Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Eagle Scout expelled from school (Read 171 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Eagle Scout expelled from school
Reply #15 - 05/03/13 at 06:45:08

Dane Allen wrote on 05/02/13 at 19:56:00:
srinath wrote on 05/02/13 at 14:01:13:
Paraquat wrote on 05/02/13 at 09:13:53:
Sri - you've got to be kidding me.
You're going to dismiss another article because of the source? Google your own darn article then.
What part did he embellish? Being an Eagle Scout? Attending church? Being in high school? Having a family? Existing??

Although it pains me I agree with Bill on this. The policy is zero tolerance. If one can skate by it will set a precedent.

That all being said 12 years ago I carried a Leatherman with me to high school. The times are changing, however.

--Steve

Its a opinion fluff piece from a right wing blog ... and the commenters were all surprise surprise ... right wingers ...

And
Yes on precedent, yes on zero tolerance ... the rule - lets try when you get pulled over going 50 in a 35 see if you can talk yourself out of the ticket saying you didn't know it was 35 there ... or better yet see if you can call your mom to come there and remove something ...

I love the apples to oranges comparisons.... Grin Grin

And why is it not apples to apples ... Ignorance of the rule doesn't give you an excuse no matter what you're ignorant of ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #16 - 05/03/13 at 08:59:11

srinath wrote on 05/03/13 at 06:45:08:

And why is it not apples to apples ... Ignorance of the rule doesn't give you an excuse no matter what you're ignorant of ...

Cool.
Srinath.

Oh, the irony!!!

Not completing an inventory of the contents of your car is not the same as speeding. Driving is a priviledge and gun ownership is a right. The rule listed above specifically states "knowingly and willingly." I didn't make this up, only stating the facts. As explained in other posts, you should compare like for like.

Ignorance.... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Get a dictionary!!!

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 05/03/13 at 09:05:53

I must say, Dane... "knowingly and willingly" kind of shook me. That moment of realization. If you're looking at the 100% legal definition the Eagle Scout should be free and clear.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 05/03/13 at 09:32:04

Dane Allen wrote on 05/03/13 at 08:59:11:

Cool.
Srinath.

Oh, the irony!!!

Not completing an inventory of the contents of your car is not the same as speeding. Driving is a priviledge and gun ownership is a right. The rule listed above specifically states "knowingly and willingly." I didn't make this up, only stating the facts. As explained in other posts, you should compare like for like.

Oh yea then everyone would claim they didn't know ... duh ...
That's why these things get kicked to a judge.
And of course he knew the gun was there - which was why he was calling mom to come and remove it ... right there your argument fails ...

Failure ... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Get a dictionary!!!

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #19 - 05/03/13 at 09:59:09

Paraquat wrote on 05/03/13 at 09:05:53:
I must say, Dane... "knowingly and willingly" kind of shook me. That moment of realization. If you're looking at the 100% legal definition the Eagle Scout should be free and clear.

--Steve

Yes, but we are not a nation of laws anymore but, rather, a nation of convenience, hysteria and corruption. The current system is designed to crush individuals and non-PC, non-Marxist approved identities like Christians and the family.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #20 - 05/03/13 at 10:04:06

srinath wrote on 05/03/13 at 09:32:04:

Cool.
Srinath.

Oh, the irony!!!

And of course he knew the gun was there - which was why he was calling mom to come and remove it ... right there your argument fails ...

Cool.
Srinath.

It helps if you read the whole article and not just reconstruct certain parts to suit your world view. It actually states that he discovered the gun AFTER he got to school and was retrieving a school bookbag from the vehicle.

OUCH!!! It must hurt to be you!!! Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 05/03/13 at 10:27:41

Dane Allen wrote on 05/03/13 at 10:04:06:
srinath wrote on 05/03/13 at 09:32:04:

Cool.
Srinath.

Oh, the irony!!!

Cool.
Srinath.

It helps if you read the whole article and not just reconstruct certain parts to suit your world view. It actually states that he discovered the gun AFTER he got to school and was retrieving a school bookbag from the vehicle.

OUCH!!! It must hurt to be you!!! Grin Grin Grin

You are so full of sheite ...

This is a NC news story ... I heard about it ad nauseum ... and not from right wing nut blogs either.

He got the gun to school after using it the previous day ... as in he put the gun in there so he knew about it. No one broke in and put a gun ... so he knew ... in any case ...

