Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
The fiasco that is Iraq... (Read 389 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: The fiasco that is Iraq...
Reply #15 - 06/14/14 at 15:28:36

thumperclone wrote on 06/14/14 at 13:33:44:
Afghanistan will end up the same

It will,.. but it didn't have that much going for it, to start with...

Iraq,.. was quite progressive...for an Arabic country...
More infrastructure, better education, hospitals, roads, arts and culture, etc...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 06/14/14 at 18:18:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/14/14 at 08:00:02:
North Country Girl wrote on 06/13/14 at 20:58:41:
“Can't wait for Sew's inevitable blame Bush comments. They're coming.”

Bush’s fault?? Why no Mr. Mark, everyone knows that everything is clearly Obama's fault, (and Clinton’s too!) Those two guys have caused the entire universe to collapse.

Now that we agree Mr. Mark, you may rest well knowing that the Bush/Cheney administration along with God, Guts, and Guns have made America the greatest and most sh!t-kicking country God has ever founded!..... Yee Haw!!

You so cleverly managed to avoid all my posts where I eviscerate Bush.. Again, Saddam was OUR guy, we put him in. He only became a "Brutal dictator" in need of invasion after he threatened to stop selling oil for dollars & wanted Euros. Then, WE told him there would be no response should he feel the need to go into Kuwait,, that was a set up.,,

"POlicing" the world my eye.. We are the ones providing material support for "rebels" around the world.. Its not dems or bubs, its both of them, Owned & operated by the same $$$ powers that want war. They profit from AND theyre consolidating power.

Who here isnt amazed that that eeevil Taliban, who had managed to drive the poppy crops to record lows, are now faced with a country growing now RECORD crops of poppies? How is it that America, ( You know, Drug War America) with planes & toxic crap to dump on fields, would allow such?
ALLOW? Bull CRAP allow,, WE are involved in the drug trade. We have banks making millions & millions of dollars laundering the drug $$$. Look that UP,, its not a secret. & no one goes to jail.WE had no reason to be in A/stan, Well,, except the drugs, OUR troops are guarding the fields.
Why do you think Pat Tillman was killed? He gave up a lucrative career in the NFL to go fight for his country. He got there & realized it was a con game & was about to come home. He had made it very clear that he intended to speak out when he got home. HE, Pat Tillman, Mr "so Big on America" that he walked away from a multi million dollar contract to go fight for his country,, HE could GET the coverage., He wasnt some schmuck nobody knew or cared to listen to, he was Pat Tillman,, & if he came home & started telling what he saw, the People would want nothing more to do with that "war"..SO, he was murdered.
Coroner said so
Look that up.

Yeah, I was sure happy to see W hit the road.  I didn't think it could get much worse; although, I stand corrected.  He campaigned on trans parity, ending the wars, closing gitmo, and hope & change.  Not only did none of this happen he out-bushed bush.  Wars are still transpiring, extended and prepared new legislation to erode liberties, banks are getting 85 B a month to keep the economy at a malignant standstill, 48 M on the welfare dolls, ACA, national debt at 17 T+, and numerous scandals.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 06/14/14 at 19:30:26

Yea, but he's getting pretty good at golf. I just read (I'd like to confirm) he's back at it this weekend, some outing in California. Hell, only costing us. Couple million for him to tee it up.

FORE!...  

Actually, now that I think about it, given how f'd up his administration is, he should yell FORE before every speech so we know to duck cause you know someone's gonna get smacked upside the head with another new "change" of his....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 06/14/14 at 21:19:39

raydawg wrote on 06/14/14 at 08:14:10:
You so cleverly

Gee JOG, I can't recall you ever being so generous before.......

Maybe it's because _______, or perhaps ________, ya think partner, yee haw  Grin

Yea,, well,, see what it got me? Not a reply.. She WANTS to believe that those who criticize Bammy LOVE Bush,, She ( & actually most people) is intellectually dishonest & believes everyone else is. Its called Projection,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 06/14/14 at 23:35:57

It's easy to take comments meant for the general audience here, as personal...
I'm often misinterpreted as attacking someone, when I'm just commenting generally on the topic...

Unless you are called out by name... it's best to assume that it's not personal...
Wink...

Peace,... (G'dammt!)... Grin...
...(this may become my new sign-off)... (just,"Peace", ain't workin')...

Peace,... (G'dammt!)...
Serow

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 06/15/14 at 07:39:17

Serowbot wrote on 06/14/14 at 23:35:57:
It's easy to take comments meant for the general audience here, as personal...
I'm often misinterpreted as attacking someone, when I'm just commenting generally on the topic...

