Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread (Read 1497 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread
Reply #60 - 08/01/14 at 13:31:37

Semi Retired that is :

I'm teaching a Guitar class at the Enrichment Fellowship Home School weekly meeting.   I enjoy playing those "Old Time Gospel songs" and enjoy getting the young folks to sing and play them with me.   The catcher is : we meet at a "Church of Christ" building.  They don't sing with music.   At the end of each semester we have a "presentation day show"   I'm thinking this time to have some of them picking the singing parts.   I'll have to see what kinda of class I get this time  ... sometimes they learn quick and sometimes not !  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #61 - 08/01/14 at 14:56:04

Dave wrote on 08/01/14 at 08:38:50:
You, Lancer, Big Zuk and I ate at the Ten Commandments place the first year I went on a Dragon trip.....the food was fine and I have no problem eating there again if we take that route.

Dave

I was there that day too. nice ride and a really nice place.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #62 - 08/01/14 at 19:30:42

ALfromN.H.  FSO wrote on 08/01/14 at 14:56:04:
Dave wrote on 08/01/14 at 08:38:50:
You, Lancer, Big Zuk and I ate at the Ten Commandments place the first year I went on a Dragon trip.....the food was fine and I have no problem eating there again if we take that route.

Dave

I was there that day too. nice ride and a really nice place.

AL
http://p1.bikepics.com/2014/08/01/bikepics-2686905-800.jpg

Al....Sorry I left you out.  I was trying to remember if it was you, Oldfellor or BigZuk that was there.....I for sure remembered Lancer and MM were there.....that was my first year and I was just learning who everyone was.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #63 - 08/01/14 at 21:34:42

My first year "Kelly" was there, that was the second year for the Dragon runs.   Kelly seemed to know everybody , Toymaker was there and seem to know where to go and the best way to get there.   OldFeller was the cool headed leader of the pack around camp , till he got the handlebars in his hands then he would disappear up the road somewhere only to reappear to make sure us newbies didn't get lost.  Al has always had the neediest looking bike and totally blew-away my preconceived idea  of New Englanders.   There was a school teacher from the NC coast (I think) well he had white-wall tires and every kinda gismo on his bike that would fit, including a beaded seat !    this is becoming a very long paragraph ...   Embarrassed

BigZuk seemed to just lean back against his back rest and his bike ran like a slot car does.  I remember Lancer just kept up without looking like he was even trying hard just like Serenity and Midnight rider was doing.    And I was afraid to lean my bike over for fear of it sliding out from under me and having a really hard time staying in my lane !  Tongue

seems like there was another guy or two ???  Undecided

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #64 - 08/02/14 at 04:42:43

MMRanch wrote on 08/01/14 at 21:34:42:
My first year "Kelly" was there, that was the second year for the Dragon runs.   Kelly seemed to know everybody , Toymaker was there and seem to know where to go and the best way to get there.   OldFeller was the cool headed leader of the pack around camp , till he got the handlebars in his hands then he would disappear up the road somewhere only to reappear to make sure us newbies didn't get lost.  Al has always had the neediest looking bike and totally blew-away my preconceived idea  of New Englanders.   There was a school teacher from the NC coast (I think) well he had white-wall tires and every kinda gismo on his bike that would fit, including a beaded seat !    this is becoming a very long paragraph ...   Embarrassed

BigZuk seemed to just lean back against his back rest and his bike ran like a slot car does.  I remember Lancer just kept up without looking like he was even trying hard just like Serenity and Midnight rider was doing.    And I was afraid to lean my bike over for fear of it sliding out from under me and having a really hard time staying in my lane !  Tongue

seems like there was another guy or two ???  Undecided

Don't forget Verslagen and Kent. I think Lancer was on his daughters BMW. And the guy that came with his wife on the pillion. He had that huge modified gas tank. Toymaker brought his friend the next year that was riding a gigantic Triumph Rocket 3. Too bad Kelly sold his bike. He was a funny SOB

AL

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #65 - 08/02/14 at 16:32:05

The truth is there were so many good trips they tend to blend together like when you go past 2 years back -- details like to hop from trip to trip as the memory fades.

By golly we have been everywhere up there and it was all VERY VERY GOOD and it was all worth a repeat, by golly.

And the neat thing is we always keep finding neat new stuff to visit and even more new neat roads.

===========================

Cherohala is a very good fast 55mph curvy road and MM is right, it runs right up at the crest of the mountains and it is "misty cool" to ride it in places.    You are running the crest right up in the clouds after all ......

