ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: White Spacer mod????
Reply #15 - 05/20/14 at 06:46:29

CHANMAN wrote on 05/20/14 at 06:07:38:
Serowbot wrote on 05/13/14 at 13:38:36:
All very individual things... my bike didn't like the airbox open, it ran better with it closed...

Easy enough to try,.. and put back, if it don't work well...
I tried all kinds of changes before I settled on what worked best for me...

Let us know what you find...
Share the knowledge.. Wink...

The bike is running great!  Cool only thing is I backed out the airmix screw one turn counterclockwise and the bike is still backfiring. should I move it out more? I did the can thing for my muffler, and my exhaust gasket is new. other than that its running great

You may not be able to correct the backfire with the jetting.....it is a big single and when you chop the throttle....they burble, blat and backfire. Trying to jet to eliminate the backfire is a false approach to a good running engine.

You can help to minimize the noise by holding the throttle open just a tad as you shift....don't let it close completely while you clutch and shift gears.  Also when slowing down hold the throttle open just a bit.....not enough to make power - but just enough to allow a little air and fuel into the cylinder.  Using that approach I can ride around and make very little noise......or if I chop the throttle I can burble, pop, crackle and bang with the best of em'!

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
CHANMAN

Sometimes you just
do things

Arkansas
Reply #16 - 05/20/14 at 06:51:36

Thanks Dave. I haven't tuned just to get rid of backfire, but I wanted to lower the amount in the process. It is not as bad as before and the bike is running strong

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #17 - 05/20/14 at 15:51:49

CHANMAN wrote on 05/20/14 at 06:51:36:
Thanks Dave. I haven't tuned just to get rid of backfire, but I wanted to lower the amount in the process. It is not as bad as before and the bike is running strong

I accepted the backfire because the bike ran great. At shutdown I just pull the choke out and the engine just dies with no backfire. If it keeps running you just hit the kill switch.  Small price of inconvenience to pay for a good running bike.  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/18/24 at 16:33:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › White Spacer mod????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.