Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Post the stupidest name you have heard (Read 202 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Post the stupidest name you have heard
Reply #30 - 05/15/13 at 15:01:20

srinath wrote on 05/02/13 at 12:16:34:
Pine wrote on 05/02/13 at 08:27:53:
and so Sri doesnt feel left out Shantanu.. who I just Shan

Is his last name one of Pal or paul, Bose, dutta, (or other bengali) its a classic bengali name.

And yea say hi to Misty and christy too ... are they identical ?

Cool.
Srinath.

Godbole .... good guy.. we cruise up the bike shop so he can drool over the crotch rockets... He hates RE and anything that sounds like one (thus he has no love for my savage)

Yeah Misty and Christy are identical.. though I have never met Christy. I don't think I will tell her hi for yall. She might get the wrong (or right) idea of a bunch of "bikers" saying hi. Either way it would scare her.   Cool

I have said it before on here. Shan, Dayong, and I go out for lunch rather often. Its very fun to quiz each other on our differing cultures. Shan is vegetarian.. and allergic to shellfish. So it can be hard to get a place where we can all eat properly.  We often end up at the local Chinese place... cause everyone loves Chinese food (Shan gets noodles).

IP Logged
shovelbum87

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Hampshire
Reply #31 - 05/15/13 at 16:24:33

Lovely name... it's French, its origins can be traced back to the ancient Celts who used the wood from the YEW tree (= IVV) to make cerimonial implements.

Incidentally, the word "IVV"  also meant "bautiful, pleasant to behold".

It should be pronounced "ee-VOnn".

Wink [/quote]

Yes I am the only sicilian with two french names, my mother was confused! A very italian family I have two brothers both very italian names, and I get a very french one... What was she thinking???
I do have to say that I like it though, its different.

NEVER argue with a woman holding a torque wrench or a spray gun!
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #32 - 05/15/13 at 17:40:10

Pine wrote on 05/15/13 at 15:01:20:
srinath wrote on 05/02/13 at 12:16:34:
Pine wrote on 05/02/13 at 08:27:53:
and so Sri doesnt feel left out Shantanu.. who I just Shan

Is his last name one of Pal or paul, Bose, dutta, (or other bengali) its a classic bengali name.

And yea say hi to Misty and christy too ... are they identical ?

Cool.
Srinath.

Godbole .... good guy.. we cruise up the bike shop so he can drool over the crotch rockets... He hates RE and anything that sounds like one (thus he has no love for my savage)

Yeah Misty and Christy are identical.. though I have never met Christy. I don't think I will tell her hi for yall. She might get the wrong (or right) idea of a bunch of "bikers" saying hi. Either way it would scare her.   Cool

I have said it before on here. Shan, Dayong, and I go out for lunch rather often. Its very fun to quiz each other on our differing cultures. Shan is vegetarian.. and allergic to shellfish. So it can be hard to get a place where we can all eat properly.  We often end up at the local Chinese place... cause everyone loves Chinese food (Shan gets noodles).

Oooo Godbole - said more like coat po lay ...

There was a bengali movie in the 80's that was an adaptation of Madame Bovary that was made by satyajit ray where the central character was called Mr Godbole. To me not being a bengali speaker we watched it as a family - I, my cousin and aunt and we were free to make up our own story. Hilarious what we did. Of course being 10-11 we had no clue about Madame Bovary. The sky was the limit.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 10:29:44

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Post the stupidest name you have heard

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.