Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
accountable care organizations (Read 176 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
accountable care organizations
03/03/14 at 22:03:39

Here is some interesting information from the Obamacare architect.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/03/obamacare-architect-be-prepared-to...

Ezekiel Emanuel, one of the architects behind Obamacare, is now claiming that “insurance companies as we know them are about to die.”

“They will have figured out how to harness their electronic medical records to better identify patients who will become sick and how to intervene early as well as how to care for the well-identified chronically ill so as to reduce costs,” he notes.

“First, they can refuse to change, in which case they will eventually go out of business,” he writes. “Second, they can shift their business to focus on offering services they have expertise in, particularly analytics, actuarial modeling, risk management, and other management services.”  Finally, the “third evolutionary path is that health insurance companies may transform themselves into integrated delivery systems.”

“So be prepared to kiss your insurance company good-bye forever,” Emanuel concludes.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: accountable care organizations
Reply #1 - 03/04/14 at 08:03:20

About time too...
About time HMO's learn to deliver care rather than deny it...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 03/04/14 at 08:15:36

Interesting...

from the chief we have status quo... 'you like your plan, you can keep it' bs

from the writer... they're gonna die, or nothing will be the same.

do these guys talk?  or which one is fulla it?

WWW   IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 03/04/14 at 08:56:33

verslagen1 wrote on 03/04/14 at 08:15:36:
Interesting...

from the chief we have status quo... 'you like your plan, you can keep it' bs

from the writer... they're gonna die, or nothing will be the same.

do these guys talk?  or which one is fulla it?

Nice catch..

When your selling ... one lie is as good as another, if it makes the sell.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 03/04/14 at 13:05:13

The way I see it, these guys are in cahoots with the insurance companies.
They engineered the requirements in excess to what was already provided so they could drop existing contracts.
'oh we don't meet the new requirements so we're going to cancel the contract, oh, btw, we're not going to give you a new contract either, you're too expensive'

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 03/05/14 at 08:42:51

& where are our elected representatives while all this is going on? The PEOPLE know its a giant screw job,, but THEY didnt? REally? Geee,, its almost as IF theyre playin us,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #6 - 03/07/14 at 14:41:24

pg wrote on 03/03/14 at 22:03:39:
....“They will have figured out how to harness their electronic medical records to better identify patients who will become sick and how to intervene early....

What a pleasant sounding way to institute mass-murder  Shocked Shocked Shocked

So, the massive database identifies you as a potential sickie, a "team" comes to the door and offers some "management" techniques and then you are sent to the ovens. Nice...

Oh, but this is America where a politician's word is as good as gold, all federal agencies are just here to help and corruption is something that happens in those other countries. They wouldn't do that!!!

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #7 - 03/10/14 at 07:33:59

Dane Allen wrote on 03/07/14 at 14:41:24:
....“They will have figured out how to harness their electronic medical records to better identify patients who will become sick and how to intervene early....

So, the massive database identifies you as a potential sickie, a "team" comes to the door and offers some "management" techniques and then you are sent to the ovens. Nice...

Oh, but this is America where a politician's word is as good as gold, all federal agencies are just here to help and corruption is something that happens in those other countries. They wouldn't do that!!!

Sadly... I really do see this coming to fruition. To be sure it wont be an "oven". But just today they released results of a study that shows that tracing lipids can determine change of having Alzheimer's with 90% accuracy out to two years. How long before "the system" decides that treating such ill people is too much of a drag on the system.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 03/10/14 at 09:16:48

Maybe there'll be a genetic test for paranoids...  Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #9 - 03/10/14 at 09:51:14

Serowbot wrote on 03/10/14 at 09:16:48:
Maybe there'll be a genetic test for paranoids...  Grin...

Hey, I thought it was considered paranoid only if it did not become true!!  Grin Grin

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #10 - 03/10/14 at 18:52:54

Well, as I just finished yet another sympathy card to a relative's husband, in my late 60's I've come to believe in my  young mans tattoo (which I did not get ..long story) " Born To Die".  I'm listening to Ed Sullivan's Rock and Roll Classics on TV, and updating my High School no longer living list.  Had our 50th H.S. reunion last year which I did not attend as the 8 people I most wanted to talk to (old would be loves etc) had all died.
My AOL front page has the pict of a lovely young lady who was in a coma and miraculously is now alive and well.  Yonuh's step dad contracting lung cancer, which tool my M-I-L a few decades back (treatments are better now).  and now this histrionic worry about death squads for Granny.
I suspect most Grannies would drop the pill in a millisecond rather than suffer for months or years..if they weren't worried about their souls.  But with pick the sperm and IVF 3 parent technology about here, we have a very interesting world - and add in cost control -all brings to mind that old Chinese curse.- May you live in interesting times. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #11 - 03/11/14 at 05:21:56

Pine wrote on 03/10/14 at 07:33:59:
Dane Allen wrote on 03/07/14 at 14:41:24:

Sadly... I really do see this coming to fruition. To be sure it wont be an "oven". But just today they released results of a study that shows that tracing lipids can determine change of having Alzheimer's with 90% accuracy out to two years. How long before "the system" decides that treating such ill people is too much of a drag on the system.

May I hope it'll work the other way 'round.

Considering I have a contract for health insurance for the next 10 or 25 years, IF it turns out I am incubating "something nasty" it's all in the  interest of the HMO to tackle it in advance, rather than sit&wait and "Oh, you're ILL!"

Frmo that point of view, it is like pushing for proper dental hygiene rather than treating kids for tooth decay...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #12 - 03/20/14 at 10:07:06

Funny ya'll should turn the discussion that way...

Ever try getting a new life insurance policy or upgrading one after you have had a bout with stage III cancer?

Yeah...you guessed it, it's not going to happen, there isn't an insurance company in the world that would touch me now.

Hope they come to my door to give me a few life treatment suggestions... I will have to call the wagon to pick up a few young folks that decided to commit suicide after talking to me....  R.E.D.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
North Country Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bangor Maine
Reply #13 - 03/28/14 at 17:24:27

Insurance companies are a racket. If you are not in perfect health you cannot buy a policy, so go and die already. Maybe you can get a high risk policy (junk insurance), but if you are not bankrupt from paying the premiums, you will be when you get sick and they deny the claim.
The “Affordable Care Act” is here to stay. And it’s working.

North Country Girl   IP Logged
shorty
Serious Thumper

be careful out there
gentlemen

southern NM
Reply #14 - 03/31/14 at 20:34:40

ACA is working? where?... insurance companies are only interested in making money, eliminate them and the cost of care will drop..
Forcing us all to buy insurance is only making costs higher...watch

motorcycles have been my main transport since 1974
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/16/24 at 10:34:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › accountable care organizations

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.