Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
In the "well that sucks dept" new CU fee (Read 88 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
In the "well that sucks dept" new CU fee
02/24/14 at 14:00:12

I just went by the Credit Union (CU). I have banked there since I started my job here 15 years ago. Today they have a new sign up:

There will be a $10 fee on withdrawls of more than $1500 from tax refunds.

I asked the teller about it. She said that is what they are charged. This intriuged me... So I pressed. Who charges? The tax people. I told her i pay my accountant $300 to prepare my taxes. He does not charge the bank anything. Well, she says" the banks charge us to get all that money"
I reply well didnt your bank benefit from all the depoits?
No, they dont deposit the money, she says..
Hmm nice trick. how do I make a withdrawl without first making a deposit?
Very put out with me, she asked if I would like to speak with mgt.
Who I say?? Christy. I will give her a call.

ATMs already feed off me as I much prefer cash to just about anything else.  I am very displeased.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Re: In the "well that sucks dept" new CU fee
Reply #1 - 02/24/14 at 14:35:29

Getting a really bad feeling in addition to all those other really bad feelings I have been gettting the last five years... Sad

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #2 - 02/24/14 at 20:37:52

Pine, you should simply tell the government to keep it all, save your self a headache. Grin Grin Grin Grin

I can't wait till the day I'm charged a surcharge for using cash when I buy something, you know it's coming.  BOHICA

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/01/14 at 08:55:04

The day is coming when the goobs take $$$ from peoples IRAs to cover their wastes.. Banks will, instead of paying interest( if thats what ya call .75%) theyll charge a %age for keeping our $$$ safe for us.. & safe it wont be. One day, we will see Bank Holidays, banks closed & when they open, our $$$ will be worth some %age less, maybe a new currency completely,, who knows? ONE thing we do know,, NO Fiat Currency has ever existed that Didnt fade into obscurity. WE became a Fiat Currency when we went completely off the gold standard. Look at how our economy has worked since.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: In the "well that sucks dept" new CU
Reply #4 - 03/01/14 at 09:26:53

The world has become too large for a gold standard...
Too many people, too much money,... not enough gold...
No country uses the gold standard anymore...

The same people that want a gold standard,.. rant about the horrors of eugenics...
... but,.. you would need to decrease the world population and economies by 10 fold before a gold standard would be possible...
...or,.. some Bilderberg plot to reduce the population to 500 million... (where did I hear that?)...
Conflicting plots...  if you want a world that works like it did a century ago,.. you must support condensing the world's economies and populations to that size...

Just ranting... Grin... basically,.. you can't go back...
Same with the "Right to bear arms"... you want a total lack of gun control,.. you need to go backwards to muzzle-loaders... the world has outpaced these concepts...
JMHO... (although, the entirety of the civilized world agrees with me)... Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 03/01/14 at 15:22:41

Their is some gold out there.  China is buying 400 - 600 tons a year, India is buying 300-400 tons a year, Russia is trying to buy as much as they can.  Germany tried to repatriate the whatever gold we held for them in the States.  The odd discrepancy is the world usually produces and or gets 500-600 tons of gold to the market.

Evidently we have a really slow boat because we told them it would take us 7 years to get it to them.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 03/02/14 at 07:25:02

Well,,  Row, I disagree, but that doesnt mean I support the gold standard. I dont know what the answer is, any more than the people on the Titanic knew how to solve the problem, All I am absolutely certain of IS, whats going on cant keep going on,,AND I will add to that that Im shocked that the wheels havent come off already. & When that happens, commodities will go up & precious metals will rocket..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 03/02/14 at 08:32:24

Naa,... predictions of doom never come to fruition, except in bible tales...
Economies today are global... businesses are international... it's all interdependent.. even China relies on us just as much as we rely on their cheap goods...
...all boats rise with the tide...

