Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
35 StatesSo Far, Its Growing (Read 109 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: 35 StatesSo Far, Its Growing
Reply #15 - 08/06/13 at 06:45:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/05/13 at 13:07:57:
Show me where slavery is made a right in the bill of rights

It was the thirteenth amendment that made it illegal my friend ...
Toss that out and I guess we go back to slavery ... hey just stirring up the pot ... You guys want a Con-Con so bad ... that would be what you get ...  
And those that have said the first 10 amendments are what are the best ... so there, 13th ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
RatdogWillie
Serious Thumper

Nostalgia isn't what
it used to be...

Johnstown, PA.
Reply #16 - 08/06/13 at 06:55:25

WebsterMark wrote on 08/06/13 at 06:24:13:
He may be confusing the Constitution with the bible. Leviticus 25:44 states that we can own slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations.

If you're going to quote Bible, do a little research and get it right. That's not the right verse about slaves. There are plenty of other verses you can take out of context to prove whatever point you wanna make, but that's not one of them.

Okay, I researched......

Leviticus 25:44 (New King James Version)

And as for your male and female slaves whom you may have—from the nations that are around you, from them you may buy male and female slaves.

So you say there are also other parts of the BuyBull that allows humans to own other humans? Hmmmm.....that's interesting.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them?
How is it possible to have a civil war?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 08/06/13 at 08:00:15

There are dozens of slave references.....but none of them say its a Godly thing to own slaves. It acknowledges the reality that slave ownership was a part of society. (Sort of like having two wives, the Bible acknowledges it, but doesn't go out of its way to condone it) 2nd point would be that many times when they use the phrase slave, they are really talking about hired servants. To be fair, many of the very poor worked in households because they had no other choice. Call it involuntary servitude. Of course, stay at any hotel today and look at the 90% Hispanic cleaning crew.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 20:01:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 35 StatesSo Far, Its Growing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.