Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Wow, do we want this to happen? (Read 127 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Wow, do we want this to happen?
12/08/13 at 13:14:11

Seen this on yahoo news, I know yahoo, but its a report from real reporting just that yahoo picked it up.

http://news.yahoo.com/afghanistan-iran-plan-cooperation-pact-amid-tensions-u-...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Wow, do we want this to happen?
Reply #1 - 12/08/13 at 13:56:11

As far as Im concerned, A/stan is wrongly invaded & Iran is threatened in the same manner. Should they form some alliance I wouldnt blame them,
We have & never HAD any business in A/stan, or Iraq, or Libya, & we have no actual reason to involve ourselves in Iran,, UNLESS we stop kidding ourselves & admit why we are there. Its not about terrorism. Its about centralizing power & harvesting resources, THEN there is reason to be there. But, those things wont benefit We the People. It will benefit the warmongering elite who want the wars.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 12/08/13 at 14:34:47

I read somewhere recently the US is planning on staying in Astan till 2024.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/08/13 at 16:49:45

Its not about terrorism. Its about centralizing power & harvesting resources,

This is so ridiculous ..... If we wanted it, we'd take it in five minutes.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #4 - 12/08/13 at 19:42:12

wage war, not wage increase....how you can tell the rulers from the rest.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 12/08/13 at 22:54:32

We originally inserted ourselves in Afghanistan to fight the Russians during the cold war in the late 70's... amped it up drastically in the 80's...
I suppose it did cripple the "commies" economically,... but as a side effect, it taught Al-Qaeda how to cripple a regimented army...

I think, the old adage,.."the enemy of my enemy is my friend", is outdated...
We need to start standing for right,... and quit playing checkers...

Our subterfuge tends to come back, and bite us in the butt...

I think, all of us, would like to see America stand for righteousness over self interest...
History happens every day...  eventually the truth becomes clear,... and we must live with the consequences...

We created Osama Bin-Laden, and Al-Qaeda,... and Saddam,...and Gaddafi...
We prop up our puppets until they grow teeth...
Then we pay the price...
Mostly,.. for oil...

We serve the teat that feeds us...

I hate to demean a culture,.. (and a once great culture),.. but, were it not for oil,... what would we care?...
Muslims hate us because we earned it...

We defend Israel,.. because it is the center of our religious culture...
But, the only reason we need to defend it, is because of the enemies we've made...

... I have no point...
... it's just a sad mess...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #6 - 12/09/13 at 03:06:21

WebsterMark wrote on 12/08/13 at 16:49:45:
Its not about terrorism. Its about centralizing power & harvesting resources,

This is so ridiculous ..... If we wanted it, we'd take it in five minutes.

Actually, you're quite right.

I remember reading essays on "The fall of the Dollar?" where analysts hypothesized the fall of the US$ if OPEC and China would start asking for Euros, not US$, for their international exports.

Saddam Hussein was so fed up of some nations "teasing" support, then pulling away when that support was needed with most urgency, that it turned elsewhere.
Odd how the UK and the US cried outrage when Iraq "took back" Kuwait, instead of justifying it with events from their own past national history.
Not many of you know Iraq was selling oil for EUROS when the fabricated mess of "WMD" was fed to the "Free World Media".
Actually, the risk was not that of WMDs, because what WMDs there were, were of US manufacture, and had been delivered "ready to roll", preventing Iraq from being able to producing them themselves.
The real problem was that Iraq was selling OIL asking payment in a currency which was antagonist to the US$, and in that day, more competitive than the US$.
If you don't believe me, go back and check the exchange rates Euro/US$ from 2000 (when it was an abstract "reference point") to 2003.

Similarly, Lybia was selling OIL and Natural Gas to Europe for Euros.
It was even easier to start a civil war in Lybia, because within the Country political power had always been split between Tripoli (Tripolitania) and Benghazi (Cirenaica).
Back in older days these were two separate entities, united only by Colonialism.

Now the issue seems to be... Iran... again... (as Forrest Gump would say)

It is a natural thing that two neighboring Shiite Countries, both "Islamic Republics", should shake hands.

Iran is an Islamic Republic since the day the Ayatollah Khomeini returned from exile.
Afghanistan, on the other hand, was made an Islamic Republic under ther Taliban Regime, and it stayed an Islamic Republic when the US put Hamid Karzai as the new President.
So I don't see what's "abnormal"... when two "cousins" sitting side by side shake hands.

The best way to make a dog snarl and become hostile at you is to chain it to the wall, and beat it with a stick.

The best way to make a dog be indifferent towards you is to leave it alone.