Any material standard for currency, limits growth to the availability of that commodity... and gives an unfair advantage to countries that that have that resource domestically... It creates an imbalance of prosperity based on the resource... the way Arab oil countries are advantaged right now...
Gold or silver would shift it, but not fundamentally change it...
Oil is precious... so Arab countries have power, but they have no real economy other than oil...
When it runs out, they will be back in tents riding camels...
Salt was once a sort of standard...
Oil may be, in a way, now...
...but, the real standard today is knowledge and information... which is not a tangible commodity...
You can only abstractly attach a currency value to it...
So, the value of a currency is based on what the rest of the world believes your knowledge and information is worth...
A dollar is worth what a person is willing to trade for it...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 03/02/14 at 08:38:39

Correct & the same is true of anything. I think most will agree that we have seen a rise in the number of dollars required in trade for most things.
I CAN however take a "pre-sandwich" quarter & sell it & get a gallon of gas..So, in terms of ( for the sake of argument) "REal Money", gas hasnt gone up since we were kids. Well,, some of "we", anyway..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: In the "well that sucks dept" new CU
Reply #9 - 03/02/14 at 09:13:32

Well,.. it means the value of silver is still similar in relation to the value of oil...
...but, a junk silver coin is no longer really a currency... it's value is it's silver content...
If you used it as currency it would only be worth a quarter...

I have about $20.00 in junk silver... (mostly for nostalgia,.. fun to play with,.. but nice to have)...

We need silver for more important things today... like circuitry for our 'puters... which hold our information and knowledge and let us share it...
Huh...

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #10 - 03/02/14 at 09:37:16

I'm not understanding the "drawing money from tax refund" part..
Are you drawing money out from a promised tax refund? or drawing money on a tax refund check that hasn't cleared yet?
The CU I used says any check over $500 will have a 3 to 7 day waiting period before withdrawals are possible without a fee.
That's to keep you from withdrawing any money from a fraudulent check.
Even if its a government check.... cause the CU doesn't trust uncle sam either...LOL Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #11 - 03/03/14 at 07:15:23

old_rider wrote on 03/02/14 at 09:37:16:
I'm not understanding the "drawing money from tax refund" part..
Are you drawing money out from a promised tax refund? or drawing money on a tax refund check that hasn't cleared yet?
The CU I used says any check over $500 will have a 3 to 7 day waiting period before withdrawals are possible without a fee.
That's to keep you from withdrawing any money from a fraudulent check.
Even if its a government check.... cause the CU doesn't trust uncle sam either...LOL Smiley

I pissed her off and she could not explain it, any more than was written.  Basically if you deposit the check and want back ovr $1500 cash there is a $10 fee. I guess you can deposit it and go to Walmart and spend $1500 .. no fee.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #12 - 03/03/14 at 07:30:34

Serowbot wrote on 03/02/14 at 08:32:24:
Naa,... predictions of doom never come to fruition, except in bible tales...
Economies today are global... businesses are international... it's all interdependent.. even China relies on us just as much as we rely on their cheap goods...
...all boats rise with the tide...

Any material standard for currency, limits growth to the availability of that commodity... and gives an unfair advantage to countries that that have that resource domestically... It creates an imbalance of prosperity based on the resource... the way Arab oil countries are advantaged right now...
Gold or silver would shift it, but not fundamentally change it...
Oil is precious... so Arab countries have power, but they have no real economy other than oil...
When it runs out, they will be back in tents riding camels...
Salt was once a sort of standard...
Oil may be, in a way, now...
...but, the real standard today is knowledge and information... which is not a tangible commodity...
You can only abstractly attach a currency value to it...
So, the value of a currency is based on what the rest of the world believes your knowledge and information is worth...

I wont say your altogether wrong, but I dont think your altogether right either. Being on a "gold standard" does not limit one to only settling in physical gold. It simply prevents governments from doing what they are doing right now... printing trillions cash with no production to back it up. however, it would not stop them from devaluing the currency of a gold back dollar.. but it would make it more visiable.

Funny thing is that Bitcoin.. adresses the issue and seems to fit perfectly with your ideal of "money". I suspect that while Bitcoin itself will die ( probably horribly), governments will someday pick up that idea and create a new global currency.

There is no way that inflation is GOOD for me. Not 1%, not 6%, and certainly not 20%. It IS good for the government. The system as it stands now was designed to give the government to abilty to inflate at will. This no worse than when kings of old sent armed men in to take all the goods, money from the masses. It is 100% the same thing.

Pushing the intrest rate to zero is also stealing wealth, mostly from the elderly.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:12:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › In the "well that sucks dept" new CU fee

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.