IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Cantor out of congress
Reply #1 - 06/10/14 at 18:58:26

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — House Majority Leader Eric Cantor lost in his Republican primary election Tuesday to a little-known economics professor, a stunning upset for the GOP's No. 2 in the House and a major victory for the tea party.

Hehe.. this is getting good. Dern corrupt GOP, should not have attempted to ram Mitt down our throats.   Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 06/10/14 at 19:53:42

Love it, its a start!

The "tea party" never was a party to begin with.
It was common folk of all stripes who were mad as hell and wanted change.
It was co-opted by right and demagogue by the left, as both sides saw the writing on the wall and tried to change the script  

Let this just be the beginning of a major purge of political hacks and operatives.....

Viva la folk!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 06/10/14 at 20:01:41

tp is the best thing to happened to the gop
splinters!! Wink

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #4 - 06/10/14 at 20:04:12

raydawg wrote on 06/10/14 at 19:53:42:
Love it, its a start!

The "tea party" never was a party to begin with.
It was common folk of all stripes who were mad as hell and wanted change.
It was co-opted by right and demagogue by the left, as both sides saw the writing on the wall and tried to change the script  

Let this just be the beginning of a major purge of political hacks and operatives.....

Viva la folk!

+1  Smiley

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 06/10/14 at 23:05:45

Yippee!.... maybe...
I don't even know...
I guess Cantor wasn't Right enough... Undecided...

You'll have to use Kentucky windage to see it... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #6 - 06/11/14 at 04:24:06

He supported amnesty- albeit limited amnesty - for illegals, in a district where that was hugely unpopular. Like a lot of the GOP establishment, even very conservative members, he convinced himself that some sort of accommodation to the perceived rising political power of Hispanics was the only way to stay viable in national politics. Folks in his district basically saw him as a sell-out; on his way to becoming a RINO. Don't forget that this is a seat in the House of Representatives. Which is still really local politics. What you are in Washington doesn't always make the folks back home happy.

The guy that beat him will most likely win the seat. In the numbers game nothing is going to change in DC.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/11/14 at 04:50:44

I don't know how anyone can say nothing will change or elections don't matter. We got stuck with Hopey for another 4 years because Romney wasn't conservative enough (that was the impression anyway) and a bunch of voters stayed home. Now we have this jacka$$ running around passing decrees like he's Ceasar. You think elections don't matter? Now that he's done empowering the EPA, guns are his next target. He'll try an end run around current law, just wait. Immigration? Yea right.... There's very little border now, wait. A few more weeks....

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 06/11/14 at 05:09:10

Quote:
I don't know how anyone can say nothing will change or elections don't matter.

Web,
I'm not sure if that was a response to my post. If so, you misunderstood what I said. I said the the numbers in the house are not going to change.

I said nothing about whether or not elections matter. I think they matter a great deal. I think Cantor lost because he was perceived, rightly or wrongly, as having become too much of a Washington insider. and the folks in his district no longer believed he represented their views. I think booting an incumbent out is a good thing. The culture in Washington sooner of later corrupts almost everyone. Unfortunately it is unusual for someone like Cantor to get the boot. Most of the time the incumbents get sent back over and over. And the longer they stay in that asylum the worse they get, regardless of their party.

That's why I'm a supporter of term limits.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/11/14 at 05:20:49

My apologies slow. I was ranting based on what I hear others say all the time and I projected that on your post. My bad.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 06/11/14 at 05:37:28

Once upon a time our state guys were appointed and answerable to the people.. They could be recalled & fired in a day.. we need to go back to that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #11 - 06/11/14 at 05:59:08

One of the paradoxes of our system. If you believe the polls, almost everyone hates congress. But those same people for some reason keep reelecting THEIR congresscritter.

What happened to Cantor really is out of the ordinary.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 06/11/14 at 06:26:54

Especially when ya take into account the dollars spent on the campaign. Cantor spent millions,,the winner just a coupla hundred thou..
The People really are waking up.. We CAN get DC to listen & we CAN change America back to what it was. Thats why I dont believe it was any real Tea Party connection in the shooting.. No NEED for such,, its only a loss..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #13 - 06/11/14 at 06:38:43

WebsterMark wrote on 06/11/14 at 04:50:44:
I don't know how anyone can say nothing will change or elections don't matter. We got stuck with Hopey for another 4 years because Romney wasn't conservative enough (that was the impression anyway) and a bunch of voters stayed home. Now we have this jacka$$ running around passing decrees like he's Ceasar. You think elections don't matter? Now that he's done empowering the EPA, guns are his next target. He'll try an end run around current law, just wait. Immigration? Yea right.... There's very little border now, wait. A few more weeks....

Romney's elitism did him in Wink

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #14 - 06/11/14 at 07:39:00

thumperclone wrote on 06/11/14 at 06:38:43:
WebsterMark wrote on 06/11/14 at 04:50:44:

Romney's elitism did him in Wink

Close.. The power brokers made some bad assumptions. They used their position to force Romney onto every nomination in every state, and they burned any and everyone around to make that happen. The plan was to play nice .. AFTER he won and could make amends.

What we are seeing now, are the results of burning the locals. There simply is NO good will left (in some states). Further power-brokers using money to force their candidate..further infuriates the locals. ( ie 5 million spent versus 250k).
The same type thing is happening here... Thad's campaign is outspending Chris's by more than double possible triple. However, external monies have Chris getting the bigger bucks. However, as I see it, the real vote getter is not either campaigns nor external ads... its the locals being pissed off (after being pissed on).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 04:21:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Cantor out of congress

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.