Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what good ARE the gun laws? (Read 68 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
what good ARE the gun laws?
07/05/13 at 00:21:57

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/18/biden-we-need-more-gun-laws-because-we-...

if people are simply told No, you cant buy a gun, but not investigated & prosecuted for attempting to illegally buy one, we really arent using the law as it was intended nor are we using it as well as we could,, kinda silly, really,,
i know i would never walk in & fill out those papers & lie,, id be scared of a looooong visit at a federal installation.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: what good ARE the gun laws?
Reply #1 - 07/05/13 at 06:33:14

What good are gun laws ... right, when there is 5-6 states that dont have any, and we have excellent roads to states that do.

Hey, I'm going to stop the air from SC from wafting over my state.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 07/05/13 at 07:10:38

point im making is, biden wants more, after saying we havent time & esources to use the ones we have,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 07/05/13 at 07:57:02

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/13 at 07:10:38:
point im making is, biden wants more, after saying we havent time & esources to use the ones we have,

That's true as per "hotair.com" in january of 2013.

I cant find nothing else - so true or not ... I dont know.

But the whole premise of "we have these 5000 laws and one more is going to make what difference" ... is an old one - very old one.

The 5000 laws are like this, there are 100 laws, and 4900 laws that give the NRA the loopholes they have been screaming for.

SC may be a NICS state, but this woman pled insanity in court and bought a gun and unsuccesfully tried to shoot people @ a private school. Maybe its  NICS state only if you're nto a criminal. You heard the NRA guy ... criminals will never go through background checks, so we need to give them the guns.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 07/05/13 at 13:15:48

I don't support the NRA or any gun group You heard the NRA guy ... criminals will never go through background checks, so we need to give them the guns. But I've never heard them say that.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 07/05/13 at 14:02:46

Midnightrider wrote on 07/05/13 at 13:15:48:
I don't support the NRA or any gun group You heard the NRA guy ... criminals will never go through background checks, so we need to give them the guns. But I've never heard them say that.

He said it - google for your preferred media outlet's audio -

But text - here is 1 I found -

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/30/wayne-lapierre-hits-back-during-he...

“When it comes to be background checks let’s be honest,” LaPierre said. “Background checks will never be ‘universal,’ because criminals will never submit to them.”

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 07/05/13 at 17:43:32

& he is right,, people steal guns & sell them,, theres a complete " black market pipeline" for EVERYTHING. sex, drugs, guns, it is & will remain so.. now what?

IP Logged
keith
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/05/13 at 18:02:04

As I always say when the Fed try to pass more laws.  Enforce the ones you have before making it harder for people to do things legally.  The fact is simple.  Gun laws do nothing but limit the people who care about following the law.  Criminals could care less, so more laws will not make any difference to them.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 07/05/13 at 18:44:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/05/13 at 17:43:32:
& he is right,, people steal guns & sell them,, theres a complete " black market pipeline" for EVERYTHING. sex, drugs, guns, it is & will remain so.. now what?

He is right only in a very limited sense. Once a gun is sold, we completely lose track of it. In effect in SC people buy guns by the 100, or 1000. Then they are sold to their "associates" in NY or chicago.

That's cos there is no tying the gun, its rifling marks and serial # to one person. If it was, any time there is a gun crime, we will either have a killer in jail, or a trafficker. Guns need to be "registered to a person" @ all times. Else, it helps criminals and hurts non criminals.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/09/13 at 20:04:12

Why is it when I posted an article by The Blaze you criticize my source calling it biased but now you can post articles from them?

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 07/10/13 at 08:11:17

Because its a right wing point of view - and I found it on several credible ones as well - picked blaze @ random - OK so here is print news sites -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/01/29/lapierre-to-a...

There is several more, but seeing as its a january 2013 article, I am finding fewer and fewer from say USA today or PBS etc ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 07/10/13 at 09:33:09

That's because the old media is obsolete. Dead, controlled.
That's why people should break free and shift towards new forms of media. Podcasts, forums, blogs.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 07/10/13 at 11:11:17

Paraquat wrote on 07/10/13 at 09:33:09:
That's because the old media is obsolete. Dead, controlled.
That's why people should break free and shift towards new forms of media. Podcasts, forums, blogs.

--Steve

The "new" media is full of flagrant (or is that fragrant) lies, speculation and outright lies ... like the famous 46 million in refunds given to 23,0000 illegals in 1 atlanta address ... that promptly got onto all the right wing nut blogs, and even onto Hannity.com, and as we were asking questions like, was it delivered snail mail, or electonic, and was it a house, a tax place, a money transfer station or what ... it disappeared ...

Sorry, print media is a far more reliable source ... It may be picked up by nut job blogs first, but if its not on real news media, even be it faux news, its too much of a clanger even for faux = its a lie.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 04:53:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › what good ARE the gun laws?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.