Pines Random post (Read 65 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Pines Random post
06/10/14 at 07:25:09

Been reading the posts...but not much for me to comment on. So I'll make up something.

I have been using my home computer to "fold proteins". So when I can find out about proteins.. I read up on it. BTW if you want to put your PC to work:

http://folding.stanford.edu/

SO I was watching COSMOS and a scientists suggests that proteins are not like tiny machines that replicate "perfectly". Instead there is a built randomness to their work. His theory is that by introducing randomness, they insure the survivabilty of the overall "structure/cell/animal" because no one attacker (virus) can wipe them all out because they are DIFFERENT.

When yall talk about Repub and Dems.. and idealogy and such .. remember that some of us dont fit.. we ascribe to a DIFFERENT point of view. lets take abortion

Conservative ( Rep) view its bad, dont kill babies: we need a law

Liberal( Dem) a woman has a right to her body: we have a law

Libertarian: regardless of it being right or wrong.. the question is: should the federal Government be making a law? OR is the power to make that law lie with the states.. closer to the people. Then we could have some with one law and others with another. Regardless the organism (the country) is stronger for the DIFFERENCE.

I am wearing my fire resistance underwear today.  Cool

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Pines Random post
Reply #1 - 06/10/14 at 07:29:07

Pine wrote on 06/10/14 at 07:25:09:
I am wearing my fire resistance underwear today.  Cool

Smart move... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 06/10/14 at 07:43:37

I mean, really ..... why screw around with it by half measures?

Just go start yourself an oil war.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 06/10/14 at 08:51:53

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/10/14 at 07:43:37:

YOU just need to fire up a LINUX box with a nice nVida Titan and and show the rest of us how folding works!  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/10/14 at 10:30:43

Yes differences make us stronger. This is why the Christian church for example has so many different denominations. I say "denominational differences are the defenders of the truth". Collectively, denominations have all the truth spread between. No one denomination should dominate the others. If that happened,  truth would get lost like it did when Roman Catholics dominated the world. In the western world anyway.

The analogy to politics is the same. Conservatives and liberals have the truth spread between. As a conservative I am strongly against liberal ideology however, I'm smart enough to know that I don't know everything. (insert Donald Rumsfeld's famous saying here). The constant back-and-forth fight between conservative and liberal ideology is what keeps our nation together.  Conservatives need liberals just the same as liberals need conservatives.

What should happen, but doesn't, is individual points of differences should be debated thoroughly and completely. Abortion is a perfect example. Liberals lose if abortion is the debatef on fact, scientifically you might say. So they created the phrases pro-choice, war on women, reproductive rights etc.  this keeps the discussion away from human life.  I'm sure a liberal could point out a conservative point of view where we try to change the language to avoid the real topic at hand.

Good post Pine.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 06/10/14 at 13:19:20

Quote:
Yes differences make us stronger

Yes indeed. Another,simpler, example from biology is the fact that hybrid plants and animals(think mixed breed dogs vs. pure breeds) are almost always more disease resistant and hardier than pure strains.

Unfortunately, in the realm of ideas, the same kind of evolution doesn't always happen. Ego, mythology, ideology and just plain human stubbornness get in the way.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 06/10/14 at 13:43:51

Pine wrote on 06/10/14 at 08:51:53:
YOU just need to fire up a LINUX box with a nice nVida Titan and and show the rest of us how folding works!  Grin

When it's the size of a match box... do you need to fold it?

Folding screens?  How about rolling?

WWW   IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #7 - 06/10/14 at 14:07:42

Pine wrote on 06/10/14 at 07:25:09:
I have been using my home computer to "fold proteins".

Grin Grin Grin Is it bad that I find this hilarious???

No need to get the P-boy in the mail anymore, I guess.  Grin Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #8 - 06/11/14 at 04:42:26

WebsterMark wrote on 06/10/14 at 10:30:43:
Yes differences make us stronger. This is why the Christian church for example has so many different denominations. I say "denominational differences are the defenders of the truth". Collectively, denominations have all the truth spread between. No one denomination should dominate the others. If that happened,  truth would get lost like it did when Roman Catholics dominated the world. In the western world anyway.

The analogy to politics is the same. Conservatives and liberals have the truth spread between. As a conservative I am strongly against liberal ideology however, I'm smart enough to know that I don't know everything. (insert Donald Rumsfeld's famous saying here). The constant back-and-forth fight between conservative and liberal ideology is what keeps our nation together.  Conservatives need liberals just the same as liberals need conservatives.

What should happen, but doesn't, is individual points of differences should be debated thoroughly and completely. Abortion is a perfect example. Liberals lose if abortion is the debatef on fact, scientifically you might say. So they created the phrases pro-choice, war on women, reproductive rights etc.  this keeps the discussion away from human life.  I'm sure a liberal could point out a conservative point of view where we try to change the language to avoid the real topic at hand.

Good post Pine.

Sorry, Webstermark, I fail to understand.

The Christian Church has three major Confessions, that is:
- Roman Catholic,
- Orthodox (national Churches)
- Anglican/Episcopal + Lutheran.

The three above mentioned are "Confessions" because they have and enforce a Priestly Class and Priestly Education is c/o Seminaries.

Enter the Protestant Denominations: in some you need a degree in philosophy, in others all you need is "a Vocation", i.e. a "calling".
Sorry, it's not enough. Good intentions and 8th grade education does not make one a Preacher.

The Good Lord has stopped sending the Holy Spirit to little sheperd boys over well 2000 years ago, and until proven otherwise,
just as you need to attend Law School or School of Medicine to become a Lawyer or a Doctor...
there is the clear  requirement for a Seminary to educate your Priestly class.

Else, you run the risk of finding yourself in the hands of a spekeasy spin doctor running his church in a garage...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Which, incidentally, is using a Masonic symbol illegally... Masonic Knights Templars, equivalent to the 30-32nd Degree Scottish Masons

You can't improvise your own God, nor your own Church.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/11/14 at 04:58:10

Oh Jesus mpes......my point is pretty self explanatory. I have no idea what you are even arguing against....if the Protestants had not been formed by breaking away, the priesthood of the believer concept followed by Protestants would not have emerged. Now, whose right, Catholics or Baptists?  I have an opinion but admit I could be wrong. Take this issue and which separates us and multiple by hundreds and you start to see what I mean. The "Truth" ends up spread across denominations and thus is preserved.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 06/11/14 at 06:30:57

Pesci, it was only after Jesus died that the Holy Spirit was loosed to "every man". & No, one need not be taught how to preach, If teaching created good preachers, the world would be a far better place. MEN are teaching men,, & who is to say those teachers are "Right", in the spiritual sense? For example, our schools are filled with teachers who have been taught to teach. Note the result,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #11 - 06/11/14 at 07:43:39

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 06/10/14 at 07:43:37:

HEHEHE

Looks like you were right... can't even get a spark for the flames on abortion.. only in TT

ah well, so whos using DINO???
Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #12 - 06/11/14 at 11:59:21

Those fireproof drawers, are they the ones with the cute little flap??? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 10:39:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Pines Random post

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.