Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sailor's Street Tracker Build (Read 455 times)
sailorcolin

Building a street
tracker!

Rock Hill, SC
Sailor's Street Tracker Build
04/23/14 at 06:59:28

I just traded my Plated 94 KDX 200a 99 Suzuki Savage (LS650 or S40). After coming from the dirt world with the KDX, I don't believe i can give it up cold turkey. So I am going to build a street tracker with the Savage. Here she is how she sits now.

I dotn plan on a major build like RYCA's street trackers. But more modest and cheaper build; Handlebars, seat, seat frame, tires, fenders and lights. SO here is some of my inspiration:

So give me your suggestions if you so choose to, Ill keep this page updated as much as I can. Thanks for following!

« Last Edit: 04/23/14 at 13:01:37 by sailorcolin »  

99 Savage Street Tracker build.
WWW   IP Logged
sailorcolin

Building a street
tracker!

Rock Hill, SC
Re: Sailor's Street Tracker Build
Reply #1 - 04/23/14 at 07:00:24

Today I removed som crappy spray paint that was on the Muffler. Also can some one identify this muffler for me?

WWW   IP Logged
SavageCat

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Central VA
Reply #2 - 04/23/14 at 07:15:39

Looks like a Jardine slip on that is turned all wonky.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 04/23/14 at 08:34:43

Seat is available. Good steel pan, good foam, needs a cover. 1963 Honda 248cc race bike that gave up the ghost and went to a new home. You'll need to fab a different mounting system for a proper tracker look on a Savage, the factory frame is "goofy". See the Ryca bikes for frame trimming-filling-plating ideas.

Bars and related are going on a 1971 Honda CL100 rigid project since they are 7/8 instead of 1". Look up Hippy Killer Garage's Desert Rose, the CL100 will be a lot like that, but with a hydraulic fork. Something for the grandniece to play with.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #4 - 04/23/14 at 08:41:25

Looks like a good bike to start a project with, best of luck and keep us updated  Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
sailorcolin

Building a street
tracker!

Rock Hill, SC
Reply #5 - 04/23/14 at 11:28:38

BandW_savage.jpg

WWW   IP Logged
sailorcolin

Building a street
tracker!

Rock Hill, SC
Reply #6 - 04/23/14 at 11:30:48

WD wrote on 04/23/14 at 08:34:43:
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y490/mphsgal/LISA-HP/Photos/Tennessee/Tra...

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y490/mphsgal/LISA-HP/Photos/Tennessee/Tra...

Seat is available. Good steel pan, good foam, needs a cover. 1963 Honda 248cc race bike that gave up the ghost and went to a new home. You'll need to fab a different mounting system for a proper tracker look on a Savage, the factory frame is "goofy". See the Ryca bikes for frame trimming-filling-plating ideas.

Bars and related are going on a 1971 Honda CL100 rigid project since they are 7/8 instead of 1". Look up Hippy Killer Garage's Desert Rose, the CL100 will be a lot like that, but with a hydraulic fork. Something for the grandniece to play with.

What do you mean that seat is available? Are you willing to sell give me that seat pictured in picture!?  Huh

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #7 - 04/23/14 at 22:57:23

If you want to make a cover, you can have the thick steel seat pan and the foam. You'll need to get really creative mounting it, it's long and narrow. Very Schwinn-esque shape, but 3x as heavy. I might even have some matte black marine grade vinyl I could spare.

It is going to smell like tobacco smoke, ask Lancer, Verslagen or MMRanch... I smoke like a broken forge...  Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 04/24/14 at 04:40:53

WD wrote on 04/23/14 at 22:57:23:
If you want to make a cover, you can have the thick steel seat pan and the foam. You'll need to get really creative mounting it, it's long and narrow. Very Schwinn-esque shape, but 3x as heavy. I might even have some matte black marine grade vinyl I could spare.

It is going to smell like tobacco smoke, ask Lancer, Verslagen or MMRanch... I smoke like a broken forge...  Grin

Naa, your not broken dude...a bit cracked for sure, but not broken yet.   Grin   Cool

IP Logged
sailorcolin

Building a street
tracker!

Rock Hill, SC
Reply #9 - 04/24/14 at 06:43:18

May of found a seat? not sure never seen a FTR 223 in person. http://japan.webike.net/HONDA/FTR223/Seats+%26+Accessories/154/1101/mc/

WWW   IP Logged
sailorcolin

Building a street
tracker!

Rock Hill, SC
Reply #10 - 04/25/14 at 06:39:16

Got some new handle bars today. They are flipable for when Im ready to do that. As of now I feel more in control than ever. Sorry to you old school guys but those high bars are just too impracticable for me coming from a dual sport background.

Wrl9tkL.jpg

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #11 - 04/25/14 at 07:26:23

FL or FX Wide Glide? Both of mine run FL police bars, one with 2" riser extensions, one in 6" dogbone risers (with the stock riser set under them).

Ran my 98 for several years with 13.5 inch rise apehangers, then 15" rise apehangers after my stepson wrecked the bike. Actually prefer apehangers, but, the shoulder I destroyed in 2008 can't handle them anymore.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
sailorcolin

Building a street
tracker!

Rock Hill, SC
Reply #12 - 04/25/14 at 09:13:36

WD wrote on 04/25/14 at 07:26:23:
FL or FX Wide Glide? Both of mine run FL police bars, one with 2" riser extensions, one in 6" dogbone risers (with the stock riser set under them).

Ran my 98 for several years with 13.5 inch rise apehangers, then 15" rise apehangers after my stepson wrecked the bike. Actually prefer apehangers, but, the shoulder I destroyed in 2008 can't handle them anymore.

They came off of a Harley Dyna

WWW   IP Logged
sailorcolin

Building a street
tracker!

Rock Hill, SC
Reply #13 - 05/05/14 at 19:14:07

Its begun! So this afternoon (afterwork) was spent removing non-neccessary parts. and mocking the location of the seat.

K0DbxpB.jpg

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #14 - 05/05/14 at 20:29:28

Okay, youve got a good idea, I jusy cant imagine tackling it when its Riding Season,.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/06/24 at 07:11:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Sailor's Street Tracker Build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.