Right wing nuts will say what they want ... which is why that was a fluff piece ... the news on it has been out for a while longer than you were able to read Todd Starnes blog. He put it there ... he knew it was there ... if he drove it to school that is willingly.

The rule is to catch the nut who brings a gun to school before he starts shooting. Duh ... that is the intent of the "gun free zone" ... if you're here with a gun you'll be arressted just for that and charged with a felony. Post columbine that is the reality we live with, and plenty of kids bring guns to school all the time.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 05/03/13 at 11:06:44

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/02/liberty-university-offers-scholars...

It's all said and done now. Liberty College stepped up.
His sister is cute.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 05/03/13 at 11:19:39

Paraquat wrote on 05/03/13 at 11:06:44:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/02/liberty-university-offers-scholars...

It's all said and done now. Liberty College stepped up.
His sister is cute.

--Steve

Oh gee gun nut helping gun nuts ... if he have knocked up someone and he didn't own up and she had to get an abortion I wonder how much trouble he'd have been in ...

Ha ha ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 05/03/13 at 12:00:05

What kind of responsible behavior is it,... to go skeet shooting, then come home and leave the weapon in the car?... presumably along with ammo?...
Then, diddle and twiddle all evening,... and go to bed,... with the weapon and shells still out there, all night?...
Finally, remembering it's in the car the next day at school...

When I return from shooting,... the weapons come into the house, immediately, get cleaned and wiped down, and put away...
... and I ain't no scout... but, I do treat weapons with the safety and respect they deserve...

This little scout should lose a few merit badges for that... Huh...

... and his sister really is a cutey...  Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #25 - 05/03/13 at 12:29:57

You guys wanna lock up a model citizen for making a mistake and trying to correct it while multi offenders are running loose everywhere. I know, I have a nephew who has made a career of stealing, been shot in an armed robbery, beat up his mom (my sister) and stepfather, stole old coins from his father, destroyed public property numerous times and he's still running the streets. He's found out the government will pay him for making babies now so that's his new career. He's due back in court next week for beating up my sister and his stepfather with a 2x4. I told his stepfather he's welcome to borrow any firearm I have to protect his self but his stepfather is a good man and wont hurt him. My sister will drop the charges but this time I don't think his stepfather will. My whole family has been begging him to stand his ground. This kid is what jails and graveyards are made for.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #26 - 05/03/13 at 12:44:34

Midnightrider wrote on 05/03/13 at 12:29:57:
You guys wanna lock up a model citizen for making a mistake and trying to correct it while multi offenders are running loose everywhere. I know, I have a nephew who has made a career of stealing, been shot in an armed robbery, beat up his mom (my sister) and stepfather, stole old coins from his father, destroyed public property numerous times and he's still running the streets. He's found out the government will pay him for making babies now so that's his new career. He's due back in court next week for beating up my sister and his stepfather with a 2x4. I told his stepfather he's welcome to borrow any firearm I have to protect his self but his stepfather is a good man and wont hurt him. My sister will drop the charges but this time I don't think his stepfather will. My whole family has been begging him to stand his ground. This kid is what jails and graveyards are made for.

Dude you still here posting ... aren't you supposed to be on the road to race RC and my kid is looking for some nasty nascar style crash from my description (sorry I had to use the movie cars as an alanlogy - autism).

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #27 - 05/03/13 at 12:46:54

I'm charging batteries as we speak, the cars ready. I'll be leaving a little after 5. Hope to see ya there.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #28 - 05/03/13 at 12:49:43

Midnightrider wrote on 05/03/13 at 12:46:54:
I'm charging batteries as we speak, the cars ready. I'll be leaving a little after 5. Hope to see ya there.

I'll be there kiddo in tow ... I'll call you or you call me when you get close to there. I am going to leave 6:30-45. I need to know exact location.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #29 - 05/03/13 at 16:37:14

Midnight,.. I'm not saying he should be locked up... Grin...

I'm just saying leaving a weapon and ammo in a car, untended,.. is not exactly exemplary Eagle Scout behavior...

The "Model Citizen"... title, is pretty subjective... and is being used by the Right to promote their point of view...

If there's a merit badge for gun safety... he needs to get a refresher...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 23:03:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Eagle Scout expelled from school

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.