Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Anyone that Smokes Tried the E Cigarettes (Read 102 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Anyone that Smokes Tried the E Cigarettes
05/01/13 at 00:58:32

I decided I would give them a try, my grandson lives with us 3 1/2 days a week and I didn't want to smoke around him. It cost about $100 to get started, ordered everything off the internet. Got cigarettes, cartriges and chargers. I tried several different cartriges, some were good and some were bad. I found one I really like and I've almost quit smoking real cigarettes. Its nice to take a draw off of one in public. The doctors really like them, my doc said she could tell a difference in the sound of my lungs and it had only been a month. I live in NC and I don't save that much money but I could see it would be a lot cheaper if you lived up north and they're not taxed like regular cigarettes. I never smoked in anyones house that didn't smoke and if I had nonsmoker company I never smoked around them. I would go outside. I tried to be considerate of my nasty habit. If you smoke they're worth trying and don't give up if you don't get the right cartriges at first. I have way to much wrong with me for them to extend my life but I do it for the sake of others. They're odorless and leave no funky residue or smelly ashtrays.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Anyone that Smokes Tried the E Cigarettes
Reply #1 - 05/01/13 at 08:24:46

Someone I know said the biggest change he had to make was to avoid tossing it with the last drag. Also the last drag is weaker ... instead of strongest with a real cig.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/01/13 at 10:26:57

I roll my own. IMported pipe tobacco doesnt have thimerosol sprayed on it.
Every Non imported tobacco except one ( Its organic & very pricey, cant remember the name) has it.
I think rolling them is part of smoking. I spend around $15.00 every 2 weeks on tobacco & papers.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 05/01/13 at 12:43:51

I made cigarettes for 37 years. The government claimed we added all these chemicals to the tobacco but I did everything you could do while I worked there. The most harmful thing I saw was we took some nicotine out of some of the light brands with ammonia. We used Rum, Hershey's Chocalate and Licorice to flavor the tobacco. The chocolate and licorice came straight from Hershey's in a 100lb bag. The rum could have been spiked with chemicals but several of us were prone to take a nip (quality check) back in the day and it tasted like rum and it didn't kill us then LOL. They started adding a blue die to it to discourage us from drinking it LOL. What scared me was all the foreign tobacco we started buying the last 20 years I worked there. The Turkish was good but the tobacco from South America they were buying could have had anything in it.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #4 - 05/01/13 at 19:28:17

Midnightrider wrote on 05/01/13 at 12:43:51:
I made cigarettes for 37 years. The government claimed we added all these chemicals to the tobacco but I did everything you could do while I worked there. The most harmful thing I saw was we took some nicotine out of some of the light brands with ammonia. We used Rum, Hershey's Chocalate and Licorice to flavor the tobacco. The chocolate and licorice came straight from Hershey's in a 100lb bag. The rum could have been spiked with chemicals but several of us were prone to take a nip (quality check) back in the day and it tasted like rum and it didn't kill us then LOL. They started adding a blue die to it to discourage us from drinking it LOL. What scared me was all the foreign tobacco we started buying the last 20 years I worked there. The Turkish was good but the tobacco from South America they were buying could have had anything in it.

Midnight I'll accept your claims as you were "right there in the trenches" as it were. But,as  tobacco farmer and farm supply employee for the better part of thirty years I can tell you there are quite a few chemicals in the tobacco. Starting with the treatments for disease and aphids while the plants are in the bed, then herbicides for weeds in the field prior to planting,moving to insecticides for bugs and worms in the field,then chemicals to prevent suckers(plant growth at the leaf joints)and finally chemicals to stop growth and start the curing process.

Lots of chemicals in tobacco just on the farm.......even if none are added in the rest of the processing.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 05/01/13 at 21:06:58

I tried the e-ciggs,... and they were sorta' working for the first week,... then they didn't work so good,.. then, they just barely worked...
I was trying all kinds of tricks from youtube to clean then, mod them, fill them... but, I just couldn't make them work right...
I think you have to be a master fiddler, to stay with them...

I smoke "cigarillos" now... They're just cigarettes, with a tobacco wrapping, instead of paper...
So,.. not technically cigarettes,... so, not taxed, and can be shipped through the mail... $10 a carton...

