Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Eagle Scout expelled from school (Read 171 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Eagle Scout expelled from school
05/02/13 at 06:16:20

http://townhall.com/columnists/toddstarnes/2013/05/01/town-rallies-around-eag...

Cliff notes:
Eagle Scout left a shot gun in his vehicle by accident.
Called his mother to come pick it up.
Was overheard and some jagoff called the police.

Where I stand:
He's an Eagle Scout, sounds like is a good character, and obviously meant no harm to anyone. He tried to remedy the situation as best he could and when confronted he responded with total honesty...
...but zero tolerance means zero tolerance. Not zero tolerance unless it's an accident or unless you're a boy scout.
I'm conflicted on this story.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Eagle Scout expelled from school
Reply #1 - 05/02/13 at 06:21:30

Todd Starnes ? wowee you cant find a more biased source ?

I can ...
Here it is ... gunssavelives.com

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/honors-student-eagle-scout-charged-with-felony-...

Ha ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 05/02/13 at 06:52:11

Read both articles and most of the comments after both.

School overreacted, plain and simple. I graduated in 1991. We routinely had guns in our cars during hunting season, most of the male students carried a pocketknife (it still was considered part of your duty as a male).

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 05/02/13 at 07:19:45

WD wrote on 05/02/13 at 06:52:11:

School overreacted, plain and simple. I graduated in 1991. We routinely had guns in our cars during hunting season, most of the male students carried a pocketknife (it still was considered part of your duty as a male).

Opinions, schmopinions ... and you only find this opinion on a right wing blog ...

This has been on the news in NC since sometime last night ... like I said ... opinions on a biased blog obviously are biased ...

9 out of 10 hard right wing blogs are pro right wing ... oh woweee what a surprise. But what about the 10th right wing blog ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #4 - 05/02/13 at 08:57:47

Zero tolerance is just another phrase for zero intelligence. All these administrators need to be fired since their jobs require no decision making or interpersonal skills. Just look up a rule and pass judgement. A Howler Monkey can do that.

"The law is very clear when a person knowingly and willingly brings a weapon onto educational property,” spokesperson Tracey Peedin Jones said. “The situation was turned over to law enforcement immediately.”

Public schools are a disgrace, my kids are home schooling next year for Kindergarten and 2nd grade because California public schools are garbage.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #5 - 05/02/13 at 09:04:35

You let one get away with it and all the boys will be doing it to be cool,Have and argument start and sooner or later some one will get shot.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #6 - 05/02/13 at 09:11:05

srinath wrote on 05/02/13 at 07:19:45:
WD wrote on 05/02/13 at 06:52:11:

Opinions, schmopinions ... and you only find this opinion on a right wing blog ...

This has been on the news in NC since sometime last night ... like I said ... opinions on a biased blog obviously are biased ...

9 out of 10 hard right wing blogs are pro right wing ... oh woweee what a surprise. But what about the 10th right wing blog ...

Cool.
Srinath.

The problem is the opinoin is also very logical and reasonable. Just because it is an opinion doesn't mean it is wrong and just because you have no logical rebuttal also doesn't make it wrong. It is a very solid opinion and you have done nothing to counter it.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/02/13 at 09:13:53

Sri - you've got to be kidding me.
You're going to dismiss another article because of the source? Google your own darn article then.
What part did he embellish? Being an Eagle Scout? Attending church? Being in high school? Having a family? Existing??

Although it pains me I agree with Bill on this. The policy is zero tolerance. If one can skate by it will set a precedent.

That all being said 12 years ago I carried a Leatherman with me to high school. The times are changing, however.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 05/02/13 at 09:21:59

bill67 wrote on 05/02/13 at 09:04:35:
You let one get away with it and all the boys will be doing it to be cool,Have and argument start and sooner or later some one will get shot.

Thats a mighty extreme (though common for adminstrators) position to take Bill. Not sure how cool it is to be calling mom to come clean out the car. Cant really see that catching on. Shotguns ( hunting variety) are not really considered cool down here. Thats something grampa used to hunt. Sure its a gun and all... but cool to drive around with one... not most kids.

This is were (to me) why a national anti-gun law is wrong. Each area has its own history and tolerance level for guns. This also shows how people with NO CRIMINAL INTENT OR MALICE are made into criminals. Its not what he did with a gun... its that he just had the gun. No one was harmed, yet he is in jail.  This to me is paramount to jailing anyone with a bucket of water becauses they COULD drown someone.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #9 - 05/02/13 at 13:04:41

To reiterate:

...knowingly and willingly brings a weapon onto educational property,”

He was neither knowing or willing but they punished him anyway.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #10 - 05/02/13 at 13:29:45

Ignorant is no excuse.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 05/02/13 at 14:01:13

Paraquat wrote on 05/02/13 at 09:13:53:
You're going to dismiss another article because of the source? Google your own darn article then.
What part did he embellish? Being an Eagle Scout? Attending church? Being in high school? Having a family? Existing??

Although it pains me I agree with Bill on this. The policy is zero tolerance. If one can skate by it will set a precedent.

That all being said 12 years ago I carried a Leatherman with me to high school. The times are changing, however.

--Steve

Its a opinion fluff piece from a right wing blog ... and the commenters were all surprise surprise ... right wingers ...

And
Yes on precedent, yes on zero tolerance ... the rule - lets try when you get pulled over going 50 in a 35 see if you can talk yourself out of the ticket saying you didn't know it was 35 there ... or better yet see if you can call your mom to come there and remove something ...

Ignorance is no excuse ... however even RMoney doesn't know that ... "he has generously offered to leave the country and not pay any taxes ... not knowing he still has to pay taxes at the same paltry 13% he has been paying while sitting here"

I think it runs in the republican blood ... if you dont like something ... just call it government waste ... or claim you didn't know the gun was in your car.

At the end of it, this kid will probably end up seeing a judge who will say ... "Yea dont do it again, now get out" which is right ... however that is a call only a judge can make ... not a school principal.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #12 - 05/02/13 at 19:56:00

srinath wrote on 05/02/13 at 14:01:13:
Paraquat wrote on 05/02/13 at 09:13:53:

--Steve

Its a opinion fluff piece from a right wing blog ... and the commenters were all surprise surprise ... right wingers ...

And
Yes on precedent, yes on zero tolerance ... the rule - lets try when you get pulled over going 50 in a 35 see if you can talk yourself out of the ticket saying you didn't know it was 35 there ... or better yet see if you can call your mom to come there and remove something ...

I love the apples to oranges comparisons.... Grin Grin

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #13 - 05/02/13 at 23:09:53

We have a new strict right wing governor who will probably fix it. His only crime was being forgetful.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #14 - 05/03/13 at 03:04:03

Did you hear about the two brothers in Boston working on a science project. They got tried of carrying them so they just left them on the street.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 21:51:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Eagle Scout expelled from school

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.