So "bail-in" really? (Read 36 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
So "bail-in" really?
12/13/13 at 11:53:13

Oh I forget what email or website directed me to this, but I thought it was pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njDQiPoVAng

But what is a "bail-in" mentioned about 16:30...

So I found this:

A bail-out is when outside investors rescue a borrower by injecting money to help service a debt. Bail-outs of failing banks in Greece, Portugal and Iceland were primarily financed by taxpayers.

By contrast, a bail-in, a term first popularised in the pages of The Economist, forces the borrower's creditors to bear some of the burden by having part of the debt they are owed written off. (In the case of Cyprus, the creditors in question were bondholders, and depositors with more than €100,000 in their accounts.) At the height of the financial crisis, governments avoided resorting to bail-ins out of concern that it might cause panic among the creditors of other banks; even the bondholders of Irish banks were initially spared. But as time has passed, and the cost of government bail-outs has risen, the appeal of asking private-sector investors to take a hit has increased.

From here: http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/04/economist-explains-2

I think by default the USA does "bail-in" anyway.. meaning that savers are only insured upto $250k  and bondholders none at all.  But I assume thats NOT what they are saying. Instead, if a major bank failed and FDIC could not come up with the money to the tune of $250k per saver... that amount could go down... or conversely... some tax money would have to be handed over to the FDIC (meaning even if you were NOT a saver in that bank) you still took the hit in the wallet.  

anyway fodder to ponder...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: So "bail-in" really?
Reply #1 - 12/13/13 at 12:19:30

Look what they did in Cyprus. This isnt something that cant happen here, unlike the way the masses see it. We are hearing saber rattling, distracting the people from the obvious. Where we are headed is exactly where every fiat $$$ based society has gone. The Big Difference is this time it wont be isolated countries that fall. The globalists have been using the IMF & World Bank to inject their venom into the ecopnomies of nations around the world. Those that wouldnt [participate have been invaded. The few NOT attacked are so insignificant that the crash will engulf them anyway. Yea, I know, sounds all Tin Foil Hatish,,BUT, It stands in keeping with the historical evidence of what happens in economies that are based in a debt based fiat currency AND I have the knowledge that few have, regarding John Perkins. He wrote Confessions of an Economic Hitman. His JOB was to "Offer" loans to rulers. They were to take the loans out, sign their nations infrastructure &  natural resources on as collateral & THEN,, NOT repay the loan, allowing the lenders to take the collateral. Conquest w/o war. Those who played alond were exiled to Island Paradises, the others? Look,, Look what happened to Libya.. Look around, Look at the economies of nations that have been invaded. The light is too bright to NOT see.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 12/13/13 at 16:12:36

I saw a documentary on him.  It was on netflix and I'm afraid it is no longer there or at least the streaming version.  Yep, that's what he said.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 12/13/13 at 21:21:35

All that is required in order to know whats going on is stop listening to the constant sources of propaganda & GO LOOK for the things that make sense. I spend hours dragging up answers. I listen to hours & hours of radio talk shows to glean a tidbit I can go dig out some facts about, & I KNOW so much more than the average guy,, I just keep being right,, & I would much prefer to have not  had these nagging questions, but reality is what reality is, & I can NOT live in a comfortable, safe LIE.,. Id rather live knowing the truth, as uncomfortable as it may be.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 12/14/13 at 01:38:05

You have seen the IRS commercials right? You know the ones, We can get your tax debt reduced by 200% by using our ex-tax lawyers to reduce the amount you owe in back taxes.

Joe "These guys know their stuff! I owed the IRS $200,000 dollars and after they talked to the IRS I now only owe $2,000 dollars! YEAH!!

Now how the the heck can our country settle those Bail-ins???

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/16/13 at 07:34:41

Wow.
Never have to fire a shot.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/05/24 at 03:13:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › So "bail-in" really?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.