Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
And the only difference is........what? (Read 122 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
And the only difference is........what?
05/13/13 at 19:01:39

A minute, well we can tell by the testimony, or lack of a conviction on the 4th charge, that if the baby only sighs, a couple of seconds, then its not what, viable?
How draconian have the abortion folk, and the democratic party platform become.....with such advances and readily available forms to prevent pregnancies, that they insist 8 inches, the approximate distance from the womb to the vaginal opening, makes killing a life justified?

The story: http://www.komonews.com/news/national/Philly-abortion-doctor-guilty-in-3-babi...  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: And the only difference is........what?
Reply #1 - 05/13/13 at 19:39:56

"How draconian have the abortion folk, and the democratic party platform become".....

And just how does this barbaric murderer have any connection to the democratic party?? Are the GOP people who advocate no restrictions on gun ownership responsible for every heinous gun murder that occurres??

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 05/14/13 at 03:32:41

I guess it leader speaks for them, yes?

http://factcheck.org/2008/08/obama-and-infanticide/

And to your second point, yeah, just listen to them try and tie that argument together, just as you did.....

edit: Obama explains his reasoning for voting against it because he was afraid they (those in opposition to abortion) would use it to overturn Wade vs Roe..... kinda like the argument gun activist use citing their fear of registering guns will lead to confiscation, which, as with the "born alive" bill is its own separate piece of legislation.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/15/13 at 05:59:28

The answer to your question raydawg is convenience.

If it's your bad luck to be conceived in a situation where your survival is inconvenient for your mother and she decides to kill you, well then tough luck. If by some fluke, you survive the acid, knife, scissors or whatever method of death they intended, you are not out to the woods just yet. According to our current President; you can lay there and die of exposure. The "doctor" doesn't have to try and save you.

Here's an ironic result. Let's say some nurse picks you up off the floor after the 'doctor' has left and saves you. (which has happened by the way) You grow up to adulthood but are later murdered. The state, which said you were not human back then, will prosecute and perhaps execute your killer for the crime of killing a human being. In reality, your killer simply finished what your mother and 'doctor' attempted way back when you were born. The killer's lawyer could make a pretty compelling argument....

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #4 - 05/15/13 at 13:28:18

Web one thing we agree on is abortion. Children are the most precious innocent beings on the planet. I don't see how anyone could abort one. I try to let other peoples actions not  bother me but that one hurts.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 05/15/13 at 15:04:27

I speak from a 100% life of privilege. On my worst day since I turned 18 - if someone turned up @ my door baby in belly, saying this is your baby - I would say OK come on in. I cant imagine the pain someone must be in to abort a child. I however think the adoption system in this country is so broken ... Madonna and Angelina Jolie are adopting babies from countries you cant pronounce, and we have babies here being killed. We cant keep going on like this.

Seriously I think we need a sorta open adoption system like we have in India. The birth parents and the adoptive parent/s know and sort of have a string tying them together. Its IMHO easier for everyone. because that system is home grown without any legislation, I think its what people want.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/15/13 at 16:44:19

Adoption availability has nothing to do with abortion rates.

We'd all like to think every abortion is agonized over, but that's not the case. When close to 60% of all black women in New York City end their pregnancy by abortion; adoption and agony do not come into play.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 05/15/13 at 17:33:42

No what I meant by talking about adoption was - we need to push adoption as a viable alternative to abortion, and for us to do that with creditability, the adoption system has to be better.

And dont pick NYC as an example. Its a disgusting place to live if you are not raking in millions.

One fool today called me about a job in NYC. My experience and qualifications make me a prime candidate to go to some soul sucking company like Goldman Sachs and keep the systems they have sucking blood out of retirees and old people's retirements going ...

Anyway the position offered an impressive $125K. I laughed at him and said I am not living 100 miles away in a shack and commuting 3 hours from pennsylvania. For 125K you will find me a house of ~2000 sqft 20 min from work, cos that my commute now. I do it by bike a lot of times, but I'll trade that for a train if I have to.

