Send Topic Print
White Spacer mod???? (Read 247 times)
CHANMAN

Sometimes you just
do things

Arkansas
White Spacer mod????
05/13/14 at 12:36:25

What is the purpose??? I have the 150 main and 55 pilot put in that I received in the lancer jetset. Lancer sent me 3 little washers that when stacked add to about 2/3 the thickness of the stock spacer on the needle jet. Do I just those or do I have to use a plastic #4 spacer? What will this mod do??

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: White Spacer mod????
Reply #1 - 05/13/14 at 12:43:47

It richens the midrange needle jet...

#55 pilot may be a tad large based on the #150 main...
Dropping a step or two to a #52.5 or a #50 will help mpg's... if your mileage is overly affected...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
CHANMAN

Sometimes you just
do things

Arkansas
Reply #2 - 05/13/14 at 12:48:37

I did the #55 pilot because where I live I am around 1300 ft above sea level here in nw arkansas. I read on the 4 things all owners should know thread that I need to change to a 55 pilot
Huh

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 05/13/14 at 12:54:33

Embarrassed... Oh,.. you went by my advice... Grin...

I may need to change that...
Since Dave did his 02 sensor work,.. I've come to believe we are generally going a bit rich on the pilot in general...

I'm sure it will run fine... but, if you find your mpg's suffering too much, a drop on the pilot will help...
Sorry for the confusion... and imperfect advice... Undecided...

IP Logged
CHANMAN

Sometimes you just
do things

Arkansas
Reply #4 - 05/13/14 at 13:08:59

its no problem! Grin The bike has a harley sportser exhaust, and I want to put a k&n drop in in the airbox. I had a question about the door to the side. Can I leave the door off and put the metal cover back on to let more air in and that be fine with the rejetting?

Should I stick with that #55 pilot or should I go back down?

And should I do the spacer mod?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 05/13/14 at 13:38:36

All very individual things... my bike didn't like the airbox open, it ran better with it closed...

Easy enough to try,.. and put back, if it don't work well...
I tried all kinds of changes before I settled on what worked best for me...

Let us know what you find...
Share the knowledge.. Wink...

IP Logged
CHANMAN

Sometimes you just
do things

Arkansas
Reply #6 - 05/13/14 at 13:40:43

Will do! I should have it done by the end of the week. Waiting on my versy it didnt come in today like it was supposed to. What pilot are you running in your carb?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 05/13/14 at 16:05:00

I have a #150/#50 w/2/3 thickness spacer... I'm a 2600ft and often ride above 4k elevation... very dry here...
I have a k/n slip-in, Harley shorty, and ported exhaust hole...plus a Versy adjuster...
33k miles on the 97' bike... she runs much better than new...
Wink...
PS... I made some jetting corrections to my "4 things" thread... thanks ...

IP Logged
doh13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NS CANADA
Reply #8 - 05/13/14 at 20:26:23

Don't mean to hijack the thread but i think my questions will help both of us. I bought a savage  that came with a supertrapp exhaust that was fully open (no baffle plates on the end) and it looks like the stock carb was running lean as the pipe is awful blue.  I am in the process of cleaning the carb/tank and wondering as well should I use a couple #4 washers like these http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281282845145?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1...  in place of the stock spacer?  Also  should i use your jetting suggestions of (At or near sea-level... Swap to a #150 main jet, and a #52.5 pilot..) for the supertrapp with a stock filter or can i get by with stock carb jets and just turn the idle air screw out? (it was at 1.5 turns out for the stock setting).   I am at sea level and i also have 8 of the baffle plates that go on the end of the supertrapp and i read you can mimic the stock muffler back pressure with a certain amount installed i Don't need tonnes of power at the moment i just want it to run smoothly and not too lean.

IP Logged
CHANMAN

Sometimes you just
do things

Arkansas
Reply #9 - 05/14/14 at 11:02:34

Serowbot wrote on 05/13/14 at 12:43:47:
It richens the midrange needle jet...

#55 pilot may be a tad large based on the #150 main...
Dropping a step or two to a #52.5 or a #50 will help mpg's... if your mileage is overly affected...

I put in the #52.5 for my pilot Cool it took me about an hour to get the carb back in the bike. My dad said you need two people to do it, but I said no a few bad words and a big slice in my thumb puts it in. Feels like I won the powerball after it went back in. Grin I did the white spacer I had to shave down one fromthe store. We dont have an ace just lowes and home depot.

For the future any advice on removing/reinstalling the stupid carb without it begin so difficult?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 05/14/14 at 11:25:55

When I work on a carb and need to get to the slide or remove the whole carb....I remove the seat, tank, and battery box.....then the carb is easy to remove and install.  Taking those parts off only takes about 5 minutes when you have done it a few times.  While the carb is out I replace the phillips screws with ones that accept allen wrenches.  Then I can do jet changes easily as the float bowl screws can be dropped out with everthing elese in place.....and only when the carb needs to come out do I go through the process of removing the seat, tank and battery box.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 05/14/14 at 11:37:18

Yes, replace the bowl and cap screws with allen head bolts then everything but cleaning can be done w/out removing the carb.

put a towel under the carb so if you drop a screw it won't take a half hour to find.

and if you're having trouble dropping the bowl cause the battery box is in the way... hook a ratcheting tie down around the bat box and tighten it up till it clears.

WWW   IP Logged
CHANMAN

Sometimes you just
do things

Arkansas
Reply #12 - 05/14/14 at 15:47:37

sweet I may do that battery box. Already ahead of you guys on the bolts with allen heads. Verslagen the tensioner is on and ready to roll.  Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 05/15/14 at 05:35:45

verslagen1 wrote on 05/14/14 at 11:37:18:
put a towel under the carb so if you drop a screw it won't take a half hour to find.

Good tip.  I had one screw drop and fall down into the area of the front pulley...since the bike leans that way when on the sidestand.  It took a long time to recover it.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
CHANMAN

Sometimes you just
do things

Arkansas
Reply #14 - 05/20/14 at 06:07:38

Serowbot wrote on 05/13/14 at 13:38:36:
All very individual things... my bike didn't like the airbox open, it ran better with it closed...

Easy enough to try,.. and put back, if it don't work well...
I tried all kinds of changes before I settled on what worked best for me...

Let us know what you find...
Share the knowledge.. Wink...

The bike is running great!  Cool only thing is I backed out the airmix screw one turn counterclockwise and the bike is still backfiring. should I move it out more? I did the can thing for my muffler, and my exhaust gasket is new. other than that its running great

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 01:41:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › White Spacer mod????

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.