I actually ran it at full speed from one end to another with only two leg breaks, lunch, ice cream and a small nap before I started back up the Cherohala looking for the group who had never come down on the far side at all.

Toymaker had stopped the group to put on and take off and put on his rain togs because of the mist and there were several other delay type stops, which was fine since nobody was bleeding when I found you all.

Mist was strong enough for me to recommend you have a bike cloth on your handle bars to use to wipe your visor off.   And your glasses if you wear them .....

« Last Edit: 08/02/14 at 17:54:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #66 - 08/02/14 at 20:40:54

Al

Your right !    There was the guy  with the big gas tank.   Also the guy who brought some Venison tenderloin wrapped in bacon.   I think that still stands as the best meat I've ever eatt !  Wink  I'm unclear about which one had the wife.

And OldFeller your right about the years running together.   It seem like my brother Kent came two years but I can't remember which two it was.  Roll Eyes   But I do remember his surprise when he couldn't make his 90Hp bike pull away from the little 30Hp Savages.   And what a great time it was sitting around the campfire with strangers and swapping stories and such .  Cool    
Renews my Innards just thinking about it !  Smiley

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #67 - 08/03/14 at 05:15:25

The guy with the big white gas tank had the young wife.  

He was also the one who had no front brake pads left on his bike at all (had been riding like that a while).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #68 - 08/03/14 at 05:26:16

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/03/14 at 05:15:25:
The guy with the big white gas tank had the young wife.  

He was also the one who had no front brake pads left on his bike at all (had been riding like that a while).

I think he's also the one that brought the venison steaks wrapped in bacon
AL

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #69 - 08/03/14 at 16:14:14

Couple of thunderstorms predicted so far, not too bad since on any given instant we are far far away from home base while the rain is happening.

Tents will be needed though -- getting thunderdumped upon at night un-protected by canvas walls and roof would suck exceedingly exceedingly much.

Forecast also says "trailer up the bike -- you will get rained upon at some point on the return leg of the trip"

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/august-weather/12174_pc

« Last Edit: 08/04/14 at 03:07:11 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #70 - 08/05/14 at 15:38:28

Kent left me a message this morning after I told him we're doing a Dragon run the last weekend of the month.    He's riding a Triumph now , and is itching to get in on a ride.    So Quote:  "Count me in and let me know how much my part of the room is".  
I can do one of two things :  
     1. Call him back and tell him we're tenting .
     2. Call and set a room up.   Then call Kent back .
If four of us got a two person room , ???   You bring a cot anyway ?

We're talking about Friday the 29th check in and Sunday check-out. (two nights).   I'd be reserving the room this time.   I suspect Dave's OK either way .

Smiley   Three cylinder (I think  1994 model ?)

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #71 - 08/05/14 at 15:45:22

I believe Oldfellor called about a room a couple weeks back, and they didn't really have one....but promised him one based on potential cancellations....or something like that.

I really don't care where we sleep....I just wanted the flexibility to not show up if the weather was crappy.  When you commit to a room - you can't just postpone the trip a week without it costing a bunch.

I got wet enough on the first trip this year, and I don't want to repeat it.  A few times I was in the "survival mode", as my helmet was fogging up, my smoke visor was the wrong thing to have in the fog and rain, and my bike throws all kinds of water at me when I ride in the wet.

The weather forecast keeps improving....before you know it they will have it upgraded to "sunny" for the entire trip!

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #72 - 08/05/14 at 19:01:37

I'm good either way.

If MM can get a us all a 3 man room I'll kill the Blue Ridge for Weds Thurs, or if he can't I will do whatever is appropriate according to what he can get.

Dragon cancellations happen .... yes they do.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #73 - 08/05/14 at 20:43:25

I was talking about the 29th and 30th , friday and saturday , nothing else ...

If the Dragon Inn is full ... its on to price line and the surrounding area if thats OK with you two .?

Huh

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #74 - 08/05/14 at 21:28:41

Good for me & the chimpanzee "any which way you can" -- you jest roll the deal to suit you, Kent and Dave.

I will be in the Mountains starting Wednesday and will have a cabin (with a spare bed going begging) for Weds & Thurs night until such time you guys make some other arrangements such that I should drop a night.

YEEEEHAW !!!!  

(gotta miss 'ol Lancer and Toymaker jest a little bit)

Cheesy

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/22/24 at 03:28:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dragon Ride No. 2......Planning Thread

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.