Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
The fiasco that is Iraq... (Read 389 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
The fiasco that is Iraq...
06/13/14 at 09:17:15

I think we all saw this coming 12 years ago, when we first set out to remove Saddam from power...
The fact is,.. such a fractured country requires an iron handed leader...
Saddam,.. (not the nicest guy in the world)... did keep it in check...
Baghdad was a beautiful city, with safe streets... women weren't required to wear coverings, and were allowed to drive, work, go to college, etc...

It wasn't perfect... but, I think it was as good as it gets...
Better than now...
If we want to fix it,... we need to find a new Saddam...
No solution is perfect...

Maybe we should put WD in charge...  Wink...
Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: The fiasco that is Iraq...
Reply #1 - 06/13/14 at 10:51:24

Sometimes people should leave well enough alone..
Remember, Saddam was our guy,, we put him in,
It was only when he started talking about selling oil for Euros that he became a "brutal dictator",, & was smeared in the media in order to manufacture consent for war,,

manufactured consent

look it up

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/13/14 at 11:09:04

Aw.....I think that's a bit of revisionist history.... But no matter at this point.
Hopey-change is gonna either partner up with Iran or leave them to slow down this Isis train.

Either way, it's disgraceful.

Can't wait for Sew's inevitable blame Bush comments. They're coming.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 06/13/14 at 11:12:48

Alright,.. it's all Bush's fault...

Who else you gonna' blame?... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 06/13/14 at 11:23:24

Obama for "napping" Cheesy

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #5 - 06/13/14 at 11:46:19

by no means am I defending going into Iraq..
If he hadn't rolled tanks and troops into Kuwait we might not have gotten involved..

interestingly Saddam thought we had no interest in his invasion, after all we loved him when he was beating on Iran  Lips Sealed

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 06/13/14 at 11:54:24

Thats "revisionist" Shorty.. He Asked US how we would react if he did that. We Told him we wouldnt get involved,, Spend some time, look that up. OUr Sec/state told him their affairs over there were not our business.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 06/13/14 at 11:58:08

Could make for an interesting 2016 election. What party is gonna jump up and holler for the USA to go back in.

Not the Dems.. not their style (or wasn't)
The Pugs...except... them dern Tea-baggers ( wink wink)
Yep, leave it to the right most of the right most to actually see eye-to-eye with the dems on this point. (actually its not the Tea party, but the Libertarians) But we all get lumped in just the same

So with Cantor being stomped by a Tea Party and with my own state looking to dump Barbours boy Thad for another Tea party .. the GOP is in a quandary... they cant push for war without upsetting both of other extremes!  Whats the MIC do to???

Quick sell your shares of McDonnell/Douglas and Lockheed!!!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/13/14 at 12:18:38

Serowbot wrote on 06/13/14 at 11:12:48:
Alright,.. it's all Bush's fault...

Who else you gonna' blame?... Grin...

Hey, Nixon gets the rap for Vietnam when it was all Kennedy and LBJ. Hopey needs to man up......oh wait.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 06/13/14 at 16:06:55

I really don't think ANYBODY can change the outcome in the middle-east....
It will end ugly, period.

One way to diffuse it would be if a new sustainable energy source is found and utilized.
The area would most likely suffer greatly economically, along with the ability to buy weaponry, perhaps  Huh

I am not sure if the USA could ever put together a coalition of its citizens like we saw in WWl & WWll.  

I do know the USA spends a lot on policing the world, which I thought the UN was suppose to really do..... and it does not really seem the answer for us.

I wonder if a "private" force, hired by the in power government(s), of these countries, might be a better avenue......

Boy howdy, that sounds so Armageddon, eh   Undecided

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #10 - 06/13/14 at 20:58:41

“Can't wait for Sew's inevitable blame Bush comments. They're coming.”

Bush’s fault?? Why no Mr. Mark, everyone knows that everything is clearly Obama's fault, (and Clinton’s too!) Those two guys have caused the entire universe to collapse.

Now that we agree Mr. Mark, you may rest well knowing that the Bush/Cheney administration along with God, Guts, and Guns have made America the greatest and most sh!t-kicking country God has ever founded!..... Yee Haw!!

North Country Girl   IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #11 - 06/14/14 at 05:48:56

please state examples like everyone else, otherwise there is no discussion

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 06/14/14 at 08:00:02

North Country Girl wrote on 06/13/14 at 20:58:41:
“Can't wait for Sew's inevitable blame Bush comments. They're coming.”

Bush’s fault?? Why no Mr. Mark, everyone knows that everything is clearly Obama's fault, (and Clinton’s too!) Those two guys have caused the entire universe to collapse.

Now that we agree Mr. Mark, you may rest well knowing that the Bush/Cheney administration along with God, Guts, and Guns have made America the greatest and most sh!t-kicking country God has ever founded!..... Yee Haw!!

You so cleverly managed to avoid all my posts where I eviscerate Bush.. Again, Saddam was OUR guy, we put him in. He only became a "Brutal dictator" in need of invasion after he threatened to stop selling oil for dollars & wanted Euros. Then, WE told him there would be no response should he feel the need to go into Kuwait,, that was a set up.,,

"POlicing" the world my eye.. We are the ones providing material support for "rebels" around the world.. Its not dems or bubs, its both of them, Owned & operated by the same $$$ powers that want war. They profit from AND theyre consolidating power.

Who here isnt amazed that that eeevil Taliban, who had managed to drive the poppy crops to record lows, are now faced with a country growing now RECORD crops of poppies? How is it that America, ( You know, Drug War America) with planes & toxic crap to dump on fields, would allow such?
ALLOW? Bull CRAP allow,, WE are involved in the drug trade. We have banks making millions & millions of dollars laundering the drug $$$. Look that UP,, its not a secret. & no one goes to jail.WE had no reason to be in A/stan, Well,, except the drugs, OUR troops are guarding the fields.
Why do you think Pat Tillman was killed? He gave up a lucrative career in the NFL to go fight for his country. He got there & realized it was a con game & was about to come home. He had made it very clear that he intended to speak out when he got home. HE, Pat Tillman, Mr "so Big on America" that he walked away from a multi million dollar contract to go fight for his country,, HE could GET the coverage., He wasnt some schmuck nobody knew or cared to listen to, he was Pat Tillman,, & if he came home & started telling what he saw, the People would want nothing more to do with that "war"..SO, he was murdered.
Coroner said so
Look that up.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 06/14/14 at 08:14:10

You so cleverly

Gee JOG, I can't recall you ever being so generous before.......

Maybe it's because _______, or perhaps ________, ya think partner, yee haw  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #14 - 06/14/14 at 13:33:44

Afghanistan will end up the same

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 00:26:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The fiasco that is Iraq...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.