Impressed! (Read 321 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Impressed!
07/05/14 at 22:59:49

After a week farting around with a dead battery, I put a 'flattrack' handlebar on my 'new' '08 and set out for a ride today, in spite of oncoming sprinkles.

This bike is surprising, when you crack the throttle, the bike sits up and moves out smartly, and at speed, there's no way of knowing you're on a single. Vibration is minimal, handling is good even in the wet.

I'm getting inspired!  One 'Street-tracker' coming up. ( sure wish Suzuki would realize the potential here!). Cheesy

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Impressed!
Reply #1 - 07/06/14 at 02:21:09

Yep, my thoughts too.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 07/06/14 at 03:42:50

If Suzuki would make a "standard" seating version like the Royal Enfield, fix the cam chain tensioner, put a real 5th gear on the bike, and modernize the speedo with a trip odometer - I believe it would sell really well worldwide.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #3 - 07/06/14 at 07:15:12

Yeah,but then it would cost 10 grand.Look what Kaw. did with the W650.It was priced way out of range.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
Srotag

Have  Thumper  
  Will  Travel

Wherever it is warm and sunny
Reply #4 - 07/06/14 at 07:20:35

Lovin' my "new" '05 too!  1600 miles in eight years for PO's.   400 in three weeks for me...the other folks don't know what they missed. Smiley

Seat mod done, Raptor just arrived, Sportster turnout muffler in a FedEx truck somewhere.

Gotta go run some gas out so I can change the pc.  Wink

2005 S40 Ridin' on the back of our motorhome...Where we go, so goes Thumper Smiley Smiley
  IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #5 - 07/06/14 at 07:48:32

Yeah a couple cheap, simple mods and this bike is a whole different machine. Srotag, yer gonna love the performance with a new exhaust... do the carb mods with it for max benefit.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #6 - 07/06/14 at 09:17:48

Just over 4300 miles in under 3 months on my "new" 2003. I ride it at least 5 days/week. Truck died so I commute on the bike, rain (monsoon grade) or shine.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/06/14 at 10:44:53

Dave wrote, Quote:
If Suzuki would make a "standard" seating version like the Royal Enfield, fix the cam chain tensioner, put a real 5th gear on the bike, and modernize the speedo with a trip odometer - I believe it would sell really well worldwide.

The salesman at my local Suzuki dealer (they also sell BMW, Guzzi, Honda, and Yamaha) has repeatedly said the exact same thing.  He loves the bike and can't understand why they don't reconfigure it along standard lines.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Jeff71

I'm a bike noob!!!!!

South of Chicago, the suburbs
Reply #8 - 07/06/14 at 13:42:18

Suzuki has the TU250X (very nice bike. Took my motorcycle class/ test on one.) but it is very underpowered for anything larger than commuting around a college town or such. Put the S40 motor in one and it would be hella fun! Wink
Jeff

Yeah, like I have any clue what is going on....
http://myrycabuild.weebly.com
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #9 - 07/11/14 at 04:23:36

It wouldn't be expensive, they already have everything they need. Just bring the 650 Tempter to the US!!!

Tempter_Suzuki_400_001.jpg

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Fishbulb
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/11/14 at 07:04:35

Yes, that IS what I am looking for out of my Savage.... I know the SR400 is coming out, but at that price i'll just get a Bonnie. Not tied to the thumper, I just want a classic standard...

ToesNose wrote on 07/11/14 at 04:23:36:
It wouldn't be expensive, they already have everything they need. Just bring the 650 Tempter to the US!!!

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #11 - 07/11/14 at 08:36:46

Agreed, the Tempter ( but with Front Disc) would do well.. or better than the Savage.

I have to say.. while I was picking up replacement parts for my helmet .. the Honda CTX 700 really caught my eye ( actually it was the CTX 700N).

Why cant we have a standard bike????

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #12 - 07/11/14 at 09:55:39

I was really wanting a standard when I started looking a few years ago.  One that was really tempting me was the Triumph Bonny but I finally went away from that idea because they're just too overpriced for what you get.  Even used.

I was leaning toward the Suzuki SV 650 naked but I really liked the S40, too.  In the end, I went with the S40 because of the price and I also decided it really has more of a 60's bike look rather than a straight-out cruiser.  Just my opinion.
I still like the standards; a little higher seat and pretty much no rake to the front forks.  

But, sticking with the "bang for the buck", I may end up with a Yamaha Bolt in the future some time.  With a Vance & Hines exhaust  Cool

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #13 - 07/11/14 at 13:53:50

TOCSIK: switch out those silly stock handlebars for a nice set of low flattrackers and the handling and appearance of the bike is transformed.
For those of us with knee problems, the stock footpegs are just right.
This bike, specifically the engine, is a nice surprise. I remain impressed. Cheesy Grin Wink

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #14 - 07/11/14 at 14:57:45

My '08 already has drag bars (stock).  I actually like 'em.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 21:21:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Impressed!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.