Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Facebook, Twitter??? social media.... (Read 235 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Facebook, Twitter??? social media....
Reply #30 - 06/11/13 at 21:49:09

If you dont know we all have to argue against these people tracking us, snooping in what we say , YES, youre a danger to a free society. What is being done is WRONG,, That they cant Find anything in your life to hurt you isnt the point,, they cant just be snoopin in your life! The 4th amendment says it, BUT,, whether its never been said before, YOU shouldnt willingly Accept such an intrusion in your LIFE, man,,

Sure, we ride, so we share that, but,, I want my freedom,, Please, tell me you feel the same,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #31 - 06/11/13 at 23:57:51

It is a new age...  and there are unpredicted changes...

Just as the founders were at the cutting edge of muzzle loading,... they were seeing the amazing revolution of printing...

Today,.. we have the archaic A-10 Warthog delivering 3,000 rounds  per minute,... nulcear/nu-cu-lar technology that can level a city in a second...
... and the ability to communicate in an instant, with anyone in the world...

This must require some adjustment...
As far as invasion of privacy...
Our global footprint is our shield...  no one can monitor every communication...
We all want the bad guys stopped...
These scavenging bots, gather key words,... look for locational links... correlate with known evil doers... and then,... start to relay info to human beings...

We all expect the government to protect us... and that is in the Constitution... it's a primary purpose...
When bad things happen, we blame them...
They need to do this...
As long as they are keeping to national defense.. it seems fair enough...
...(if they start going after traffic violators,  pot smokers, or downloaders,... I have a problem with that...
... but,.. those things are currently rejected as non-consequential, as they should be...

I'm more angry with Google, Twitter, Yahoo, YouTube, and the like... watching my interests for monetary gain...
In other words...
I don't mind you checking that I'm a dangerous, terrorist nut... 'cause I ain't...
I do mind being investigated for my consumer value... because I do consume...  I just don't like being told what to consume...
I want to be able to pursue other interests...
My interests are not set in stone...
I'd like to think for myself...
Thank you,... but, no thanks...
Huh...
It's not the reach of government,... but what they grasp for...
We expect and demand that they have reach...
Technology is getting tricky...
We demand that they be on top of it,.. but we still want our privacy...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #32 - 06/12/13 at 05:23:11

Quote:
I'm more angry with Google, Twitter, Yahoo, YouTube, and the like... watching my interests for monetary gain...
In other words...
I don't mind you checking that I'm a dangerous, terrorist nut... 'cause I ain't...
I do mind being investigated for my consumer value... because I do consume

That's the price you pay for using Google etc. without having to pay for those services. They are free to the user because they make their money by selling the data they collect. Only choice is not to use them at all. If you use them you essentialy agree to those terms.

What the NSA is doing is entirely different and wrong IMO. I get a kick out of all the talking heads saying "Well its legal - congress passed a law saying so."  Congress can pass a law making any darn thing "LEGAL". That don't mean it's right.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #33 - 06/12/13 at 06:28:31

They can pass a law legalizing barbecuing babies on the first sunday of each month,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
nickthe_human

Arkansas
Reply #34 - 06/12/13 at 08:25:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/11/13 at 21:49:09:
If you dont know we all have to argue against these people tracking us, snooping in what we say , YES, youre a danger to a free society. What is being done is WRONG,, That they cant Find anything in your life to hurt you isnt the point,, they cant just be snoopin in your life! The 4th amendment says it, BUT,, whether its never been said before, YOU shouldnt willingly Accept such an intrusion in your LIFE, man,,

Sure, we ride, so we share that, but,, I want my freedom,, Please, tell me you feel the same,

I 100% agree with you that it is an invasion of privacy and an intrusion into our lives, but to me the internet is just as public as a library or city park. I for sure would not be ok with snooping in my home. And it could be that that is just how I am used to using the interweb. Especially all the social media. those are designed FOR public. but as for the tracking and monitoring, yea it sucks and I, of course, would prefer it to not be done.

2005 S40
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #35 - 06/12/13 at 08:31:58

The internet is as public as the library? Naaah.. For the goobs to take MY $$$ & build a surveillance system to capture everything I say here is an invasion. Period.  Just as it would be an invasion for them to bug the library & record everything I say there, & its just as wrong for them to be able to go find out what books Ive been reading,unless theyve initiated an investigation against me for a crime Ive been accused of. Not a crime they are hunting to SEE if they can accuse me.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #36 - 06/12/13 at 13:50:35

They've always been able to track what anybody checks out from the library. Even before the current barcode/scan system. Pretty simple to wave a warrant at the librarian and look at the signature slips we used to have. The library is a gov't entity, different rules apply than in the civilan sector.

I remember in high school, we were just breaking into using e-mails. 1987, so it was mainly school to school or school to company, company to company, etc. No search engines or any other such nonsense had been invented yet. And you know what? We managed to get the gov't to investigate the Catholic school I attended back then, based on stuff we'd sent in an e-mail to our namesake school in another state...

This "privacy online" idea has been a farce since day one. The day the networks started is the day the feds started watching any/all traffic on it. Telephone privacy? Never has been such a thing, don't you remember physical switch boards, party lines, and related "old movie" stuff? I'm too young to have dealt with them, but I've seen enough crappy old movies to know what they were and how non private that system actually was...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 03:27:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Facebook, Twitter??? social media....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.