The best way to make a dog wag its tail at you is to be friendly, and feed it a little from time to time, but not too much, and not too often, lest it expects to be fed "gratis" (for free, and regularly, just because... that's what it's learned)

Just my 2 cents'...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 12/09/13 at 07:29:32

Oil isnt the resource I was speaking of. There are metals we need. TPTB dont want too much oil production. & Ive pointed out what got Saddam killed many times,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 12/09/13 at 08:25:46

My point being is that when all of the oil producing countries start to shake hands, our gas prices will double, maybe triple.
Because now we have become the dog that relies on the master to feed us, and if you whip the dog too long, its going to bite back.
In other words, they are now biting back, and are with this agreement going to become the owner and us the dogs, but we will end up paying the high price for their product.
But i'm thinking we will be the dog then and will also bite back in about a decade, maybe two, because our powers that be (OPTB) will screw crap up for us and hold the production of environmentally feasible vehicles to a minimum for another 20 years.
I see us going the way of highly populated cities in the other countries in that inner city vehicles will get smaller and lighter and the overland shipping vehicles will get larger and larger.
And hopefully we will go natural gas overland (which we have tons of)and electric in the city, there by putting the oil producing countries on the back burner so to speak.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 12/09/13 at 09:55:44

Several years ago I was watching the news. GW Bush was talking to someone & the topic was the high price of gas in Europe. Bush said
"I dont see why we cant have that here."

TPTB didnt have us invade to PUT that oil on the market, but to crimp supplies. WE had to stop Saddam from selling oil for euros, Gaddafi was working on something along the same lines, goin around the dollar,,SO, Americans had to be told what an eeeevil man he was,, & he had to die.

Take not that the countries we have invaded were announced as targets before we even went into Iraq, also, to date, none of those countries weve invaded are using the world bank, etc. Their economies are based on real money, not fiat crap,. That makes them economic terrorists to the globalists.Theres more to the reasoning behind war than is to be found in the news,, we wont be told WHY,, We are Lied to, every time,
WWII may have been a straight deal, IDK how we got into Korea, but after that? Loads of lies,,

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #10 - 12/09/13 at 11:30:24

Libia was pressing for a new gold Dinar and for oil to be traded in Dinars.

I am not so concerned about likes of Astan and Iran warming up to each other. I would be more concerned with China and Russia moving off the Dollar for oil trade. Such a thing is being hinted at and would be disasterous for the dollar.

Still even then,,, Like others on here have pointed out using the military might of the US to keep oil prices down was never smart.. and it wont ever be smart.  Time for the US to do right and stop beating dogs with sticks.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #11 - 12/10/13 at 13:08:10

What you guys don't get is that the U.S. is very close to producing enough oil for our own needs now, thanks to modern technology.  Some oil pundits even predict that by 2016 we'll be a net exporter of oil again.  All unless the tree huggers screw it up.
So, oil is no longer a motive, if it ever was, for foreign interventions.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 12/10/13 at 13:16:43

That's right. A friend that has been in the drilling business for 35+ years said we have enough oil for 300 years if we were aloud to get it.

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #13 - 12/11/13 at 09:05:27

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 12/10/13 at 13:08:10:
What you guys don't get is that the U.S. is very close to producing enough oil for our own needs now, thanks to modern technology.  Some oil pundits even predict that by 2016 we'll be a net exporter of oil again.  All unless the tree huggers screw it up.
So, oil is no longer a motive, if it ever was, for foreign interventions.

I don't think there is any question that oil was a motive for actions in the middle east ( in the past).  I truely hope you are correct and oil as an import becomes a non-issue for a long time to come. Though, I don't think that will prove to be the case. As to the tree huggers... its not them that should worry you... it's those darn pesky HUMANS that can't stand for methane to come out when they open the water tap.
I am not convinced that Fracking is the best thing since sliced bread. I would be MORE ok with it.. it those that directly benefitted from it.. had to pay those that were directly were hurt by it. That isn't something that often happpends and will not happen in this state, as state law is very much in favor of resource extraction to the detriment of any thing else.

If it could be proven that (insert resource extraction here) proved deadly to 20,000 people a year.. the state would be good with that. Everything has a cost.. and sucks to be you .. is the common mantra. For example how close can an oil rig be to a house? 100 feet. Don't like it .. move! Don't got the money to fight or move? Sucks to be you.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 12/11/13 at 09:14:13

I didnt say oil to put ON the market was the goal,,shutting their production down to prop prices UP AND protect the dollar, protecting the dollar was higher in priority,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 20:48:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Wow, do we want this to happen?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.