New bike (Read 139 times)
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
New bike
03/09/14 at 13:33:51

Just took my "new" 2007 out for a Sunday drive through Saguaro Lake Park. Lots of hills and turns. Lots of bikes on the path!

Salt_River_ride.jpg
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: New bike
Reply #1 - 03/09/14 at 17:44:41

Man yeah, your lucky to live in the "Zone."   Smiley

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #2 - 03/09/14 at 21:27:44

pg wrote on 03/09/14 at 17:44:41:

Yeah, until about June when Phoenix turns into a convection oven for 4 months.   Cheesy

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 03/09/14 at 23:50:33

Windy as all getout today down here...
...(my neighbor has a half dozen 80ft palm trees,.. and the fronds all seem to fall onto my roof)...(I spent the day running from back door to front, as I received air attack)...

Nice bike SP... enjoy... Wink...

Ever ride to Globe?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 03/10/14 at 01:33:20

I worked for United Airlines for 21 years. So when I traveled I always had to wear a sport shirt and slacks. I went to visit a friend in Apache Junction one summer and when we landed it was 113 degrees!  It was almost 70 miles from the airport to his home. I thought he was going to pick me up in his car, but he had just bought a 1971 Honda 400 CM motorcycle, so guess what kind of ride I had!  On the way back we stopped at a lake near the Superstition Mts, because I was literally soaked and about to pass out from the heat.  There was s sign near the lakes edge warning swimmers to watch out for rattlesnakes because they were hanging around the edge. I know it's beautiful there, and I am someone that can handle heat and sun well, but wow! What a different world  it is there in the summer!
I plan on riding down to see him sometime this year but Ill ride in the early morning and sometimes at night to escape the heat and hole up in a motel during the day.
By the way, I layed my arm on his handle bar that afternoon and it burnt me bad. I was hopping around like a monkey!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 03/10/14 at 04:02:27

S-P wrote on 03/09/14 at 21:27:44:
pg wrote on 03/09/14 at 17:44:41:

Yeah, until about June when Phoenix turns into a convection oven for 4 months.   Cheesy

Yeah, that's right.  I lived in Phoenix for a year and I remember an overnight low of 98!  I was told the low outside of the city was about 4 degrees cooler.  All that concrete absorbs the heat from the sun all day and it takes all night to cool off.  I'm not sure if that it correct but it is HOT.  Anyways, I got transferred and I've always missed it.   Sad

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #6 - 03/10/14 at 06:40:35

Congratz on the ride!

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #7 - 03/10/14 at 16:11:47

Sweet!
That's it, I'm going for a ride. Seeya.  Cool

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #8 - 03/10/14 at 18:04:30

Serowbot wrote on 03/09/14 at 23:50:33:
Ever ride to Globe?...

Yeah it was windy on the ride, but nice.  I haven't ridden to Globe yet, but I've been there several times by car. I'm thinking Tortilla Flats next weekend.  I drove there with the Wifey a couple weeks ago and a LOT of bikers on the road.  It's a cool twisty ride up through the hills past Canyon Lake which is past Apache Junction (referenced in another reply). The new bike is really nice and runs fine stone stock right now. I'll do some mods here and there as I get some spare cash, but it's not a "project" like my Frankenstein '05/'86 motor has been.  We're pushing 90 degrees this coming weekend, so I want to get some nice rides in before we hit 110.   Cheesy

IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #9 - 03/10/14 at 18:09:10

[quote author=7C6B6D616E7E0C0 link=1394397231/0#5 date=1394449347][quote author=41465744575C4253475E320 link=1394397231/0#2 date=1394425664]pg wrote on 03/09/14 at 17:44:41:
 I lived in Phoenix for a year and I remember an overnight low of 98!  

Yeppers, I've been here since '66 and there have been nights we don't drop under 100 until like 3:00AM.  I work construction and have been outdoors in 115+. But, I've been in "humid" and I'll take 115 and dry any day. You just gotta know how to navigate your liquid intake because your sweat dries so fast you don't realize you are getting dehydrated until it's too late.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 03/11/14 at 06:12:44

The guys on the drilling rigs all thot I was crazy. I wore white painters pants. Of course, they didnt stay white, but they did stay loose on my legs, jeans fit my legs so tight there was no air gap between pants & ME, so, it was like the sun shining on me, Hot,, & I wore a slightly loose fitting long sleeve shirt over a tee shirt. Id wet the tee shirt & leave the other one open a coupla buttons to catch the breeze. Theyd wear just a tee shirt or nothing when the bosses werent watching,,Staying cool in the heat isnt easy, well,, its not possible, but I can stay cooler than the next guy by doin that stuff. Watch Laurence of Arabia,, how do desert dwellers dress? They dont try to go naked,

The hottest, toughest job I ever had was on a drill ship in Mobile Bay.
98/98,, thats temp & humidity. I always thot sandblasting looked kinda fun till I got that hood on for about 2 hours,, Dayumm! Today Id just melt away like the witch in Wizard of Oz..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
S-P
Serious Thumper

Back in the saddle
again

Phoenix, AZ
Reply #11 - 03/11/14 at 21:54:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/11/14 at 06:12:44:
The guys on the drilling rigs all thot I was crazy. ... Watch Laurence of Arabia,, how do desert dwellers dress? They dont try to go naked,

The hottest, toughest job I ever had was on a drill ship in Mobile Bay.
98/98,, thats temp & humidity. I always thot sandblasting looked kinda fun till I got that hood on for about 2 hours,, Dayumm! Today Id just melt away like the witch in Wizard of Oz..

Yeppers, the secret is actually layers in the summer here. The worst job I had was when I was a drywall contractor and spray texturing an office building when we had 126 degrees back in the early 90's.  The building was all glass and like a greenhouse. I was adding over 60 gallons of waterborne texture to the air.  It was probably 150+ and 90% humidity. I could work about ten minutes then would have to go outside to the asphalt parking lot, which was probably 130 easily... I got goosebumps when I stepped outside because it felt like I was walking into a freezer.  I've worked outdoors in 115+ here with 3% humidity.  It's workable if you dress right. No way I could do 98/98.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:31:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › New bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.