Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
On the road again (Read 55 times)
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
On the road again
01/26/14 at 13:32:11

Hi all, after a lot of frustration and confusion my bike is now up and  running again - just have to say thanks to all who helped with advice and pics ( esp.Dave the mod. for his patience  Smiley ) I've put an original coil back on and rewired and renewed a lot of connections and finally put one of Lancers carbs on it ( so far no backfires ), I am now convinced that it must of been a short somewhere on one of the wires that made the bike cut out all the time -some of the wires where hanging on by a thread and a couple actually came out of the connections when I touched them  Shocked, anyway like I said new connections and its sorted, all the info on here ( electrical diagrams etc ) and the help was crucial so once again thanks to all ( you know who you are ). Just a quick question I've put a cheap tacho on and wired it in but no go on the advert it says some models might need a high tension connection I dont suppose anyone knows if the Sav 1988 is one of them and if it does do you use the wire that goes to the coil to go to the spark instead - look forward to replies - I love this place  Kiss  Grin Grin

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: On the road again
Reply #1 - 01/26/14 at 15:43:23

Man yeah, got love this forum!

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 01/26/14 at 16:25:07

It still grumbles & sounds mean when ya downshift, right?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
Reply #3 - 01/26/14 at 16:37:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/26/14 at 16:25:07:
It still grumbles & sounds mean when ya downshift, right?

Hell yeah  Smiley

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 16:50:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › On the road again

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.