Religion of Peace (Read 151 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Religion of Peace
Reply #15 - 05/29/14 at 06:00:57

HEY!
This is an argument over religion, not evolution.

--Steve

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #16 - 05/29/14 at 23:55:57

Correct.

"That was 2000 years ago" implies the preachings of Jesus are, by someone's standards, absolute hogwash because they're 2000 years old.

OR

Why is it that any and all lew students are made to read Cicero, Seneca, Cato and Aristotle ? Just to waste their time with "2000 y.o. stuff" ?

Man's evolution is measured in "quarter million " and "half million year" intervals; 2000 years means Julius caesar had exactly the same receding hair line we have today, and made his hair grow long from his temples to comb it over his bald head...
...sound familiar ?

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #17 - 05/30/14 at 01:22:37

And anyway... stonig to death, or burning to death, or circumcision, are customs which belong to some peoples, and not others.
They have nothing to do with religion, other than being officialized by priests.
Evidence is how neighboring Peoples with differing religions may still have similar customs.

EXAMPLE : CIRCUMCISION
According to many an anthropologist and archaeologist, the event described in Genesis, where "The Lord" told Abraham to circumcise himself,
does not describe "The Creator" enforcing the Patriarch to slice away a piece of his own body, but
"God on Earth, the Son of the Sun, the Wings of the Hawk, the Dispenser of Justice"
(who already followed such a tradition on his own Royal Family), telling his new Prince vassal to do the same as a sign of dedication and absolute obedience.

To those who didn't understand... circumcision, infibulation and other forms of body mutilation were the surgeries performed on the babies (or adults)
of the Royal Family in Egypt since the Naqada Dinasty, also known as the "00" Dynasty, sometime around 3900 B.C.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is even before the Flood, according to the integralist Creationists out there.

To those who didn't know... Abram did not come out of the City of Ur in lower Sumer, but from the "Land of Ur(artu)", which is modern Kurdistan;
Abram was a Prince of the Mitanni, who lost a war against the Egyptian Pharaoh (Kadesh, anyone ?  Wink )
was offered as "royal hostage", and became governor of an internal Province (Canaan, the Promised Land).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Qadesh
http://ash.byu.edu/publications/books/?bookid=48&chapid= interesting read...
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sitchin/sitchinbooks03_03a.htm only if it's a dull rainy day...  Wink

Please take note that "Ur" meant "city" and it is chock full of city names all ending with, or containint "Ur" or "Ar": Nippur, Izurtu, Urbuni, Arbailu (modern Erbil in Iraq) Shingar, Harran...

Sooo... where does all this lead us ? It leads us to the understanding that popular lore and customs evolve and change much slower than religion will change your view of things.

No modern metropolitan Turk would stone a girl for an incident similar to the one in Pakistan...
...nor will you see Turkish or even Tunisian women dressed in burqas...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #18 - 05/30/14 at 09:47:56

I was not trying to imply 2000 years eliminates culture, just saying Christianity and other religions of the modern world would not promote stoning to death of one's daughter for getting married without permission

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #19 - 06/01/14 at 06:21:46

Hi Shorty.

I beg to differ, but...

"Christianity and other religions of the modern world "

...the last time I looked, Christianity was founded 650 years before Islam.

The only "modern" religions I am aware of are Jehova's Witnesses and Mormons, neither of which are very much thought of in Europe.

In fact, other than Jehova's Witnesses themselves, a religion which enforces Death of children because surgery in hospitals is forbidden,
is considered an extreme for of brain washing and blasphemy to the eyes of the Lord.

Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion, but Italian prisons are known for hosting JW "guests"
who refused surgery to their own children and were convinced "prayer will save them".

It didn't. They died a horrible and painful Death.  Lips Sealed

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 06/01/14 at 08:14:07

Yo scant-fishy,  I got your inference about stoning by Jesus, and you used in correctly, to debunk their claim....

Of course Jesus knew their answer before he asked, I believe, and the question can still be posed to each one of us today, and be just as relevant  Grin

Now here in the state of Washington we have a whole slew of stoners, but that's a different parable  Cool

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #21 - 06/01/14 at 10:07:28

raydawg wrote on 06/01/14 at 08:14:07:
Now here in the state of Washington we have a whole slew of stoners, but that's a different parable  Cool

...LOL  Grin

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #22 - 06/01/14 at 10:11:18

MP-
bad comparison my friend, the JW parents believe prayer will save the child.. no comparison to the deliberate murder (intent to kill) that the Pakistani father did to his own daughter  Huh  I don't know if you don't understand me, or just like debating buddy  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 06:25:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Religion of Peace

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.