Send Topic Print
Front footpegs (Read 206 times)
DaveG
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Front footpegs
03/23/14 at 13:09:44

I must not be using the search function correctly because I am sure this has been discussed before.
2006 S40. My footpegs seem to be turned 90 degrees so that my foot rests on the narrow edge. Is this the way it comes from the factory and if so, how difficult is it to correct? Are there any aftermarket options to give a wider surface to rest your foot on?
I really like the S40. Got it about a year ago. Since then I have gone to an 18"X 2.15" rear aluminum alloy wheel and 19"X 2.15 front aluminum wheel, Also I changed handlebars to a set of Biltwell Moto bars after I cut down the risers to 2". The back of the gas tank is raised a half inch and the front of the seat has had extra padding put in it to eliminate the step and then raised 1 inch with spacers. It also has 11 1/2 shocks. Also I made some plates and raised the front fender 1 1/2 inches. I have not ridden much this year due to cold weather here in Southern Illinois.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Re: Front footpegs
Reply #1 - 03/23/14 at 13:54:18

I swapped mine out with aftermarket sportster pegs, most sag a little but can be modified easily to mount straight.  I went for a traditional round style instead of a wider surface like you are looking for though.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 03/23/14 at 14:35:45

narrow side is supposed to be up

WWW   IP Logged
Super Thumper

2001 LS650 With 97mm
Big Bore Kit, Stage
III Cam.

Windsor, Vermont
Reply #3 - 03/23/14 at 16:48:17

The stock Suzuki Savage pegs look exactly like what you have in the pics and I agree they are turned forward a bit so your foot rests on the training edge. I have seen many such footpeg conversions including bicycle pedals but Harley pegs are a nice fit and look good.

I just bought a warehouse full of Harley parts and have many parts to sell so if anyone is looking for Harley parts let me know what you need and I will send some pics.

FYI...I have about 12 Dyna mufflers!

How about some pics of your bike? I  like the ideas you had for the modifications.

Live To Ride...Ride To Live
WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 03/24/14 at 10:15:05

Footpegs? Yuck... floorboards...

Replica Panhead half moon boards with the brackets welded to the stock peg core ends. Shovelhead rear fender. Dirt track fuel tank. Road King bars, now in old dogbone risers. 7 inch sidemount headlight. Tombstone taillight. "Junk-neric" glasspack and fishtail extension, using a Kawasaki VN800A rear reflector bracket as the fender to pipe bracket. Knucklehead/Panhead/Vincent levers and perches. Suzuki Titan front wheel with an early Honda CB/CL450 twin pivot brake plate. Suzuki VS800 rear shocks...

Stock got boring. It has also had 15 inch rise apehangers in the past...

Current...

Have fun with them, they have ZERO resale/collector value.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 16:29:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front footpegs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.