Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
$2 Book (Read 58 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
$2 Book
04/01/14 at 17:55:49

I recently went through the book store and bought a book for $2.  It is a paperback version of the Constitution.  I thought this would be some interesting reading and an even more interesting TT topic.  It is all encompassing so I thought I would open up the floor.

The Constitution:

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: $2 Book
Reply #1 - 04/01/14 at 18:27:50

I was having lunch with this guy today in Jonesboro AR who said the constitution for the confederates was based on the us constitution but, other than slavery, corrected some of what he called errors in it. Now, I suppose that's a matter of opinion but can't say I've ever read the constitution for the south and how it compares.

IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #2 - 04/01/14 at 20:38:26

Mr. Mark, in the constitution of the confederacy, there are several deviations from the US constitution mainly concerning slavery and states’ rights. The issue of state's rights has been a hotbed of disagreement for over 150 years.

North Country Girl   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/02/14 at 06:02:02

Yea......that's what I said.

IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #4 - 04/02/14 at 06:57:24

STATE'S RIGHTS has been my rally-call for years, strong centralized govt is a very dangerous thing. Keeping power spread among ALL the states is better for the population.
The Feds hammer any state that tries to take initiative and solve problems on it's own. We as a population of sheep, oops, I mean free people, need to castrate those in DC consolidating power

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #5 - 04/02/14 at 07:00:10

Indeed... states rights and the interpretation that the constitution is, sets the foundation of what the federal can do or conversely limits what the federal government can do.

Never thought about reading the CSA version.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 04/02/14 at 08:51:28

Pay particular attention to the Commerce Clause..
OHH yea,, & DO be on the lookout for that infamous phrase
Seperation of Church & State.
Id like to see that debated here.. both of them,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/02/14 at 10:05:36

commerce clause; that horse has left the barn. Ain't no way they'll ever be a federal judge or Supreme Court justice who's willing to go back and rule they've ignored that for decades. Same with 10th amendment. 90% of federal government would shut down if they did. They'll continue to pull a 'John Roberts Obamacare twisted logic decision' and let it go. Now, perhaps if enough conservative judges were appointed, they'd find a way to stop it from going any further, but sorry, as much as I want us to, we're not going back.

Along those lines, I love it when Walter E. Williams talks about his enumerated powers act.  

"Each Act of Congress shall contain a concise and definite statement of the constitutional authority relied upon for the enactment of each portion of that Act. The failure to comply with this section shall give rise to a point of order in either House of Congress. The availability of this point of order does not affect any other available relief."

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 04/02/14 at 12:46:33

This one's better.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print