevard S40.  Kuryakyn sent me to Suzuki to get answers and Suzuki sent me to Kuryakyn so I'm stuck.  Has anyone out there done any modifications to the foot pegs with success?  I really want to find something that fits the existing mount, but at this point I will do whatever I can just to get some different pegs on there.  (I was told by a rep with JCWhitney.com that Kuryakyn doesn't make a male mount adapter for my bike)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: Upgrading My Footpegs
Reply #1 - 07/17/14 at 13:29:58

Check out the Tech Section "Table of Contents" link... has lots of useful information.

Here's a link regarding footpegs, including my own upgraded footpegs.

Footpegs and Shift Rod

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Ap5112

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/18/14 at 20:34:06

Harley Pegs work a couple washers a the correct size bolt to fit the harley mount broke and a sleeve that bolt goes through that's what iI did here's a pic

C360_2014-06-21-18-28-36-279_001.jpg
  IP Logged
Danieldotreed
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/25/14 at 06:47:39

Awesome!  Thank you both for the great information!  I'll be attempting to add my new pegs soon!  I'll let you know how it turns out.

IP Logged
Seaweednh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newbury, MA
Reply #4 - 07/26/14 at 08:41:35

Here is a nice set that I bought for mine.  Comes drilled out to fit the Savage and S40 and includes a spacer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S40-SAVAGE-LS650-SUZUKI-BLVD-CHROME-O-RING-FOOT-PEGS-...

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 07/26/14 at 09:36:31

Knucklehead-Panhead half moon floorboards. Cut the stock peg cores, welded the board cores to them to retain the hook.

Yep, lots of Harley parts modified to fit: 1970-84 rear fender, 50s taillight, floorboards, rear fender front mount is an FL side mount headlight conversion bracket from the late 60 or early 70s, FL handlebar, Knucklehead-Panhead-Vincent perches and lever for the front Suzuki Titan hub and CB450 tls brake plate...

Stock was boring. Stepson did me a solid when he crashed and destroyed most of the stock tins and such...  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Irish Bill
YaBB Newbies

O'l Skool Street
Bobbers Rule

Fenimore, New York
Reply #6 - 02/06/19 at 11:27:24

I sure would love to see the completed bike and maybe a video... This project has given me so many ideas...

1996 Suzuki Savage Street Bobber, Arlen Ness Air Filter, El Diablo Ape Hangers, Kuryakyn Flame Mirrors with more parts to come...
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 22:19:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Upgrading My Footpegs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.