No one with common sense will work in NYC for less than 400k if you ask me.
Those kind of people cant be trusted to birth and care for a child.
If you live in NYC and make $15/hr and you're an adult - something is already wrong with you.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 05/15/13 at 19:44:55

Not sure if the gist of my comment/post was understood, so let me try clarifying it a wee bit more  Kiss

I would never, ever, force a person to my will, which is pro life.... but I have never been in a situation (rape, etc) where I had to choose, either, so my stance is based upon how I hope I would respond. With that said, what I can't fathom is what appears as a callous wanton disregard for life, under the guise of "birth control". There is no way in heel you can tell me all the abortions performed are from failure(s) of them....NO, it is something else entirely. And if you read the story I linked, you can see where this POS made a ton of money in the business and lived quite high on the hog. And please don't tell me its because women only have a few doctors to assist them with it, no....its because there are so many performed!
No way should an innocent life be erased because some woman just wanted to FUC_ her brains out....hey, maybe that explains it, eh?  Lips Sealed

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #9 - 05/15/13 at 20:13:34

"some woman just wanted to FUC_ her brains out....hey, maybe that explains it, eh?"  

...Some woman?? Like some "man" wasn't a part of it? seems to me that it's the guys that need to keep it in their pants.

So here we go with welfare moms raising 5 or 6 kids all by different fathers. That's great! Encourage them to have 5 or 6 more, it beats abortion.

So if you are anti-abortion, don't complain about welfare moms, pay up.

(Note) this is not to be construed as a pro-abortion post, just pointing out some side issues.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 05/16/13 at 03:30:41

Well first of all when it comes to this act.....and this time I CAN speak with authority, men have no brains, or have abandoned them entirely for the "moment"  Cool

BUT......

We are told again and again, and it is used as trump that its a woman's "right" to choose, a man has no say in the matter. With that understanding then it rest upon her shoulders. Now of course if the decision is flipped, he must support the baby, but we know many never do,.... but that is a different horse.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/16/13 at 05:52:56

So if you are anti-abortion, don't complain about welfare moms, pay up.

Don't complain about welfare moms, pay up?...! Just exactly why am I suppose to 'pay up'?

Hey, how about everyone else out there send me a few bucks to make up for the mistakes I made. That seems fair doesn't it?....

Looser abortion laws as well as welfare for that matter, encourages behavior, it doesn't lessen it. There is very little stigma association with either and that is a darn shame.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 05/16/13 at 06:32:23

Yea one more of those "You need to live the way I say you should, and it shouldn't cost me anything" line of government.

So we have these 2 tenets ...

Cut it from you, cut it from you and give it to me, cos you're govt waste and I am job creator.

And,

You need to live the way I say you should and it shouldn't cost me anything.

As much anti abortion I am, I would before we touch anything regarding abortion - make all the other options adoption and birth control and counselling and everything very very robust. Everything is so onerous and then we are complaining there are people having abortions. That's speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 05/16/13 at 08:22:41

Yea one more of those "You need to live the way I say you should, and it shouldn't cost me anything" line of government.

So we have these 2 tenets ...

Cut it from you, cut it from you and give it to me, cos you're govt waste and I am job creator.

And,

You need to live the way I say you should and it shouldn't cost me anything.

not at all and I never said that. this is  your rhetoric; not mine. I simply said why does the rest of the population have to pay more and more while those creating the expenses have no societal brakes to at least help slow down this behavior. something tells me if these same women demanded government funding to buy them radios so they could listen to Glen Beck, you'd be singing a different tune.

No public funds for abortion. Planned Parenthood is a murderous organization and I resent my money going there.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #14 - 05/16/13 at 10:08:11

No public funds for abortion. Planned Parenthood is a murderous organization and I resent my money going there.

& WHERE is PLanned Parenthood most readily available?
Black neighborhoods.

YOu people need to realize that the woman who promoted that whole idea was a eugenicist who absolutely hated the black people. Called them weeds .

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 18:50:35

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › And the only difference is........what?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.