Unless you are called out by name... it's best to assume that it's not personal...
Wink...

Peace,... (G'dammt!)... Grin...
...(this may become my new sign-off)... (just,"Peace", ain't workin')...

Peace,... (G'dammt!)...
Serow

Here sugar, use this tag: PEACE, don't make me hurt you

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #21 - 06/16/14 at 00:59:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/13/14 at 10:51:24:
Sometimes people should leave well enough alone..
Remember, Saddam was our guy,, we put him in,
It was only when he started talking about selling oil for Euros that he became a "brutal dictator",, & was smeared in the media in order to manufacture consent for war,,

manufactured consent

look it up

A-MEN !

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #22 - 06/16/14 at 01:17:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/13/14 at 11:54:24:
Thats "revisionist" Shorty.. He Asked US how we would react if he did that. We Told him we wouldnt get involved,, Spend some time, look that up. OUr Sec/state told him their affairs over there were not our business.

Absolutely correct (unfortunately...)

Here, guys, read some HISTORY (and stop thinking "history" is what the newspapers tell you)

This map shows the British advance into "Mesopotamia", a Province of the Ottoman Empire, in WW1
(yes, the one you guys think was only fought in the Ardennes..  Tongue)

Can you find Kuwait ? No ? Maybe because there wasn't one in the first place ?

Here, maybe these maps will shed some more light...

(sorry, I know it's oversized...)

This is what the "Sublime Gate to the East", the Ottoman Empire looked like when the 13 Colonies were fighting the French and Indian War (7 Years' War in Europe) up until your Civil War.
The Ottoman Empire was at peace with the world and busy looking busy against the Pirates who lived in what are now the United Arab Emirates.

Can you see Kuwait ? No ? Kuwait City ? Of course not !!!
It was all marshland and swamps until a bearded sleazy bedouin sided with Lawrence of Arabia, helped him (and the Brits) in the fight against the Turks, and got a piece of wasteland as his own "Kingdom"...

...in absolutely worthless marshland... except they didn't know there was oil underground !
Oh, and... by the way... what right did the Brits have to cut up those lands, anyway ?

So... from a purely historical perspective... Saddam's claims for Kuwait in 1990 were actually rather correct...
Too bad he hadn't made those claims in 1980, maybe he would have got a better deal  Lips Sealed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 06/16/14 at 08:29:44

That's all well and good, but doesn't mean a darn thing right now.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 06/16/14 at 08:49:02

The latest is that Iran is willing to lend assistance to the Shiite Iraqi PM Malaki to fend off the insurgence...

I wasn't expecting that... This could be a good thing, for the whole region...
I think... Undecided...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 06/16/14 at 10:15:17

Nations help other nations as long as it's in their own best interest. We stick our noses in the middle east in order to secure our supply of oil and to make the region safer for Israel. If it wasn't for those two things, we would treat the Middle East the way we treat central Africa. Which is to say we would feel bad about it, have a few concerts, maybe send a few Hollywood stars over there for a couple of months, but that's about it.

The question is why would Iran stick their nose in the middle of this. It could be they are genuinely afraid of this radical terrorist group. It could also be they want Iraq to owe them a favor. It could also be they are looking for an excuse to get troops and equipment into Iraq.

Regardless, this is going to be an interesting month or two.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #26 - 06/16/14 at 11:11:59

Quote:
The question is why would Iran stick their nose in the middle of this.

This is to a pretty large degree a sectarian, religious conflict. Iran, and the current Iraqi government are Shia. The insurgents are Sunni. Iran does not want another Sunni Iraq like the one under Hussiein. They already fought that war once, back in the 1980s. Until the cease fire in 1988( I think) both sides took a hell of a beating, with Iran getting the worst of it.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 06/16/14 at 11:38:11

Oh cr@p... I thought the Sunni were the fundamentalist nuts...
I get them mixed up...
Maybe they are both nutty...

Religion is evil...

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #28 - 06/16/14 at 11:57:50

Serobot wrote:

Quote:
Maybe they are both nutty...

BINGO!

The actual doctrinal differences between the to sects are about of the same magnitude as the differences between Lutherans and Episcopalians.

Of course Lutherans and Episcopalians don't slaughter and behead one another because they disagree. But ,you know, Islam; the religion of peace.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 06/16/14 at 13:26:21

Of course Lutherans and Episcopalians don't slaughter and behead one another because they disagree. But ,you know, Islam; the religion of peace.

Touchdown!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:20:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The fiasco that is Iraq...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.