Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank Gooniss we have Agencies to regulate! (Read 38 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Thank Gooniss we have Agencies to regulate!
06/22/13 at 08:01:22

Since ALL the regulatory & enforcement power is in DC, only a small number need to be corrupted by corporate interests to get themselves a door opened.,BUT, If STATES had the power to regulate ( & Maybe they could, I dunno) things likie this, then we would have a fighting chance,
But, when we have a federal power that will Sue a state for enforcing the law when the feds dont Want it enforced ( Which, BTW, is extremely illegal. & I refer to, Arizona? Whichever state tried to protect its border & the feds sued them & the crooked courts allowed it) its hard to say if its even possible for the People to protect themselves from what looks like an absolutely deadly assault on humanity thru corporate means.

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/usda-organic-formula-contains-ingredient-wor...

Other places wont allow import of GMO,, he!! FIRE we cant even get labels on our food!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Re: Thank Gooniss we have Agencies to regulate!
Reply #1 - 06/22/13 at 09:01:13

Interesting read, but, why are you surprised? Big money controls every aspect of life in this country. The national "organic standards" cater to factory farming, not to true organic methods of production.

Our farm follows E.U. standards for our vegetable, fruit and grain production. Toughest standards in the world. If the produce won't meet German or Danish quality levels, it gets fed to the chickens, the mini horses or the compost bins.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 06/22/13 at 10:26:39

Surprised? Im Not surprised,, Im just pissed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/23/13 at 07:12:37

Whole Foods Market, a local "organic" market here (I belive a franchise) started labeling GMOs'.

Chipotle, anotehr franchise which makes AMAZING BURRITOS has started labeling GMOs also.
Voluntarily. People are listening. It's just taking time to cut through the BS.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 06/23/13 at 08:08:31

Yea, Whole Foods is a chain. Thats a good thing,, Once upon a time there were only small time , owner operator outlets for decent food. Consumer awareness has created a demand for healthy foods. It seems there is a push to destroy any producers of real food. Sure enough anyone producing whole dairy products,, geeemineee Christmas,, they go after those guys with swat teams,, & our "Regulatory agencies" are allowing higher & higher concentrations of toxic crap in our food while cancer rates
go up & up.. ever searching for the "Cure" tho,,, all the while, ignoring many likely causes.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/rejection-bill-label-genetically-modi...

excerpt
I wont ask ya to read the whole thing,, heres the part I think is pertinent to this convo

( Hint, Hint, Webster)

Protesters are seeking a repeal of the so-called “Monsanto Protection Act.” The act refers to Section 735 of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act of 2013. Buried in the 600-page bill is language that allows biotech companies to experiment with crops, create genetically-modified (GMO) foods and sell those foods, even if legal action is made against them.

Andrew Kimbrell, the executive director of the Center for Food Safety, called Section 735 a backroom deal that muzzles federal judges from preventing the cultivation of inadequately-tested GMO foods.

The argument against GMO crops includes research that the food injured or killed laboratory animals, made some farm animals sterile after eating them, caused animals to develop allergies and created irregularities in the organs of lab animals. Furthermore, protesters say GMO farming is unsustainable.

The U.S. Senate last week voted overwhelmingly against a bill that would allow states to require genetically modified foods be labeled as such. The Food and Drug Administration says there is no difference between GMO and non-GMO foods.

A lobbying group representing Monsanto, DuPont & Co., and other GMO seed producers, The Biotechnology Industry Organization, said it supports voluntary labeling of GMO products; however, it says mandatory labeling is misleading and could confuse consumers into think the foods are unsafe.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #5 - 06/23/13 at 12:09:53

I'm already again looking into emigrating back to Europe or South America, where GMOs and other known problems aren't allowed. Wonder if my German relatives in the Alsace-Lorraine need a farmhand or two...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 06/24/13 at 08:16:49

Yea regulation @ the state level ... will lead to ... these potato chips are illegal in CA ...

Which comming to think of, is a problem for the  people that sell this, not for us. They may raise prices and we'd still have the same junk ...

I dunno, I would prefer national regulation, atleast that means fewer beureaucrats - and we need to have these protest type things for what we want, or dont want. Its easier to protest as well ... not 50 in 50 state capitals. Just 1 in DC.

BTW you already cant get those pretzel wrapped around cheese things we on the east coast call "combo's" in CA - Or atleast we could not till 2003 when I last was in CA.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 08:03:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Thank Gooniss we have Agencies to regulate!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.