Bad for my physical health,... but good for nerves, and my spirit...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Face

Tubes Rule !!!

SL,UT
Reply #6 - 05/01/13 at 21:23:20

Midnight - what brand are you using? I tried the "Blue" and some cheap POS from the gas station, neither of which were worth a darn. Tasted like shite, and didn't curb my cravings. I really like the idea of them, I just havn't found one I like.  Angry

"I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas A. Edison
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #7 - 05/01/13 at 22:19:26

Tried them, bought 2 more cartons of real smokes this afternoon. So I'm set for a week and a half or so...

Smoke rollies for about 4 years. Switched back to factory mades, I smoke more in a day than I could keep stocked of rollies when I was driving heavy haul.

I'd grow my own and switch back to a pipe, but the government stranglehold on seed supplies is ridiculous. Too many regulatory hoops to jump through to grow a couple hundred pounds a year.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #8 - 05/01/13 at 22:19:32

Face, its South Beach Smoke, my wife got them off the internet. Zar I started working tobacco in the fields when I was 11. I know different herbicides were used but back then it was basically the same thing we used on our vegtables. I know things have changed a lot, I'm 58 years old. I have no idea what farmers use nowadays, about the only American tobacco used in major quanity anymore is burley. God knows whats in these foreign tobaccos the companys are buying. I do not condone smoking in any way shape or form! What I was saying is I don't believe the government was telling the truth when it came to cigarette manufacturing, in fact I know the government lied if you can believe that. The government was saying the tobacco companies were adding harmful chemicals, the farmers weren't mentioned. I hand mixed the flavoring in giant mixers for a couple of years and nothing harmful that I wouldn't eat or drink went into the flavoring.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #9 - 05/01/13 at 22:59:02

WD wrote on 05/01/13 at 22:19:26:
Tried them, bought 2 more cartons of real smokes this afternoon. So I'm set for a week and a half or so...

Smoke rollies for about 4 years. Switched back to factory mades, I smoke more in a day than I could keep stocked of rollies when I was driving heavy haul.

I'd grow my own and switch back to a pipe, but the government stranglehold on seed supplies is ridiculous. Too many regulatory hoops to jump through to grow a couple hundred pounds a year.

Find a nearby farmer who has a bed and buy 15 or 20 plants off of him and set them out. Its like pot, they cant do anything except confiscate the plants unless they catch you harvesting it. I would hope the ATF has more to do than watch 20 tobacco plants. I would find some pipe tobacco with Turkish and mix it.

IP Logged
bounder
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/02/13 at 14:05:23

tried them don't like them

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #11 - 05/02/13 at 23:20:34

bounder wrote on 05/02/13 at 14:05:23:
tried them don't like them

Don't give up yet. We don't have the same taste evidently but my Doc said she could tell a difference in my breathing after only a month of smoking them. Its worth keeping on for health reasons. My wife smokes a different brand than I do.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #12 - 05/02/13 at 23:26:12

Zar I don't remember us spraying any kind of insecticide on the tobacco when I was growing up. We kids had to go through the fields and pick the tobacco worms and pull their heads off. It was a green slimy mess. I love Mexican food but I don't want to be around guacamole. Reminds me too much of tobacco worm guts.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 05/03/13 at 00:28:30

Yunno' Midnight,...
I never even did that.... and guacamole makes me think the same thing...

One large Carne Asada burrito,... no guacamole. no sour cream...
I want to chew my burrito,... not suck it... Huh...
Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bounder
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 05/04/13 at 20:51:50

ok Serowbot,and Midnightrider,Justin.  This is your old buddy Mick Justin's nemeses , I couldn't get my old name back so I took one of Bounder that's another name for cad. I have been in and out of hospital
thanks mostly to SMOKING I tried the C/cigs they actually made things worse.  My last time in this last winter with pneumonia, almost killed me.
I have to carry oxygen around with me 24 / 07  that includes bed, I don't look like such a chick magnet in my little Miata. But I still enjoy the heck out of it, I tried to give you my advice 2 years ago,I see by your desperate attempts that none of you made it.
Please guys you gotta do it,  it's killing you, we all know it, we cant keep dodging the bullet .  I can promise you . good luck  guys,  Mick

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:47:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Anyone that Smokes Tried the E Cigarettes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.