Send Topic Print
NEWB needs help! (Read 195 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: NEWB needs help!
Reply #15 - 05/29/14 at 08:45:21

My Savage would just barely run,, give it gas, it would gag & die,, changed the gas,, shazzam,, its a bike again,,
Drain the carb bowl into a glass,, looka whatchya get,,

Drain some gas from the tank on prime, hows the flow?

& Seafoam is the ONly fuel additive I have any faith in, at all,, Its the only one that changed the noises the backhoe was making..Ive seen it have a positive affect on several engines. But shat in jets will need cleaned up,, the stuff is good, it aint magic.. But thats where Id start.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jaydefazio
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Northern KY/Cincinnati OH
Reply #16 - 05/30/14 at 15:10:10

Ok, new Raptor petcock installed, fresh tank of gas, oil change with Rotella T, and she started right up!  Going to take her for a ride and see how it goes.

A couple questions:  Seafoam-- bought it and I see I only need about a tablespoon per gallon of gas, but any specifics for adding it to the fuel? Do I add it to a full tank, empty tank, run the engine prior/after, etc?

Question 2-- justin_o_guy2 mentioned draining the carb bowl. Is that done by uncapping the "puke tube" that I've read about here? And would that be the 3-5 inch of capped hose that hangs under the bike?

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #17 - 05/30/14 at 15:22:13

I don't much about sea foam other than it can result in deadly results. Personally I wouldn't go there.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 05/30/14 at 18:24:46

Look under the bowl,, hopefully theres a small screw,,waay down at the very bottom,,

Ive used Seafoam many times, only to my advantage.
TRactor Supply or Lowes has the best price, auto parts stores want an arm & a leg,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #19 - 05/30/14 at 19:46:07

Fair comment Justin. I am basing my comments from disasters I have seen on Utube. Cant find it on the shelves down my way.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 05/30/14 at 20:59:12

jaydefazio wrote on 05/30/14 at 15:10:10:
A couple questions:  Seafoam-- bought it and I see I only need about a tablespoon per gallon of gas, but any specifics for adding it to the fuel? Do I add it to a full tank, empty tank, run the engine prior/after, etc?

You "mix" it with gas... so add about an ounce to a tankfull of gas.

Quote:
Question 2-- justin_o_guy2 mentioned draining the carb bowl. Is that done by uncapping the "puke tube" that I've read about here? And would that be the 3-5 inch of capped hose that hangs under the bike?

Carb bowl is attached to the carb... that greyist thing behind the engine and under the tank.  On the bottom of the bowl, is a screw visible from one side of the other (IDK cause I have a bolt) loosen it up and gas comes out.

The puke tube is attached to the airbox.  It drains whatever gets puked into the airbox, oil, gas and/or water.  drain that every oil change.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 05/30/14 at 21:03:06

paulmarshall wrote on 05/30/14 at 19:46:07:
Fair comment Justin. I am basing my comments from disasters I have seen on Utube. Cant find it on the shelves down my way.

seafoam is a brand name here, just find a carb cleaner meant to be mixed with gas like injector cleaner.

berryman's makes one that's half the cost of seafoam.
to some it's all snake oil anyway, use if it works for you, just don't expect miracles.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 05/31/14 at 09:34:48

I had an injector knocking on a diesel engine. I tried every brand known to man I think,, maybe I missed Berrymans, but the Seafoam quieted that knock, Its like 13 bucks a PINT at ABC auto,, 7 or8 at Lowes or TRactor supply,,
Mite be more than a pint, maybe its a beers worth,, but its expensive,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:25:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › NEWB needs help!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.